a traveler from the east...

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
nysilly

a traveler from the east...

Post by nysilly »

Born in a distant land far east of Britannia, Shikyaku Renshu was a rice farmer. He has finally come of age to learn the ways of an assassin. Training is intense: close combat training, stealthy movement and knowledge of deadly poisons. For 12 months he has learned beginner knowledge of each subject. Unfortunately, Shikyaku must give up his dream of learning the hidden secrets of his land due to greed in corruption of his people, the land is in a great turmoil. A civil war is on the brink. There has been fables of great warriors in the west, but it is forbidden to travel there because of the sorcery practiced. Magic is forbidden! Let's take a journey with Mr. Renshu and see what he does....

15th day of September

The war is getting closer to my farm. I can smell the ash of burning hay huts and the river is now covered in a burgundy mist. A few of the neighboring farmers have made makeshift boats from the leaves and hemp. There's a boat nearby, but it is terribly worn. I grow afraid by the moment....We make our escape by dawn.

16th day of September

The rooster doesn't crow this morning, he is now traveling food. 3 will ride on the boat with me. We have decided to head west although it is forbidden. Convincing them was hard but they believed my story. ( it will be harder for the enemy to follow if we split up) We weren't being chased, we were being driven out.

The sky glows the color of amber. There's a dead silence. I am anxious to leave but Riyuki must get his prized medallion. As he make it back to the boat, I realize I have left my lucky yellow shoes. The enemy is very close I must be quick...

17th day of September

Ive finally awaken it is nightfall. I cannot remember much. There's a huge gash on my head. Pieces of the boat is scared from flames and the blood of - I would only guess would be that of my traveling companions. I am terribly hungry and the rooster meat is gone.

18th day of September

My diary has dried, I can now continue to write. The boat is completely submerged under water. The shore is gritty. There's a road and some lights. Ahead is a bridge.

Theres a huge gathering of a crowd, some clashing of swords and shouting. Almost a chaotic order. Many ride horses. In my land this is for the privileged. This land is very strange. There's a sign nearby: Bank of Brittania.

I am terribly hungry and tired, maybe someone can help me.

I've met Roderick, he says he can help me. The food will be filling but disgusting. The gold will be few and hard to get. The stench is unbearable and my wounds will become infected. He remarks, " You don't start at the top in Britannia, you work your way out from the gutter".

We started in the sewer. 266 gold coins and a belly full of rodents. Roderick has taught me how to survive. My knife is now a weapon and an instrument. He knows something about the forbidden magic. I dare not ask about it. It is day break, the local inn has a vacancy.

19th day of September

I awakened after a good nights rest to discover a note wedged in between the door. Its a calling from the Dark Lord: "Meet at Church". ...Who else knows I am here? Will they be the cause of my expiration? Are they the farmers I left behind seeking revenge? Are the civil terrorist tracking me, if so, for what reasons. I'll stay in doors tonight, change my room number as well.

20th day of September

I walked to the pier to fish and ended up at the tavern. I met a thief there who shown me how to pick locks and blend with the shadows. He said when I can blend well with the shadows I need to learn to walk with the shadows. At dawn Im leaving town to discover what awaits...
Last edited by nysilly on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: a traveler from the east...

Post by JoshuaLee »

You should put this in tales of adventure and throw some screenshots in, then it would be more complete I think. I like where this is going fo sho
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389