Trading Forums

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Trading Forums

Post by Bigoud »

We should do subfolders in the trading forums :

Housing
Rares
Weapons
Ressources
Others

It would be much better, and it's not hard to do
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Trading Forums

Post by Batlin »

Agreed.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

There isn't as many trading posts as there is, would just complicate things. It's fine the way it is you can just see everything with one simple click and usually not even have to scroll down a page.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

honestly, i do use those A LOT

and it would so much better if we could work on it a bit and increase the quality of our trading system here.

i wish i was good enough to develop a web site as uo-trades.com used to be.

but already dividing all categories would help a lot.

there would therefore be MORE threads. trust me.
its a mess here
Yew Bank Mall

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

I never really need to scroll more than a page down when I look at the trading post. And sometimes I don't even look at it for a couple days. What I am saying is why fix something that isn't even broken? You say it will clean things up but there's nothing to be cleaned. Would just be a hassle to click each different category to see whats there. Like I said before why do that when I can simply click one link and see all the deals going on in one page? Are you like a maid in real life or something Bigoud? Does everything need to be in perfect order for you?

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

dexter4321 wrote:I never really need to scroll more than a page down when I look at the trading post. And sometimes I don't even look at it for a couple days. What I am saying is why fix something that isn't even broken? You say it will clean things up but there's nothing to be cleaned. Would just be a hassle to click each different category to see whats there. Like I said before why do that when I can simply click one link and see all the deals going on in one page? Are you like a maid in real life or something Bigoud? Does everything need to be in perfect order for you?
This isn't going to affect the first page, so why argue against it? The trading forums are already divided into four subforums, and every thread from those subforums is shown on the main first page of the forum. Why not fracture it more but leave it so every thread shows up on the first page?
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

Pristiq wrote:
dexter4321 wrote:I never really need to scroll more than a page down when I look at the trading post. And sometimes I don't even look at it for a couple days. What I am saying is why fix something that isn't even broken? You say it will clean things up but there's nothing to be cleaned. Would just be a hassle to click each different category to see whats there. Like I said before why do that when I can simply click one link and see all the deals going on in one page? Are you like a maid in real life or something Bigoud? Does everything need to be in perfect order for you?
This isn't going to affect the first page, so why argue against it? The trading forums are already divided into four subforums, and every thread from those subforums is shown on the main first page of the forum. Why not fracture it more but leave it so every thread shows up on the first page?
Yeah I mean I guess I wouldn't have a problem with that as long as there is that main page to see all the buying and selling threads at once.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

ok good

i would really appreciate to never have to see the weapons related stuff for instance... :)

derrick ?
could you do this ?
Yew Bank Mall

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Bigoud wrote:ok good

i would really appreciate to never have to see the weapons related stuff for instance... :)

derrick ?
could you do this ?
I can do this. The real problem is breaking out all the existing posts into the new categories. For now I'll just create the new areas.

Is your original list the final list, or should we discuss some more?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I'd add one for Player Craftables, for everything from scrolls to runebooks to tables to beds to gm weapons to potion kegs, etc.

One question: how does this interact with the existing Buying and Selling forums?

If I am selling a house, do I put it in the Selling or the Housing forum?

What if I only want to look at what people are Selling? Or Weapons being bought or sold?

I don't think we can please everyone here; the categories would be mutually exclusive from the Buying/Selling designation.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

I think the way it should work is just how the buying/selling threads work. I mean if you make a buying thread, it's gonna show up in the trading post general page. The general trading post page doesn't show price check or player run vendors, just buying and selling threads. So I think it should be similar. If you make a thread in say housing, it should still show up in the trading post general page as a regular selling or buying thread. So they can all just be just like buying or selling just more specified if you want to look for specific things only. Price check and player run vendors should still act alone.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

Derrick,

I think that when we make a new thread in the trading forums, we should be able to choose :

First menu :

- Buying
- Selling
- Price Check

Second menu:

- Housing
- Magic Items/Weps
- Rares
- Ressources
- Others

those choices would be preselected and you would HAVE to pick up one. this would auto sort all posts. People would then have choice to browse the forums by Selling/buying/price check as of now, or by housing, rares... and you will see in the future which one get the more clicks.... :)

easy as that, but everything would be much more organised.
Yew Bank Mall

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

I think the tag icon, instead of being a smilie face or some notification should include an icon for Buying and one for Selling

No reason to have separate buy/sell forums. Having separate forums for types is okay. Weapons/Armor, Housing, Other.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

So maybe it would look like this?
tradingpost.jpg
tradingpost.jpg (41.2 KiB) Viewed 1036 times

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

I was thinking something more along these lines:

The main Trading Post topic would hold all non-specific threads, like price checks and questions.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2054nlh.jpg

An Auction tag could also be created here to facilitate auction threads. This would also easily remove the need for people to post BUYING, SELLING, or AUCTION in every thread topic.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2hnrswl.jpg