Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part II]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part

Post by kill drizitz »

i hope they dont break. no point in changing it. hes grandfathered plenty, and it doesnt affect gameplay. grandfathering stuff is era accurate. look at improperly placed houses during era. aside from houses that affect gameplay (blocked front houses, on towers, in dungeons) they seemed to remain.

btw, GO MIAMI HEAT!

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

nightshark wrote:Footwear not breaking when another layer is worn on the bottom half of the body, is era accurate. So really the only items in question here are GF masks, and maybe the occasional piece of blessed clothing. Hence why I talked about masks.
So you are saying that only masks should be allowed to break (and the occasional piece of blessed clothing) because of the way damage is calculated? But what of the player who only pvps in sandals, or bank sits with blessed leprechaun armor?

Im not going to repeat myself in regards to the many fallacies that have happened and were so diligently corrected. With each accuracy patch comes a group of players who are 'ill-fated' because something was taken away from them in the goal of accuracy.

I refuse to believe blessed items not breaking should be excused or looked over because of pixel, gold, or sentimental value. UOSA fixes inaccuracies. Blessed items not breaking is inaccurate. Lets fix it.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Hmm, seems it's a touchy subject. My point about sandals is they will be virtually unbreakable under either mechanic - therefore this suggestion only really affects masks. "GF" on sandals, as I pointed out, is practically an imaginary benefit. I'm not saying "if this is changed, don't apply it to sandals" and I'm sure your English comprehension is good enough to realise what I'm saying.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you do not own a GF mask and that this change would not affect you, which makes it more puzzling why it's important to you to have it changed.

Derrick has known about this issue for a long time, there have been no new arguments presented, so now we seem to be going by the "if we speak louder, it will be heard" route. There are plenty of other known inaccuracies on UOSA that could be receiving a tenth of the attention this issue gets.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Hicha wrote:
nightshark wrote:Footwear not breaking when another layer is worn on the bottom half of the body, is era accurate. So really the only items in question here are GF masks, and maybe the occasional piece of blessed clothing. Hence why I talked about masks.
So you are saying that only masks should be allowed to break (and the occasional piece of blessed clothing) because of the way damage is calculated? But what of the player who only pvps in sandals, or bank sits with blessed leprechaun armor?

Im not going to repeat myself in regards to the many fallacies that have happened and were so diligently corrected. With each accuracy patch comes a group of players who are 'ill-fated' because something was taken away from them in the goal of accuracy.

I refuse to believe blessed items not breaking should be excused or looked over because of pixel, gold, or sentimental value. UOSA fixes inaccuracies. Blessed items not breaking is inaccurate. Lets fix it.

What you are suggesting would be the equivalent of deleting all of the homes in the Britain Swamp because they should not have been there in the first place. This would never happen.

When the only way to to bless clothing was to purchase a CBD through the Silver System it SPECIFICALLY stated that those items would never break. Later we found out that this was inaccurate and it was switched, but you cannot take something away that someone worked hard to get just for the sake of accuracy.

Staff has already explained this many many times. Let's stop beating a dead horse.

Kaivan wrote:An inaccurate mechanic does not imply that we should go and forcibly change the results from the inaccurate mechanic before it was corrected. We will not be deleting any houses in the area.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Robbbb wrote:
Hicha wrote:

What you are suggesting would be the equivalent of deleting all of the homes in the Britain Swamp because they should not have been there in the first place. This would never happen.

When the only way to to bless clothing was to purchase a CBD through the Silver System it SPECIFICALLY stated that those items would never break. Later we found out that this was inaccurate and it was switched, but you cannot take something away that someone worked hard to get just for the sake of accuracy.

Staff has already explained this many many times. Let's stop beating a dead horse.

Kaivan wrote:An inaccurate mechanic does not imply that we should go and forcibly change the results from the inaccurate mechanic before it was corrected. We will not be deleting any houses in the area.

