Spells in Town

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Spells in Town

Post by Mikel123 »

http://www.tamingarchive.com/updates/010109.php
The following spells can no longer be cast inside of guard protection: Wall of Stone, Poison Field, Mass Curse, Paralyzation Field, Chain Lightning, Energy Field, Meteor Storm, Earth Quake, Blade Spirits, and Energy Vortex. This is a good thing, as it will prevent players from trying to harm pets while inside guard protection.
Implies to me that they could be cast in town prior to 1/9/2001, right?

corr]

Re: Spells in Town

Post by corr] »

I know that you could cast those field spells in early factions. The question is whether you could cast them before the introduction of factions. I can't say for sure whether those spells were already allowed or not when factions/uor was introduced.

If i had to guess I would say that you could.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

There were some screenshots depicting poison field being cast in era within town limits which had everything to do with the debate over whether or not status bars turned green whilst poisoned.

Unless it was Bucc's of course, it was a while ago.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

Even if you could cast these spells in town, would you not get guard-whacked if someone ran into your poison field and cried for the guards?

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

I remember being able to cast wall of stone in town back in t2a. I remember this because I used to block the wbb doors fairly often, just because I could.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Yeah, you were able to cast these spells in town.
Hence, Lord British dieing to a poison field near Lord Blackthorns castle.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Pretty sure the only spell that didn't work was fire field after it was removed in early '99.

The only way to effectively cast fire field into town was by casting from the outside targeting inside past the guard line boundary.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Yes, you would die due to guard-whacking if you put up a poison field and someone got hurt and you were caught in-town.

I, too, remember casting Wall of Stone at the WBB bank (and having it cast on me). Wall of Stone is probably the most under-used spell in this game :-)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Field spells do work if you cast outside of town then target within the guardzone...as long as you are far from npcs and no one calls guards you can cast and live. Otherwise you can still cast but die the death!!
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.