Safe Vendor Shopping (Detect pouches pots and macro recalls)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Safe Vendor Shopping (Detect pouches pots and macro recalls)

Post by JoshuaLee »

Protection + The most important thing to remember when going to this shop is that you must be on your toes at all times. There is a process, if you are a mage getting ambushed can be easily avoided. Go around the graveyard and come up behind the shop, reveal. Then go inside the house, close the door, reveal again. Then hide. If you are a dexxer and you can't reveal, just make sure you go inside shut the door and hide. You can still hide in a house with 0 hiding skill just make sure the door is closed. Also have help stuck ready incase someone does happen to be in the room and you cant reveal them. All you do is click help, then with the help menu up just move the menu over to the right side, so that you can easily click the second arrow which will boot you out of the house still hidden. To plan your escape much better. If you are still weary about coming then try and bring a friend with you. Even though there is risk because of how great the shop is, that risk can be severely reduced if you follow protocol.

Macro Recall = Open Razor - Goto Macros - Click New - Name it "Recall" - Click record - Then in the game recall to a rune and nothing else - Then click stop on razor - Make sure it's NOT looped. - Then in razor goto hotkeys and find macros - Set "Recall" macro to a hotkey of your choosing. (I use control+P so all I have to do is slide my left hand over. It's probably the most important to just recall after you have purchased your items. Bank it or store it immediately.

Note: If you are a dexxer (warrior) then you can still do this without being trained in the art of magic. Just goto any mage npc and buy magery skill, this is enough for you to use recall scrolls efficiently. You do the same exact thing as in the macro recall except when you record you just double click the recall scroll pile then the rune and click stop. If you run out of recalls you will have to rerecord the macro. Also it's very important to make hotkeys for disarming/arming both hands. Goto Hotkeys - Dress - And set something to Arm/Disarm Left hand and Arm/Disarm Right hand, so you will need to disarm left and right hand to be able to use your macro recall.

Trapped pouches and pots - Also make sure to have magic trapped pouches in case someone tries to paralyze gank you. Just buy 10-20 trapped pouches (whatever you feel comfortable with) and find a mage to magic trap them for you or just do them yourself. When your paralyzed just double click one and it will explode and you are free, and it doesn't harm you. Also make sure to make hotkeys for potions, always make sure to have some Greater Heal pots, Greater Cure, And Total Refresh on you. You need to have one free hand to drink potions as well so if you have a shield just Arm/Disarm Left Hand and drink then Arm again.

If you follow these guidelines and practice them then this will improve your chances of shopping safely at the Risky Business shop pretty efficiently. Now onto the location. Most important thing is to remain calm and not freak out, be in control of the situation. They succeed in your hesitation.

The Risky Business located behind the Brittain Graveyard's north fence. Everything must go! Dirt cheap items!! Full list of everything and prices at the risky business shop website!! #1 Magic armor shop on the whole shard + much much more! Best prices ever! www.theriskybusinessshop.cjb.net
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

fatmagic

Re: Safe Vendor Shopping (Detect pouches pots and macro recalls)

Post by fatmagic »

JoshuaLee wrote: Trapped pouches and pots - Also make sure to have magic trapped pouches in case someone tries to paralyze gank you. Just buy 10-20 trapped pouches (whatever you feel comfortable with) and find a mage to magic trap them for you or just do them yourself. When your paralyzed just double click one and it will explode and you are free, and it doesn't harm you.
This is such good advice... I never knew this! Thank you for the great tips. I do have a question though -- are you double trapping these? Because you said to buy 10-20 trapped pouches (magic trapped ones?), and then magic trap it again? Or can you just magic trap a plain pouch once, and be set?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Once is fine, I think he just mistyped.

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

Mikel123 wrote:Once is fine, I think he just mistyped.
Ah perfect! Thanks :)

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Quitting for a year fail.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Return to “Guides”