In search of a Guild

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Brambi

In search of a Guild

Post by Brambi »

Hello,

I am Brambi. I am pretty new to this shard, but I play UO for about 7 years now.
I am, by heart, a crafter (not a mule!). I am in fact a metal worker (Blacksmith, Tinkering, Mining). I might pick up Carpentry and Lumberjacking, but I have not decided that yet..

I am searching for a guild, because I hate beeing alone. My hometown is Cove - you will find me mining there all the time.. the vendors know me by name! *smiles*. I am still in the start of training, but I am not in a hurry for that. I enjoy developing my character as I like..

What can I offer to my up-coming guild? (When I have all my skills completed)
Any kind of order from Blacksmithy or Tinkering.
I will repair all your weapons if needed.
I will sell you the best weapons and armor you can possibly get from crafting. My hands and my smithy hammer are magical! I am telling you the truth.

I will do Tinkering to GM first, after that Blacksmithy. Be prepared for that.

What I preffer from my up-coming guild?
A smaller guild, where I will be needed for my crafting skills.
A guild that has a town and a mall, where I can later sell my products.
A mature guild, that has understanding of IRL problems/worries (I am a proud father, so my kid is more important then UO - ofcourse).

That is about all I have to say.
Please contact me on my ICQ or here on the forum. If you are interested in my services, that is.

PS: Sorry for my faults, if so, but I am not a native speaker of enlish language. I come from the Czech Republic.
Ultima Online with a smile..

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: In search of a Guild

Post by Duke Jones »

Welcome to Second Age. I hope you enjoy your experience here. This is a very helpful community, so dont be afraid to ask for help or advice! :)

Your English and introduction is very Good! You seem like a very nice person. If you don't mind me asking, How do you plan on raising your skills?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Brambi I dident even notice the bad english :) its alot better then half the shard who's first language is english! :P

But as far as guild recruiting your actually just pretty much Described $$$ Guild!!

As the GuildMaster of the Guild let me say we are ALWAYS looking for new crafters :)

We are a guild of 4 SOLID active members, we also have 4 - 6 semi-active to rarely active members who come and go with the seasons, its hard for people to stay strongly active when all you do is craft (granted those of use who love it LOVE IT!!!)

we own our own guild town SW Moonglow island is our home and we have an established Vendor Market (I would suggest taking a look for yourself)

We host various events, and do community projects, I Would recomend checking out our recruitment thread, we are in the process of making some changes we were at 10 active members a few months ago, and its droped down to about 4 now, but we understand :)

and the best thing about being a crafter is as long as your vendors are stocked, you can still live your real life!! :lol:

Anyways drop me a line here if you want or join us in IRC (which we HIGHLY encourage guild members use) we hang out in the #$$$ Channel :)

Cheers & hope to hear from you!

Syndicate Of Successful Salesmen Recruitment!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Brambi

Post by Brambi »

Duke Jones wrote:Welcome to Second Age. I hope you enjoy your experience here. This is a very helpful community, so dont be afraid to ask for help or advice! :)

Your English and introduction is very Good! You seem like a very nice person. If you don't mind me asking, How do you plan on raising your skills?
Thank you for the response.

Well I like to "play" my character. He cannot be mining all day without a pause for a meal or a drink at the local Britain's Pub! *smile*
I raise mining every day for about 1 - 2%. I only mine for now, because I put the ingots in my bank for later training. I want to GM Tinkering first - as it consumes less ingots and then later I will GM Blacksmithy. I am only a strict metalworker (BS, Tinkering and Mining). Now I have 70 Mining and 50 Blacksmithing. The future looks like this: GM Blacksmith, GM Tinker, GM Mining, GM Hiding (for prospector purposes), GM Item ID, GM Arms Lore and some magery to recall from town to town. I acutally live in Cove. I like it there, but eveyday I have a seat the local Britains Pub located under the West Bank. I am a pure crafter with no fighting skills.

I wish to enter a guild where I will be needed, respected and my services will be rewarded with kindness and some money I can make a living out of.

I indeed am a slow worker, that for sure, but when my skills are completed I will make me some backups so I can fully take orders of my up-coming guildmates.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

So that means you don't use Razor, or anything like that??? :D You acutally sit at your computer and play the game when you are on UO?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Yeah for days hitting last skill last target just to raise item ID Brambi now has tendinitus and the kids are slowly starving to death because there is blacksmithing to do next.

How is using a simple script for hitting last object / last target or last skill/ last target not playing? If you are standing still just doing that manually with no time to talk to people because you need to keep hitting keys anyway isnt that kind of like not playing?
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Yeah for days hitting last skill last target just to raise item ID Brambi now has tendinitus and the kids are slowly starving to death because there is blacksmithing to do next.

How is using a simple script for hitting last object / last target or last skill/ last target not playing. If you are standing still just doing that with no time to talk to people because you need to keep hitting keys anyway isn't that kind of like not playing?
I've said it before and I'll Say it again...
It's the journey, not the destination. 8)

You assume I just sit there and skill grind, only without macros. This isn't the case, friend. I adventure, I explore, I interact with the community, I treat skill gains as an organic part of gameplay.

Sure, it takes ALOT longer to reach my goals...

Sure, I risk getting murdered and looted...

But you know what? I guarantee you I won't get bored as quickly. And by the end of the day, I have MORE PRIDE in my few hundred points in skills than then all the 7x GMs that macro'd their skills. That I can promise.

