May we please have a no restrictions tourney with looting?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Shea

Re: May we please have stealing in the non-free use tourneys?

Post by Shea »

Kraarug wrote:
Shea wrote:
Kraarug wrote:
Already people can't fight without some gimpy thief getting gitty about the stuff they can take and f'up other people's fights.

We don't need that shit spread to other parts of the game.
Sounds like a bunch of whining to me. Waaaaa theifs ruin my l33t pvp. Waaaa we want our trammy tourneys free of all thievery so we can login for our trammy session and leave. Waaaaaaaaaaa.

You have yet to provide a compelling reason to prevent a specific tourney from including stealing... or as BF suggested... a completely open tourney.

If you don't like it then don't participate, but your aversion to any changes at all is clearly whining about what you would be losing... since you obviously have no ability to counteract a simple gimpy thief like me :mrgreen:
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Shea

Post by Shea »

Pro wrote:So what is the logical reasoning behind adding stealing to tournaments?

To make it less "trammel"? if so wouldn't it make more sense to just add full looting of your opponents corpse, afteral that is far less carebear then allowing one player type an advantage, that'd be fairer right?

or are we allowing every skill in tournaments as an idea? so we should allow stealthers and people with hiding, and therefore we should allow every item including invis, teleport and mr items because it'd be fair on everyone then, we can't make exceptions for certain play styles and it'll be fair because every play style sacrafices skillpoints for other areas, so we should let tamers in, not with an army of dragons (maybe one or two let's not get overzealous).

So what's left after all that? Everyone using a tamer with invis items and hiding or everyone abusing target by type steal macros on thief dexers... fun times
Sad that we have to spell it out but... allowing more character types to enjoy the trammy tournaments instead of just 2 templates? I pointed out in an earlier post that 100 dragons and taming does not = stealing. Perhaps we should try to be productive and suggest several tournament types, each of which include a particular play-style... or several?
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Pro, the idea is to have a tournament without any rules or restrictions. That is what is being requested here, and I will update the title now to reflect this because some people are having a hard time understanding. We do not want to replace the existing tourneys.

An event, without any restriction, allowing stealing, hiding, para, magics, daemons, whatever.

I wish people would stop bringing up the "omg allow tamers with 999 dragons then" argument. That is completely different. Why not fill the arena with balrons, to allow bards to compete??

Because that is far fetched, and everyone here knows it. The only reason you bring it up as a counterpoint is because you cant think of any other legitimate statement.

*title changed from "stealing in non-free-use tourneys", to "can we have a no-restrictions tourney".*

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Shea wrote:
Kraarug wrote:
Shea wrote:
Kraarug wrote:
Already people can't fight without some gimpy thief getting gitty about the stuff they can take and f'up other people's fights.

We don't need that shit spread to other parts of the game.
Sounds like a bunch of whining to me. Waaaaa theifs ruin my l33t pvp. Waaaa we want our trammy tourneys free of all thievery so we can login for our trammy session and leave. Waaaaaaaaaaa.

You have yet to provide a compelling reason to prevent a specific tourney from including stealing... or as BF suggested... a completely open tourney.

If you don't like it then don't participate, but your aversion to any changes at all is clearly whining about what you would be losing... since you obviously have no ability to counteract a simple gimpy thief like me :mrgreen:
The only whining I have read between our posts is from you.

Your offensive post is baseless.

First of all, you project on to me some kind of agenda that i have never advocated.

Code: Select all

Logging into tourneys just to log out?  

Saying that I would prevent new types of open tournaments?
Where in the hell did you come up that that crap?

It's clear you have a bone to pick but it's not with me chump.

Now, it's true that with Razor the skill of stealing is broken with "target by type".

You see, I quit playing UO precisely because of things like trammel. Yes, I had a thief and a very good one on Chessy. She helped me steal back many things I sold to people on ebay so I'm not asking to nerf your play style at all.

I'm just saying that in our artificial tourneys, players should be able to focus on the competition in front of them and not have to worry about thievery in light of the fact that the ERA ACCURATE WAYS to protect ones self from stealing doesn't exist here.

I tell you what, have stealing 'target by type' fixed and i'd gladly show up with 2 hides in my pack covering my kryss and even stand still long enough for you to try to steal from me.

Hell, I won't even require that my snoop back pack close upon either one of us taking a step like it did in era to give your gimpy thief the non-era accurate advantage you seem to require.

Till then, stfu and hush it while men are talking.

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

Pro wrote:So what is the logical reasoning behind adding stealing to tournaments?
As Blackfoot keeps saying, and correct me if I'm wrong here thieves..

