Radom lag spikes

z3ppy

Radom lag spikes

Post by z3ppy »

Ok, just started here and i noticed that there were some lag issues so i pingd the server and got a AV. of 54-60ms not to bad... but then at random i get theses 2k ms spikes... im on a 6mb connection with a quad 4 amd desktop any one have ideas on how to fix this because i will lag for 1-2 sec.s lil annoying when your running away

z3ppy

Re: Radom lag spikes

Post by z3ppy »

No ideas? it seems to be just me lagg'n and not server because the monsters are moven but im not!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for the post and sorry for the delayed response.
The one thing that's i've heard to cause issues like this in local wireless LAN, I'm not sure why it does this, but is your PC hardwired or wireless?

Also, MTU settings may help. See the last post in this thread: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 8&start=15
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

z3ppy

Post by z3ppy »

tried all of those, but no luck i have read all the posts on here had the pc hard wired no change...

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Watch out for radon spikes!

z3ppy

Post by z3ppy »

Ok! problem fix'd!! All i needed was a Big hammer!

But seriously after talking to gm Gm's (they are awesome i might add) we tested eveything they could thing of, So today i spent a few hours looking into it my self and what i found was in CMD.exe i can ping-t uosecondage.com and get that 2-3k lag spike so next step was to ping some other servers and ALL of them had that spike, now no major server (google ect.) would allow something like that on their end. only thing that was left was drivers for my wireless card. So i reinstall'd the OEM drivers. then did a windows update for it "poof" same issues. so back to OEM Drivers w\o windows update. now ping the UO server for 54ms like before but max lag spike was 154ms!!

Thank you Gm's for all the help!!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

After the last few patches had been implemented the shard has been suffering from seizures until it all settles in a few days later. It could be coincedence. I am guessing it will clear up soon though.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

z3ppy wrote:Ok! problem fix'd!! All i needed was a Big hammer!
Awesome! Thanks for the update.

archaicsubrosa77 wrote: the shard has been suffering from seizures until it all settles in a few days later.
I'm a little out of the loop on shard problems unless people let me know, or post in forums. I've been moving over the last few days, and haven't had Internet service at home, but it should be back tonight.
I do know we've had a crash this week which was tournament related, but I've not heard of a lag report that was global for some time now. If there are global lag issues, don't be afraid to contact me, or post in Server support. Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."