You're wasting your time. Everything you could say has been said and ignored. The people attacking your GF items are only here for one purpose. Get their objective completed. They aren't here to hear you out or work on a solution. They want your items breakable. It will make a great Tales of Adventure one day when they find you afk and start wacking you with a hammer.

The staff has said no...not gonna happen, but that isn't stopping them. The objective here is to annoy the staff until they give in.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Robbbb wrote:What you are suggesting would be the equivalent of deleting all of the homes in the Britain Swamp because they should not have been there in the first place. This would never happen.

Your analogy is not the same; nobody here is asking to have blessed masks/hats/armor/clothing deleted, but simply allow them to break like every other blessed/normal item in-game.

You do bring up an excellent point, however: none of the houses in Britain swamp were grandfathered, either. As soon as they are redeeded or collapse, they're gone from that area for good. By allowing grandfathered blessed items to break, you're applying the same concept: you're allowed to keep this item, however when it eventually breaks, it's gone.
GuardianKnight wrote:The staff has said no...not gonna happen, but that isn't stopping them. The objective here is to annoy the staff until they give in.
Please provide a link to a post were staff is stating they will not re-address grandfathered blessed items being breakable. The only reference anyone has is a vaque "I remember Derrick saying it in irc once".
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I don't need to provide a link. You know Derrick and the staff have seen this thread. Don't you think, like many other issues, that derrick would say " sure, we'll fix that someday"? Because there has been nothing like that after all this time, one must conclude that this is just masturbatory.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

GuardianKnight wrote: You're wasting your time. Everything you could say has been said and ignored. The people attacking your GF items are only here for one purpose. Get their objective completed. They aren't here to hear you out or work on a solution. They want your items breakable. It will make a great Tales of Adventure one day when they find you afk and start wacking you with a hammer.

The staff has said no...not gonna happen, but that isn't stopping them. The objective here is to annoy the staff until they give in.
While I fully admit there is some truth to the first part, the second part is incorrect and ignores what was officially said:

Subject: Patch 140 - Jan 19-26: RunUO 2.1 + misc item mechanics.
Derrick wrote:Patch 140a: Jan 19, 2011
  • All Newbied and Blessed clothing has had it's durability restored. Going forward all noobie and blessed clothing will lose durability and be destroyed like any other clothing.
  • All previously blessed clothing is grandfathered for now as non-destroyable.
  • This effectively corrects a broken mechanic without violation of many previous statements both public and private by the administration that blessed items cannot be destroyed. I don't expect that this will end the debate on the destroy-ability of these grandfathered items, but this change is offered for now as at least a first step in correcting this previously inaccurate mechanic.
Highlighting done by myself of course. This can be open to interpretation I will grant you but most people in this thread who are a proponent of these items breaking (I can't speak for everyone) are keeping this alive because of their interpretation of what Derrick said. The interpretation is that the grandfathering is temporary meaning that eventually it will break. You may interpret it differently. As this is the only official stance by D that I know of, none of us know for sure what is in his head. However I will assure you if he said somewhere what you claim he did, and have no evidence of, I myself would let the issue go and many others would too. But because it is interpreted by many as an "open issue" bumping threads like this one keep it on the table. Sure, there are many issues that need to be worked on here and you can judge what you find more important than others, but issues have gotten lost and forgotten in the past and some people want to make sure that doesn't happen with this one.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Robbbb wrote:
Hicha wrote:

What you are suggesting would be the equivalent of deleting all of the homes in the Britain Swamp because they should not have been there in the first place. This would never happen. "

how is an items properties being adjusted that makes it function properly = to deleting a house ? i would love to know, have mechanics on housing been adjusted before ? looks to me like they are about to change, should every house have its mechanics grandfathered in ?
nightshark wrote:Hmm, seems it's a touchy subject. My point about sandals is they will be virtually unbreakable under either mechanic - therefore this suggestion only really affects masks. "GF" on sandals, as I pointed out, is practically an imaginary benefit. I'm not saying "if this is changed, don't apply it to sandals" and I'm sure your English comprehension is good enough to realise what I'm saying.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you do not own a GF mask and that this change would not affect you, which makes it more puzzling why it's important to you to have it changed.

