Knowing you're in the thieves guild

Moderator: Support Moderators

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Knowing you're in the thieves guild

Post by Mikel123 »

So I have a thief, and a couple times now I've been attacked on sight by some folks (to the point of murder).

I don't know why this would happen... I worked to raise my fame/karma up to a positive level, and I wasn't perma-grey because I hadn't even stolen anything yet. I can't imagine someone used Forensics on me, or that they tried the old "attempt to steal from a thief" thing to see if I was a thief or not. Am I missing something? Is there some other way people would have known I am unable to give counts as a thief?

gustopalis
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Knowing you're in the thieves guild

Post by gustopalis »

You've stolen from them or their alt at another time. They remember you. Happens to me a lot. Just makes it easier to rob them after they're grey to me :D

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Mikel123 wrote:So I have a thief, and a couple times now I've been attacked on sight by some folks (to the point of murder).

I don't know why this would happen... I worked to raise my fame/karma up to a positive level, and I wasn't perma-grey because I hadn't even stolen anything yet. I can't imagine someone used Forensics on me, or that they tried the old "attempt to steal from a thief" thing to see if I was a thief or not. Am I missing something? Is there some other way people would have known I am unable to give counts as a thief?
just create another character with th same name as your Thief... that way you keep them guessing

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you leave town wear a disguise...dress in light armor, do whatever it takes. A robe works good it doesnt reveal that you may not be wearing armor. Just do gloves and helm.

Play like you are new. Don't ask for Gold. :lol:

Ask someone to take you in a dungeon hit them and tell them its an accident.

That way you are grey, make sure they heal you so they are grey. If you all keep healing each other you will all stay grey for some time.

So if you steal from them in a middle of a battle, while you force them to read what you are saying...they might just miss the message you tried to steal from them and failed.

They may think the only reason why you are grey is because you accidentally double clicked on them in the fight. Then again they may be checking their journals hardcore.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”