Best way to train archery?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Zane

Best way to train archery?

Post by Zane »

The old hit the hired fighter just simply does not work because I do too much damage too fast.

So what's the best way to train archery so I'm not killing my dummy?

(Other then adventuring... I do that too... I want to macro also until I get to the 90s).

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Best way to train archery?

Post by Caswallon »

Its on the wiki:

* Blade Spirits - requires a house and a mage to cast BS into the a cornor of the house that has been boxed off. thus simply record a macro to cast a blade spirit in this corner after the duration of a blade spirit and on your archer set a target macro running. dont forget to have scavenger running also to save those fallen arrows.

* Order Guard - This method is similar to above but requires a healer instead of a mage; thus simply box the order guard in your house and fire away! The Order Guard will heal him/herself.
?

Pegleg Malone

Post by Pegleg Malone »

I use the Blade Spirits method. It takes 5-6k arrows plus BS regs. I've never counted how many of each reg I used but I'd start with 2k of each. I have the mage cast a BS every 30-40 seconds (I don't remember exactly). The idea is to always have a BS up. I also have a macro looping on the archer that attacks the BS so I don't have to rely on auto attack. It is possible to GM overnight if you don't run out of supplies.

Zane

Post by Zane »

I forgot about that... thanks.

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

I learned archery on my fisherman, mostly from my boat. Some of it was shooting at sea serpents and water elementals that I'd bump into, or fish up. But a large portion was simply shooting at things on land from my boat.
The Cove orc fort is a good place to do this, as I'm sure there are other heavy spawn locations near the shore.. Perhaps some of the serpent infested islands?

I also recall placing boxes around myself at the Trinsic zombie spawn, and shooting at them for several hours, to raise at lower levels (I was getting killed by stupid sea serpents and needed to work on my defenses). I also made the mistake of neglecting the Anatomy skill. So I macro-ed that up to GM, and then I could finally hold my own in deep-sea battles. :lol:

The blade spirits method sounds cool, and you probably don't go through as many arrows.. But if you lumberjack and fletch as well, then that gives you an opportunity to raise those skills.

Return to “Guides”