Yes we want stealing in tournaments, which Hemp and a few others are like "NAH"
But then we compromised asking for a totally new tournament ruleset that's mixed in with the other types of tournaments.

I haven't been to a tournament at all solely because I'm just a thief, but I have been to CTF which was fun. I don't see the big deal about having this type of tournament ruleset once a week or even more if it grows in popularity. Your non-free use and free-use tournaments will be unaffected.

BYE
*the moonstone sinks into the dirt*

Pro

Re: May we please have a no restrictions tourney with looting?

Post by Pro »

So essentially all your arguement is, is that you can't compete on your thief at the current tournaments so you would like one custom made for you...

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Tamers are not allowed on UOSA

Gimped, gimped again, and then gimped again. Now we have a thread asking nicely for theving, but ofcourse taming is "A whole nother thing"

Only a handfull of things have been changed on UOSA with no concrete proof.. one of those things is all kill.

You can't tell me that in an open tourniment i shouldnt be allowed to bring 1 dragon.
[broken image]

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I still don't see the problem with bringing 1 dragon.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

To make it less "trammel"? if so wouldn't it make more sense to just add full looting of your opponents corpse, afteral that is far less carebear then allowing one player type an advantage, thatd be fairer right?
Agreed. Full looting should be part of this event rule set. As I have said above multiple times. All magic items should be allowed as I said above. All skill should be allowed as I said above.

People continue to argue that this ruleset means tamers would be allowed unlimited pets. But they simply arent reading what the ruleset actually is. Tamers are free to join this tournament, they are free to use their taming skill in the tournament. If they can fit a dragon into their backpack, then they can bring it into the arena.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The tamer argument is weak, I wish you guys would just drop it. Without a functioning All Kill, and with the slowing of the WhiteWyrm (honestly I never recall the wyrm being that fast, you would remember something like that), there were almost no instances of Tamer-PvP in T2A from my recollection (yes I see the fallacy there). Yes tamers attacked people/things with dragons, but it was nearly impossible to die unless you were most unfortunate (read: lag, red, stuck).

Realistically this is a circular argument, no matter what you say, or what rules are agreed on, someone can always say "Well, if he can bring a dragon, I should be able to bring 50 Paladin Hirelings". "What! If he has 50 Hirelings, then I should be able to bring 60 hireling-mages". It's easy to understand that everyone here knows the logical issues with "Tamer PvP". You can argue and say that because a tamer wasted 200 skill points on taming, he is at a disadvantage. You could also say that a Tailor/Smith who entered wasted 200 as well, does that make him any less of a PvPer? No, what that shows to me, is that taming can be refered to as a non-pvp skill with many positive, worthwhile uses. Farm Gold with your tamer, trick people into dying, all-kill anyone who is dumb enough not to run, or kill you quick enough. But stop the argument, it is just silly.

I think it's unfair that blacksmiths can create exceptional goods because I play a thief, therefor, I think that blacksmithing should check the greater of your Smith and Stealing skill to determine the probability of creating exceptional/GM quality goods.

See the obvious problem?

There is absolutely no harm in a no-rules tourney.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Just so we know where i am on this issue....I'm all for 100 dragons for duels.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

GuardianKnight wrote:Just so we know where i am on this issue....I'm all for 100 dragons for duels.
I'm all for blacksmithing on my thief too.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

The argument you present is not any less compelling then mine. I should be able to bring 1 dragon if you want to change the rules.

How about a test, lets put GK and a dragon, or me and a dragon vs Hally mages / Poison dexers and lets see if we have an easy time winning. I bet we won't. hell ill go ahead and say it will be VERY difficult for me to win if the mage / dexer has any brains.

From this Data i can not understand your unwillingness to let 1 pet tamers enter the touriments.
[broken image]

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Heres an example vs hally mage :

Event starts, All kill, i tally a heal to heal the incoming dump

Hally mage stops dump, uses EV Scroll and uses on Dragon. Dragon pops and wastes fireball on the EV whyle getting deadlypoisoned. I dispell / cure dragon, Dragon is now at 70% life and fireball is no longer "Scarry"

During the despell / cureing of the dragon im getting pelted by Ebolts and hallyswings that I can not really run away from.

Are you still scared to fight me in a box with my dragon???
[broken image]

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

The arguement is not to change the arenas. We are asking to have a new ruleset added. We are not asking to put wild dragons and monsters into the dueling pits. So we should have wild dragons in the pvp arenas so bards can use barding skill and tamers can use their taming skill? Is that the arguement?

All that allowing all skills would mean, is that during the tournament a tamer would be allowed to use his taming skill. If there isnt any animals in the arena for him to tame the skill wont be too usefull.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]