Guide: Townkilling AFK Macroers

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Merk

Re: Guide: Townkilling AFK Macroers

Post by Merk »

Hahah, Joshua has been killing my chars in town these last few nights. Luckily enough I'm using a restock agent, so nothing lost.

I think it's funny to find this guide after these last few mornings getting up and clenching my fist. "DAMN YOU JOSHUA LEE!"

I just started on the shard, Josh, just trying to get combat ready. :<

PS: I've edited my macros so my chars are constantly wailing "guards" throughout the course of my macro.

So.. hope you enjoy the added difficulty.
Characters : Merk
Bonkard

benny-

Post by benny- »

dexter4321 wrote:Mack shadowed me earlier and I taught him how it's done. If anyone would like to shadow me and learn how a pro does it, just hit me up. We must put an end to afk macroing in towns.
The fact is, you've taken the stance that you support afk macroing on SA...I'm sure you afk'd your chars...so what, you think afk macroing should be legal here but anyone who does it at a bank should die? How does that make any sense?

In the end, all you're doing is punishing new players...you macro'd your own chars, now you're going to grief any new player who tries to work their own...think about it: the only ones who macro in town regularly are those new to the shard (as they're the only ones without houses). In the end all you're doing is helping to chase off new players, and gloating over killing people (even if they are afk...) Stop acting as if your doing something noble or have any cause on this server, what you're doing is simply idiotic.
- Elisud

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

benny- wrote:
dexter4321 wrote:Mack shadowed me earlier and I taught him how it's done. If anyone would like to shadow me and learn how a pro does it, just hit me up. We must put an end to afk macroing in towns.
The fact is, you've taken the stance that you support afk macroing on SA...I'm sure you afk'd your chars...so what, you think afk macroing should be legal here but anyone who does it at a bank should die? How does that make any sense?

In the end, all you're doing is punishing new players...you macro'd your own chars, now you're going to grief any new player who tries to work their own...think about it: the only ones who macro in town regularly are those new to the shard (as they're the only ones without houses). In the end all you're doing is helping to chase off new players, and gloating over killing people (even if they are afk...) Stop acting as if your doing something noble or have any cause on this server, what you're doing is simply idiotic.
257.JPG
257.JPG (11.96 KiB) Viewed 1754 times

benny-

Post by benny- »

Right...you were able to kill me when I was afking evalint....what exactly does that prove? In the end, you're trying to play this off as some noble cause or the like but really all you're doing is griefing and chasing off new players.

Even more sad that you save and keep screens of the various players you afk killed, as if its some trophy or something to show off. Im thinking the only reason you boast so much about this is its the only way you can grief people, when they're newbs and afk...defenseless...this makes you a "pro"? So sad...
- Elisud

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

benny- wrote:Right...you were able to kill me when I was afking evalint....what exactly does that prove? In the end, you're trying to play this off as some noble cause or the like but really all you're doing is griefing and chasing off new players.

Even more sad that you save and keep screens of the various players you afk killed, as if its some trophy or something to show off. Im thinking the only reason you boast so much about this is its the only way you can grief people, when they're newbs and afk...defenseless...this makes you a "pro"? So sad...
You are in

heimdallr
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by heimdallr »

Alright, he's killed me twice- once when my client crashed and I decided to just go to bed. Again when I went to make world war 3 in the bathroom. ---- No macroing at all.

I don't care about being killed, or losing the little shit I had. But don't talk about being on a mission from god. Your simply a cock. Just a cock. A good portion of the people you kill are simply AFK. What moral justification could you possibly have against being AFK other than you are a cock?

Just leave it at you like to kill people while afk for whatever reasons-- you suck at pvp, you can't tolerate even a shadow of a reflection of human interaction, its profitable, its enjoyable.

Nothing more.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

for loop 1-10
if sys message "attacking"
pause one second
say "Guards !!"
End if
if sys message "steal"
pause one second
say "Guards !!"
End if
else
pause one second
end for

this should keep people from spamming guards for no reason if you put this in your macro as it safe guards you for the entire 10 second wait for skill refresh. It will hinder most Townkillers, though gated bombers are a bit more tricky to catch.

This way you will only call out guards if you see someone attacking or trying to steal something rather then all the time which annoys people.

Also you can call guards as a ghost. If you are semi afk and were town killed you can follow the TK around and say "guards" everytime he attempts to kill someone.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

you could also just use:

If HP <= (max HP -1)
say: Guards
wait for HP >= (max HP)
end if

Krats

Post by Krats »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:for loop 1-10
if sys message "attacking"
pause one second
say "Guards !!"
End if
if sys message "steal"
pause one second
say "Guards !!"
End if
else
pause one second
end for

this should keep people from spamming guards for no reason if you put this in your macro as it safe guards you for the entire 10 second wait for skill refresh. It will hinder most Townkillers, though gated bombers are a bit more tricky to catch.

This way you will only call out guards if you see someone attacking or trying to steal something rather then all the time which annoys people.

Also you can call guards as a ghost. If you are semi afk and were town killed you can follow the TK around and say "guards" everytime he attempts to kill someone.
if sys message "attacking you"
pause one second
say "Guards !!"
End if

otherwise if its a potbomb you could potentially spam guard depending on how crowded the bank it ~_~
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Artulk

Post by Artulk »

Oh, Ive been town killed before. Several times. The key is to not have anything in your possesion your not willing to lose. What I hate losing the most is my 700g horse.

Afk macroing in town is allowed, no reason to get all worked up over it and start a crusade against it. It is fun tho, its a challenge and challenges can be entertaining. And thats why we play, entertainment.
Killing toons afk in town is allowed, no reason to get all worked up over it and start dragging people through the mud for doing it. You can afk macro elsewhere.
I enjoy the challeng of succesfully finding a place to afk macro all day. And when I wake up in teh morning, I say haha , I win. And when I get home from work and ive been dead 7 hrs, I say haha I win. 1 hr of gains you cant take away from me. Still a success, always more accomplished then logging out.
But don't delude yourself, you are not doing the shard a favor. Town macroers are developing toons, something vets have already done, or do from there house, who cares. The point is you run off a potential pvmer you can pk or a delay the entry of a pvper into the field of battle, Which is what im assuming your waiting for.
Those of you that never get killed in town afk cause you recall to your house, well her is your 'attaboy', "ATTABOY!"
Those of you that gained all your skills manually never using a macro, well thats a personal goal, you can pat yourself on the back without having to post your achievement here. I mean really? do you need the positive reinforcement of people on this forum?
Griefing is a great aspect of this game. Id rather come home from a crappy day and go take out my agression on some noob ( noob defined as any toon not haveing as much knowledge about what is about to happen as you) Then beat my ole lady or children, not as satisfying mind you LMAO, but better for everyone involved. ':-) just kidding, I don't beat my children, they're both hers.
Anyway, its the nature of UO. I had some guy flag grey in town, I attacked him and got GWed for my efforts, I was the noob in that situation. As soon as I get a chance to do it to someone else, you know Im gonna, and you would to.
The other day I catch a would be bard afk macroing at a farm, every hr or so I would port over there and drag an aggressive mob to him and teleport to the other side of the fennce. and then I feel guilty for feeling a wee bit of satisfaction working this guy over all day. I coulda outright killed him, but more fun to have a mob do it. and im gone when he gets back and resets so he has no idea its not a random event. till now anyway. fun fun