Weapon damage inaccuracy?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
virtue

Weapon damage inaccuracy?

Post by virtue »

I believe weapon damage needs to be consistanly better than it is right now with GM swords.

I don't ever recall having to hit an eagle twice or a mongbat twice to kill it. at gm swords with a hally.

Something is up with weapon damage, I belive we need to raise the numbers.

I just attacked a headless one and it took 2 hits with a hally lol.

Sentinel

Re: Weapon damage inaccuracy?

Post by Sentinel »

Weapon damage was never set. It varies depending on natural AR and your dice rolls. The Halberd's definitely working fine because I've been reduced to 50 HP in two hits before.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

halberds have a huge damage range. This is normal.

virtue

Post by virtue »

Lol mongbats never take 2 hits to kill.

Something is inaccurate, whether it be Mongbat's armor/hp or weapon damage.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Is that on every weapon, meaning was your blade worn? Was it used on a strong mongbat or does it take two hits for every mongbat?

It is after Halloween, maybe they have been empowered by daemons :shock:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Faust

Post by Faust »

virtue wrote:Lol mongbats never take 2 hits to kill.

Something is inaccurate, whether it be Mongbat's armor/hp or weapon damage.
There are regular mongbats and than there are "strong mongbats" in game... Both existed during the t2a era and the strong could always withstand multiple weapon hits from a standard tank mage.
UO Stratics 1999 - http://web.archive.org/web/19990218101505/uo.stratics.com/hunters/ wrote:I wonder what it feels like to be the weakest monster in existance? I've seen these guys attack rabbits and die, not a wonderful existance. There are, however, two types of Mongbats. One kind is very weak and can often be killed in one hit. The other kind is exactly like the first, but can take much more damage (usually 3 or 4 hits) before dying, whoopie doo.
The weapon table we use is accurate and feel free to look at it inside of the Guides section of the forums.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Indeed the demo code refers to "mongbat" and "easy mongbat" as critters.

"mongbat" has a HP range of 56 to 80, an average of 68.
"easy mongbat" has a HP range of 4 to 8, with an average of 6.

Of course, they both have the same actual name and pic so you can't really tell them apart until you start swinging.