What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Derrick

Re: What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:This was just something the players crafted up here early on based out of hatred for the lame tactic of pre-casting and guzzling a potion.
That seems like a pretty harsh indictment. We know that this was at least the case in UO:R, I don't think we need to assume a conspiracy here.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Derrick wrote:
Faust wrote:This was just something the players crafted up here early on based out of hatred for the lame tactic of pre-casting and guzzling a potion.
That seems like a pretty harsh indictment. We know that this was at least the case in UO:R, I don't think we need to assume a conspiracy here.
Judge derrick demands order in the court Faust.

With that attitude you'll likely be in contempt soon, "son".
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

The issue that started the ruckus over a year ago here was over potion guzzling with a pre-casted spell. We all know that this isn't possible during the UOR era(and the last portion of the t2a) and that is only because of the removal of pre-cast. When pre-cast was re-implemented in late '01 there is mention of its "limitations" surrounding other items besides weapons, etc... My post wasn't an indication that the players simply made this up out of no where. The addition of this feature was crafted by the players out of the issues they had with pre-casting and potion guzzling that was to my knowledge based on the late t2a and UOR restrictions surrounding it. I already stated this earlier on in the thread that this was mainly a UOR feature even listing the patch notes. There is no information so far to suggest that from the time of the demo until the removal of pre-casting that some random feature that interrupted casting existed. That isn't even the way the UOR feature works. It "wipes" the target of the spell clean, not interrupt your spell. Equipping weapons didn't even interrupt spell casting during the t2a era until the removal of pre-casting...

Here is the patch note once more for those that may have missed it.
Server Publish Jan 24 2000 9:14AM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=2000_Patch_Notes wrote:Pre-casting

The bug involving the ability to “pre-cast” spells and then use or take items will be fixed. After casting a spell, the targeting cursor will disappear if the player does any of the following:

Equips or unequips an item.
Takes an item.
Drags an item from their backpack.
Why would they list "use" items in this phrase if it wasn't possible before the patch? :wink:

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

so as it stands on the live server, you cannot drink a potion with a spell target up? but the evidence is contrary. does this mean that it we be implimented again?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Sandro wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Judge derrick demands order in the court Faust.

With that attitude you'll likely be in contempt soon, "son".
rofl wow i was up earlier..
Last edited by Derrick on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

The live server doesn't allow you to continue holding a spell target and guzzle a potion at the same time. You will simply "fizzle" on the targeted spell if you trigger one of these item uses that isn't allowed. This is where the majority of the "OMG I FIZZLED ON FIRST CIRCLE" complaints are coming from. There are more items other than potions that ruin your casting target that many people don't even realize is causing the problem. Simply opening a corpse and combinding the Razor feature "open corpse with in X amount of tiles" was horrible until that was fixed awhlie back.

The evidence surrounding this issue as much as I hate it should be more than valid to remove these restrictions on pre-casting. If someone remembers this differently than they should research the topic and present some information proving it. At least that is my opinion on the matter with anything related to era accuracy. I think it's quite clear that the patch for the removal of pre-casting is the culprit behind this game feature in the UOR and late t2a era though.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:The live server doesn't allow you to continue holding a spell target and guzzle a potion at the same time. You will simply "fizzle" on the targeted spell if you trigger one of these item uses that isn't allowed. This is where the majority of the "OMG I FIZZLED ON FIRST CIRCLE" complaints are coming from. There are more items other than potions that ruin your casting target that many people don't even realize is causing the problem. Simply opening a corpse and combinding the Razor feature "open corpse with in X amount of tiles" was horrible until that was fixed awhlie back.

The evidence surrounding this issue as much as I hate it should be more than valid to remove these restrictions on pre-casting. If someone remembers this differently than they should research the topic and present some information proving it. At least that is my opinion on the matter with anything related to era accuracy. I think it's quite clear that the patch for the removal of pre-casting is the culprit behind this game feature in the UOR and late t2a era though.
Does this mean that soon I will be able to chug heals with my gheal cursor while cycling my hally every so often seconds?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Yes, that lame tactic(prep heal and gh) that everyone griped about before it was changed would be able to be used again.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

malice-tg wrote:when i was a noob i had to recall from pks alot.

I remember my macro for backpack was alt I. I also remember that if I finished my recall and then hit the alt i my recall wouldnt work. that was something you didn't overlook twice because it caused you to die.

you could open it before or during cast and be ok but once the cursor was up you were done.
I 100% agree with this. I clearly remember this happening.

monaxe

Post by monaxe »

Anyone here ready for some FAUST DANCING?

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

why dont we just stop talking about this before it actually is implemented. most retarded thing i've ever heard.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

ClowN wrote:safe to say this topic has once again been derailed. fix poison/cure plz

Faust

Post by Faust »

Faust wrote:What is there to fix?

No information has been provided to suggest a fix/change is required.