I know that some people say "I work a million hours a week and have school, so I don't have time to waste with slow skill gain." They are missing the point. The point is *HOW* you spend your gameplay time. If you're treating ANY part of UO as a hassle or a job. Then what is the point?

You have to accept the game as a whole. If people think PVP is the only aspect of the game that's enjoyable, or worthwhile, then those people have little respect for the game and even less so to the Original Devlopers who made this great game.

Those are my views concerning UO. Take them as you will.

I think I'm about to make a new best friend with Brambi here. :)
Please don't spoil that.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Since you are new, I'd like to suggest you visit the Thirsty Clam! http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9615

It is a player run tavern with a broad variety of activities. You can find descriptions, schedules, and contactable staff members in the thread. It is managed by $$$, but the staff members that truly run the events come from many of the other great guilds on the server. Stop by and ask about the weekly raffle!

Brambi

Post by Brambi »

Duke Jones wrote:So that means you don't use Razor, or anything like that??? :D You acutally sit at your computer and play the game when you are on UO?
Well, I mine last objec/last target internal UO Macro (in the Options), I train hiding when I am currently banksitting. The only things I make a Razor macro is Item ID and Armslore, because that is actually very frustrating - at least for me.

I love UO for the whole 7 years. I love to train my charcters and then, when I hit the cap (100) I feel like a true God, that I have acomplished this - and not Razor/EasyUO/UOAssist.
I am not a roleplayer, I try to roleplay if the other player I meet in game does, but I do not on my own. I have only one chachter and I am not a mule. I am a pure crafter that loves his work at the forge and anvil, loves the sweat it takes to train up theese skills, loves the hard earned work, that it takes to mine 200 ore.

I maybe train my character two or three months, but I feel like I am playing UO and not watching the timer on Razor or any other program. I don't hate on the players that macro, but this is just my way of UO and nobody can change it.

I'm sorry for the offtopic.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

If you ever need any help. Let me know. You sound like you play with honor. I wish you good luck and I hope you find a guild to be part of. There are great guilds in this game to look out for.

Unfortunately, I don't belong to a Guild, and I doubt I will ever find a guild that I can truly feel connected to.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Duke Jones wrote:If you ever need any help. Let me know. You sound like you play with honor. I wish you good luck and I hope you find a guild to be part of. There are great guilds in this game to look out for.

Unfortunately, I don't belong to a Guild, and I doubt I will ever find a guild that I can truly feel connected to.
She just said she macroed home slice...where's all your *sighs* and all the rhetoric about her not actually playing the game.
You got something on your nose.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote: She just said she macroed home slice...where's all your *sighs* and all the rhetoric about her not actually playing the game.
I respectfully suggest you refrain posting unless you have something constructive to say. I really don't like wasting post space defending my views on Gameplay.

Brambi. I just suggest you just enjoy the game every minute you are online, and don't let anyone pressure you to rush you. There is no deadline that characters are due by. :)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Duke Jones wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote: She just said she macroed home slice...where's all your *sighs* and all the rhetoric about her not actually playing the game.
I respectfully suggest you refrain posting unless you have something constructive to say. I really don't like wasting post space defending my views on Gameplay.

Brambi. I just suggest you just enjoy the game every minute you are online, and don't let anyone pressure you to rush you. There is no deadline that characters are due by. :)
I just think you are being hypocritical about making a big deal about people macroing then finding someone who uses in game macro hotkeys and macros at the bank with razor those skills she mentioned to be somewhat like a "chore" to use your words...and you are like "you play with honor".

How is Brambi doing anything different then anybody else being she macros both with razor and with in game macros?

Granted a warm welcome is nice on your part. But to judge people right off the bat on their playstyle isn't right. That was the first thing you qued in on and even when she said she did you assume she follows your path to the dullest blade of the scissors you do.

I have characters now I have never macroed on. I have others I am experimenting with that I do.

I would venture with a guild that didnt use razor or macros on one or two characters (and do) with no light filters or anything just because yeah you need that kind of old school feel sometimes. But the world is alot bigger then that.

I don't care what you do...you are having fun, that's all that matters right? I am glad you are, really.

I just don't respect your double standard. That set me off.

Brambi

Post by Brambi »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Duke Jones wrote:

I just think you are being hypocritical about making a big deal about people macroing then finding someone who uses in game macro hotkeys and macros at the bank with razor those skills she mentioned to be somewhat like a "chore" to use your words...and you are like "you play with honor".

How is Brambi doing anything different then anybody else being she macros both with razor and with in game macros?

Granted a warm welcome is nice on your part. But to judge people right off the bat on their playstyle isn't right. That was the first thing you qued in on and even when she said she did you assume she follows your path to the dullest blade of the scissors you do.

I have characters now I have never macroed on. I have others I am experimenting with that I do.

I would venture with a guild that didnt use razor or macros on one or two characters (and do) with no light filters or anything just because yeah you need that kind of old school feel sometimes. But the world is alot bigger then that.

I don't care what you do...you are having fun, that's all that matters right? I am glad you are, really.

I just don't respect your double standard. That set me off.
Just informative, I am not a "she" :)

Brambi

Post by Brambi »

I have now joined a the guild of $$$!

I would like to formerly thank this guild for taking me "under its wings". I feel we will be a great guild. I don't feel that quite often - it has to mean something.

Again thank you, I promise to make a very good name under your guild tilte and try to do me best to satisfy our guildmember needs and the needs of our market customers.

This topic can be locked or deleted.