Animal Lore - Era Accuracy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Radagar

Animal Lore - Era Accuracy

Post by Radagar »

Greetings Everyone!

Finally, I've found my old UO again. I've been to many player shards, but this one just seems 'right'. I love it, good work everyone.

I did notice one thing that I don't believe is correct regarding animal lore.

When you use Animal Lore on an animal in UOSA that is already tamed by someone else, it gives you info about the animal and tells you if it's hungry or not, but it doesn't tell you if it's about to go wild.

What I remember back in T2A is being able to lore those animals left around and getting a message if they were about to go wild or not.

Since i'm new around here, I don't have the resources to prove exactly how it worked back then. I searched for my UO manual but couldn't find it. I found my UO:R CD.. my Ultima: Ascension CD. My original UO install guide, UO:AoS, but no manual. :lol:

Does anyone else remember this skill working differently?

Safe Travels,

Radagar - Wolfbrother of the United Tamers of Britannia, Catskills Shard OSI

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Animal Lore - Era Accuracy

Post by chumbucket »

Hi again.

Just a reminder: Watch our for BD. They are the biggest pack of thieves, house looters, and scammers on the shard.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

Yea.. BD stole my castle :(

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

in the demo animal lore will return an entire paragraph on what the creature eats, it's shelter etc. and then after it says it's state (happy etc.)

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Radagar

Post by Radagar »

Hemperor wrote:in the demo animal lore will return an entire paragraph on what the creature eats, it's shelter etc. and then after it says it's state (happy etc.)
Exactly.

That's how it works. It works correctly on 'your' pets in UOSA. But if you Lore someone else's pet, you get the paragraph of info, but you do NOT get the happiness state. You can't tell how happy tamed pets left around town are. I know you could do this with the original T2A/UO.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Radagar wrote:
Hemperor wrote:in the demo animal lore will return an entire paragraph on what the creature eats, it's shelter etc. and then after it says it's state (happy etc.)
Exactly.

That's how it works. It works correctly on 'your' pets in UOSA. But if you Lore someone else's pet, you get the paragraph of info, but you do NOT get the happiness state. You can't tell how happy tamed pets left around town are. I know you could do this with the original T2A/UO.
I see, we'll get this fixed. i'm with ya now.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Radagar

Post by Radagar »

Awesome.