Era Accuracy: Player Vendors

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Era Accuracy: Player Vendors

Post by Wise »

I found these little bits of information today

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1998_Patch_Notes

4/13/98
You can no longer overload vendors. {I know currently you can put well over 400 stones on a vendor}
9/16/98
Vendors will now give a maximum of 50,000 each time you ask for their money. This solves the problem with stacks of gold getting "truncated" or "capped". {you can collect all your gold at once from a vendor}

I also found this

http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/vendor.shtml
A Vendors backpack has the same weight and item count restrictions as a regular backpack. (i.e. 400 stones / 125 items max.)

currently these limits dont apply to vendors on secondage,

I tried to to look through patch notes to see if this was ever changed or updated, and couldent find anything, has this been this way since day 1? or at least since the "vendors cant be overloaded" patch?

discuss
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Era Accuracy: Player Vendors

Post by Hoots »

There has to be something that changed somewhere... You could have what? 4 potion kegs on your vendor? No way that was accurate.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Wise wrote:9/16/98
Vendors will now give a maximum of 50,000 each time you ask for their money. This solves the problem with stacks of gold getting "truncated" or "capped". {you can collect all your gold at once from a vendor}
i'm fairly certain that gold pile bug was fixed at some point in-era, just not sure 100%. either way currently gold stacks do not go over 60K and new stacks are created automatically instead of lost.. so......

as for the other items, i certainly wouldn't like to see those changes. heh.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

let's give Wise the proper initiation to this board:

uhhhh ya it may be inaccurate but that's inconvenient, i vote NO!1

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

I also belive that vendors were not abled to be customised in the era, still looking for information, as far as the items/stones I have no experience with vendors in the era, so I am not sure how they work, this is just the information i found today, any help in finding some information to bust or validate what I am posting is welcomed :)
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Hemperor wrote:let's give Wise the proper initiation to this board:

ahh, No: i could care less about running a vendor here.

I know had more than a handful of kegs on my OSI vendor...and i know i didnt have 6 vendors each selling a couple of each keg. Im just using kegs as a common sense point about the weight limit.

Does anyone ever remember alchy vendors with 4 kegs (max) on them???

If vendors had weight limits they must have been removed when kegs came in or our keg weights are off.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Hoots wrote:
Hemperor wrote:let's give Wise the proper initiation to this board:

ahh, No: i could care less about running a vendor here.

I know had more than a handful of kegs on my OSI vendor...and i know i didnt have 6 vendors each selling a couple of each keg. Im just using kegs as a common sense point about the weight limit.

Does anyone ever remember alchy vendors with 4 kegs (max) on them???

If vendors had weight limits they must have been removed when kegs came in or our keg weights are off.
I don't remember having any issues selling multiple kegs on my vendors.

In fact, I would have a few full sets on them.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Why would a NPC townie Merchant be able to hold 999 of each and every item but a player ran vendor could not?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Teg

Post by Teg »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Why would a NPC townie Merchant be able to hold 999 of each and every item but a player ran vendor could not?
Why would a dragon be able to get several hundred str but a player could not?

Welcome to a game. The rules are arbitrary. Deal.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Wise wrote:I also belive that vendors were not abled to be customised in the era, still looking for information, as far as the items/stones I have no experience with vendors in the era, so I am not sure how they work, this is just the information i found today, any help in finding some information to bust or validate what I am posting is welcomed :)

I never saw a custom vendor on OSI till ren.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Right when kegs were introduced, kegs would get a drastic weight cut when they went from 99 potions to 100 (ie full). I think this might be the issue here.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

There should be no customization at all. What we have right now (as for customization) wasn't present till AOS. During UO:R you could customize vendors using a really annoying ugly ass gump.

I suggest resetting all vendors to normal status, have the items they are currently wearing sent to the owner's bank (since some people have vendors wearing .. interesting outfits)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

RoadKill wrote:There should be no customization at all. What we have right now (as for customization) wasn't present till AOS. During UO:R you could customize vendors using a really annoying ugly ass gump.

I suggest resetting all vendors to normal status, have the items they are currently wearing sent to the owner's bank (since some people have vendors wearing .. interesting outfits)
!!

I actually remember that lame-ass gump!
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Except WHO CARES about vendor customization. It doesnt affect game play or game mechanics. This would just be another ridiculous "era accuracy" change. Not EVERYTHING has to be era accurate, ESPECIALLY if it doesnt directly go towards game mechanics.

Having vendors customized doesnt change the game one way or the other, but it makes organized vendor shops look more presentable. that doesnt affect anything.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Dagon wrote:Except WHO CARES about vendor customization.

Why try to be Era Accurate then leave major things like this out?

Vendors were not customized till well into UOR and were never customized by dressing them with items. Why have the current system that literally was never on OSI?