Equipping while casting

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
FishinPro

Re: Equipping while casting

Post by FishinPro »

Faust wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:It was probably left on THIS particular (2.5 second hallys....seriously) version because everyone enjoys this Free-server style pvp.
Are we going to go down this route again?

Facts

Halberd Delay Standard Tank Mage: 20 ticks (5.0 seconds)

Where are these 'facts' coming from?? I remember the cycle being 4 seconds so where do you get 5 from?? Please dont list things as 'facts' with no proof, it just makes you look like a moron.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

12/27/99:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... BzE6HhCywJ
Mage duels are already dull as hell. But ... this just really nukes
the pre-cast flamestrike, smack with DP-katana down to 40's, and
release strategy. People using explode/flamestrike/halberd bullshit
just have to switch the order so the halberd comes last. Damn halberd
shouldn't swing as soon as it's equipped anyway. That should be nerfed
-or- at least bow re-arm should be unnerfed.
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

6/30/99:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... 3CMLdXLPkJ

I'd go with swords. You can use a DP katana for finishing someone off,
and you can pre-cast explosion, hit someone with a halberd, and
release the explosion, and then ebolt for mega-damage.

Also, I hear people say UOA was illegal during the era...From the same post, just scroll up a little...

Wrestling does minimal damage. Now that UOA is legal, just auto arm a
katana or kryss when you have to do melee fighting

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... oz41pkXpoJ
> UOA, a third party program that has the OSI stamp of approval. And
>soon you'll be able to do it without any additional programs using the
>arm/disarm feature the dev team is currently implementing.
Last edited by FishinPro on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

9/22/99:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... vjk6Y26VMJ
That is what a halberd does, except I think I halberd goes off every 4
seconds while a heavy xbow is ~5 seconds.
They also juiced the halberd in that it 'cocks' and goes off as soon as you
get in range. This eliminated a large portion of the advantage an archer
had.

4 seconds and hits immediatley...

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Heavy Xbow @ ~5s? Maybe that guy's stopwatch was off. I'm fairly certain it has never been that fast.

Also, I'm fairly certain not all of your quotes/excerpts fall within the target date.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

For what its worth, Usenet posts aren't always the most reliable. Lots of people have no clue what they're talking about. Even Stratics had a terrible PvP essay for mages. There are people on UOSA who think using katanas in PvP is a good idea.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

FishinPro wrote: Where are these 'facts' coming from?? I remember the cycle being 4 seconds so where do you get 5 from?? Please dont list things as 'facts' with no proof, it just makes you look like a moron.
Well son of a son.

Are you really suggesting that I am a moron when you can't even get simple concepts straight before trying to bash a so called "moron"? How about we bring you up to speed on a few things before you start running your mouth towards other people about similar concepts too?
  • Halberd Speed: 25
  • Combat Delay in Seconds: 15000 / ((100 + Stamina) * Weapon Speed)
  • Combat Delay in Ticks = 60000 / ((100 + Stamina) * Weapon Speed)
  • Tick/Pulse = 0.25 seconds
  • Do you have the capacity to do math? If not see the next bullet below!
  • Halberd Delay(standard tank) = 60000 / ((100 + 25) * 25) = 19 Ticks = 4.75 seconds
  • Original OSI/EA Combat Delay Algorithm:

default: if (SwingCounter > SwingDuration)
    {
    SwingCounter = 0;
    NewState = 3;
    }

The original combat timer algorithm would reset after tick 19(standard hally tank mage) ON the 20th tick making it FIVE SECONDS long.
  • The term "cycle" is a phrase used here that represents a mechanic to circumvent your current combat delay by utilizing the wrestling timer for manipulation that ultimately allows you to swing a slower weapon such as a halberd in the same amount time it takes you to swing your fists.
  • Wrestling Speed = 50 "confirmed by Kaivan"
  • Tip of the Day: Would highly suggest getting a few facts on the people you try to argue era accuracy with, especially when attempting to bash that person. Good rule of thumb. Don't argue era accuracy concepts with Kaivan or me because you will more than likely be dead wrong 99.9% of the time.
  • :wink:

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

You'll have to excuse FishinPro. His name makes it clear what he is good at. There is little else, son. ;)

Also, it's "Kaivan or I" Faust, for Pete's sake GET THAT SHIT RIGHT! :P
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Faust

Post by Faust »

Darn you grammatron son. :wink:

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

It's the only thing I'm half good at!!! :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Blaise wrote:It's the only thing I'm half good at!!! :)
That's not true!

Faust

Post by Faust »

Still never explained it Matron... :wink:

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Faust wrote: [*]Tip of the Day: Would highly suggest getting a few facts on the people you try to argue era accuracy with, especially when attempting to bash that person. Good rule of thumb. Don't argue era accuracy concepts with Kaivan or me because you will more than likely be dead wrong 99.9% of the time.
[*] :wink: [/list]

First off, gathering information from the UOSA website and stating it as 'fact' makes my statement for you true...

Second, saying that you have the 'Original OSI/EA Combat Delay Algorithm' is BS. Did you work for OSI? How did you obtain this algorithm? You pull it from that EARLY 1998 'demo'?? Ya, because they didnt change combat functions not ONE bit between early 1998 and Nov 1999......

Lastly, why dont you take that 'demo' CD you have and see if it fits down your throat, it will be of more use to us that way... :wink:

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Faust

Post by Faust »

Gathering information from the UOSA web site that was gathered from other web sites such as the '99 Stratics makes it an unrealiable source... my bad, lol.

Secondly, there is no point in arguing programming schematics to soneone that clearly does not understand it... forgot the demo is not a realiable source despite many of the formulas and akgorithms that are present in the demo matches several from the '99 stratics web site.

Simply wasting my time discussing these concepts with someone that refuses to educate themselves on the subject matter.

FishinPro is right and knows that everything researched at UOSA in the past four years is wrong by applying anecdotal sources from 10 year old discussions from past players.

Ultimately going to discuss it anyway, right... not like you will take the time to analyze the obvious that is right in front of your eyes though.
  • "all follow me" bug - removed post t2a exists in the UO Demo
  • Bug that caused a double check on spell interruption that made it appear that all disruptions was guarentee found in the demo.
  • Demo's weapon stats - speed, damage, weight, etc... all matched perfectly with the weapon stats listed on the '98 stratics site.
  • Functions in the combat timer that exists in the demo code matching post t2a combat mechanical fixes like swings advancing when not in range or the 2001 fix that finally came allowing you to no longer be able to dodge arrows by running out of range.
  • etc... list could go on for quite awhile.
The demo is simply a foundation for building era accurate features. You can not build a replication without a foundation without guessing. Reverse engineering in the manner that it takes for such a developmental process takes research and evidence that starts from the foundation of HOW it was and to take that code and build it BASED on the facts presented. Did features with the combat timer change? That is a very stuipd question since it's undoubtfully has changed from mid 1998 to November 1999. However, the foundation DID not change and only the structure itself changes over time. This is clear from post t2a patches that utilizes same features after the era we are replicating.

Implementing the few changes that took place from right just before t2a into the current combat timer isn't that hard for someone that obviously understands the schematic that surround programming. The combat timer changed very little but the structure of the way it handled swings slightly did via insta hit, prep time, etc... However, we both know you will not take the time or effort to educate yourself on the matter.

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Faust wrote: FishinPro is right and knows that everything researched at UOSA in the past four years is wrong by applying anecdotal sources from 10 year old discussions from past players.

Say what you want about the forum posts, but that is the most accurate REAL information you are ever going to find about this game, as it was in 1999...

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!