Party and Guild Chat System Poll

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Don't get rid of the party/guild chat system?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Y
48%
N
52%

Total votes: 23

Faust

Re: Party and Guild Chat System Poll

Post by Faust »

That is social engineering...

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Faust wrote:That is social engineering...
Not really, there is no attempt to influence the population to play in a certain way. If anything, the Fallacy of Moderation applies to my comment.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Despite the issues surrounding UOAM, we wouldn't have any control over that in any situation. All text input using the -- command goes through the UOAM server and is integrated into the client on the receivers end, thus circumventing any server side prevention in the first place.

Regardless of that, because some people choose to use entirely out of game utilities to enhance their gameplay (see: voice communication), we shouldn't make that function available to everyone in game, as long as it was out of era.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Some of us, (myself included) cannot run UOAM
and that's what your argument all boils down to. you can't so nobody else should (actually you can, everyone can, you're just.... well, you know).

You want to remove/limit UOAM because it was after our time frame that some feature was added, Razor did not even exist, so let's all stop using Razor. I've already given out a client that can be used to connect to UOSA without Razor, and Derrick can block Razor from connecting to the server.. so let's go. What are we waiting for? Era accuracy, right?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Dagon wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:Some of us, (myself included) cannot run UOAM
and that's what your argument all boils down to. you can't so nobody else should (actually you can, everyone can, you're just.... well, you know).

You want to remove/limit UOAM because it was after our time frame that some feature was added, Razor did not even exist, so let's all stop using Razor. I've already given out a client that can be used to connect to UOSA without Razor, and Derrick can block Razor from connecting to the server.. so let's go. What are we waiting for? Era accuracy, right?
Kaivan wrote:Regardless of that, because some people choose to use entirely out of game utilities to enhance their gameplay (see: voice communication), we shouldn't make that function available to everyone in game, as long as it was out of era.
Edit: As a side note, I am all for removing razor, but then I suspect the usage of some other program would rise.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Definitely remove, takes about 5 seconds to do and will limit some botting (the "legit" ones at least)

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat