Adding to Locked Down Stackable Pile

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Adding to Locked Down Stackable Pile

Post by Nystal »

Hey all,

Was it not possible in OSI T2A for anyone (not just Friend / Co-Owner etc) to add to a Locked down Pile in a house? (Gold, Wood, Ingots etc)? Currently we have to Release the stack, add to the Pile and Re-lock it down.

Having dug futily through the Patch Notes for OSI, I can't find any reference to this change being implemented but I know for a fact it worked just before I stopped playing shortly after the Launch of UO:R as we had our Guildies do much gathering / saving. Its also currently still in place on the "official" servers.

UNLESS the referenced Change was from the Infamous Clean Up Britannia Phase II patch notes in Nov 99, which has been stated already mutliple times will not be implemnted on this shard (in good reason too imo)
http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=1046

"You will be able to lock down stackable items (such as ingots and reagents). The house owner, friends and “co-owners” of the house will be able to use these items. When a locked down stackable item is used up, the lock down slot will automatically become available."

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Adding to Locked Down Stackable Pile

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I guess that means you can take from a stack if you have affiliation with the house and it will auto release that stack. It says nothing about adding to a stack.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Indeed, unless the "use" might refer to adding to it as well, but that doesnt account for non-friends being able to add to the piles as well.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

this was possible to do and is era accurate.

Odin

Post by Odin »

I have mentioned this one before and can only assume its on Derricks ever increasing to do list.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

I thought I'd drag up this old fossil of a post as I know things are still as I initially stated in the first post.
You (or anyone, not just friends or co-owners) can't add to a locked down stack.

As of 2012 on OSI, it was still possible for anyone to add to stacks which are locked down and most guilds still use it for their communal funds.

Now being a bit wiser and knowing how the resolution to the unsafeness of Towers etc was reached, I was wondering if somebody a bit more tech savvy than me can have a look at the demo code and see how it was back then? As I can't find a singular patch note where OSI stated it was now possible to add to locked down stacks.

This is a minor inconvenience of mine which I can certainly live without but Era accuracy is the aim :)

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

According to Kaivan and old patch notes, it shouldn't be possible to lock down stackable items at all during T2A. So no, what you're speaking of is not accurate.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47247&
Kaivan wrote:Also, it should be noted that despite what that newsgroup post said regarding ingots that were locked down, he likely meant that the ingots were out of reach. This is relevant because it was impossible to lock down stacked items before the housing patch in November of 1999. The relevant part of the patch note is as follows:
These changes, along with the ability to lock down stackable items...
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

An lol. Remove NEA function of locking down piles!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

If Era Accurate than indeed you both are right and the ability needs to be removed.
However, I would hate to see the change implemented based on something "implied" in patch notes. Surely hard evidence and not implication will be required.

*Edit: I suggest we allow this particular thread to die and allow the discussion to continue in the other. I shouldn't have re-bumped this as the other thread is discussing this in depth (I just hadn't noticed due to its topic title)