Derrick has known about this issue for a long time, there have been no new arguments presented, so now we seem to be going by the "if we speak louder, it will be heard" route. There are plenty of other known inaccuracies on UOSA that could be receiving a tenth of the attention this issue gets.
can we stop making assumptions? can we stop narrowing this down to mask breaking? the topic is "blessed items should break from damage" that implies all blessed items any layer that a clothing blessed deed has been used on should have its properties adjusted so that it can take damage and possibly break this era accurate. you make it should like its this difficult challenge for derrick to fix this when its as simple as shutting a light switch off in your house. i also love how you're trying to silence the issue Discussion » Suggestions & Era Accuracy is the location of this thread we can talk about it all we like .....
also what does owning the item have anything to do with it ....... ? you guys still trying the "you're jealous" route when people who own blessed stuff have posted on previous threads and this one supporting them breaking ? you notice something not accurate you fix it whether it effects you or not doesn't make if its in either a positive or negative way. http://www.uosecondage.com/About
also did blessed items break by our cutoff date ? oh yes they sure did so why should they not break ? if you know the shard goal is to be accurate to that time frame oh because someone made a mistake ? so making a mistake > accuracy and should stay in ? for the sake of the shard goal i hope we don't make to many mistakes as time goes on

ps <3 @applejack
Last edited by iamreallysquall on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Flea

Post by Flea »

Hicha wrote:
nightshark wrote:My feeling on the subject is that there are very few blessed masks on the server (I do not personally own one). People with blessed masks are the only ones who will be affected by this change at all really. Sandals will never break as long as something is worn on the lower half of the body. Paying for "GF" sandals is essentially an imaginary bonus, unless you like to roleplay a pervert.

At this time, I would guess that every (maybe a couple of exceptions) GF mask that exists, has been dyed for a large amount of silver. Silver is an era inaccurate system and is implemented on the server under the guise of policy and server events.

As it stands, a desirably colored GF mask (see: any mask not owned by Arsen) is worth over 10 million gold. It's also one of the very few "end game" items that people strive for. It exists because of the history of UOSA and policy put in place. To make these items breakable at this point would be targeting very few players and simply screwing them over for no greater purpose.

So it's my opinion they should remain unbreakable.
The purpose of this thread is to make all grandfathered items break, not just masks. I do appreciate how you try to justify keeping an inaccuracy because of another inaccuracy (a blessed mask should be grandfathered and not receive damage (not accurate) because it was dyed using the silver system (not accurate)).

Please support UOSA and help us strive for a more accurate server!
Ok so era accuracy.... I want a house behind vesper mage shop, because there was one there in era on great lakes. Do we remove every item on this shard that did not exist in era? Should we have server up rare spawns? Should we be able to macro? Should we be able to run 3 accounts at once?

Flea

Post by Flea »

Solution ive brought up before. Any dyed mask using the silver system is unbreakable. Since dying the mask special benefit, they can add any other variations to it that they please. So for 400 or 500 silver or whatever it may be, you can dye a mask and make it unbreakable. As for other items, once again silver. 50? 100 silver? to make whatever piece of blessed clothing unbreakable.

Flea

Post by Flea »

BTW, once item bless deeds and furniture dye tubs are added, we can continue our era accuracy discussion.

getan

Post by getan »

Flea wrote: Should we have server up rare spawns? Should we be able to macro? Should we be able to run 3 accounts at once?
Not sure about anyone else, but I used to macro everything! Never got caught either...shrug

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

i actually got sent to the warning room in bucs and dced once, but i dont think i was banned for any period of time
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

bump let them break.........
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall