Tribal Guild Recruiting!

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Tribal Guild Recruiting!

Post by Daolin »

UOSA Tribe

The tribe is a communal group of members that have taken an oath to turn their back on some of the values of Britannian citizens. New members are challenged to leave the comforts of town with their dagger and bedroll, and forge themselves anew and stronger as tribal members. The tribe in return will offer you brotherhood and a path towards the brave. Reply if interested or visit us in our IRC channel #tribe.

Tribal Ruleset
Skills and Stats
  • Skills that are not allowed: evaluating int., inscription, and meditation.
  • All other skills allowed, but exceptions to gains. By macro, I am referring to full automation.
    • Can not be macro'd: Combat skills, healing, veterinary, taming, mining, lumberjacking, fishing, provocation, peacemaking, resist spells,
    • Can be attended macro'd: All trade skills, stealing, snooping, lockpicking, and making yarn, cloth, or bandaids.
    • Can be unattended macro'd: anatomy, animal Lore, arms Lore, hiding, musicianship, stealth, tracking,
  • Training from NPCs is allowed.
  • Magery is allowed only up to 30 skill for trapping pouches only. A tribe member must gain permission from the war chief first for this.
  • Stats must be raised naturally only. Raising skills just for stats or seesawing skills is prohibited. Choose your starting stats carefully.
Trade and Interaction
  • Barter system is the only form of trade between members and non-tribal people. The barter system involves trading resources or crafted goods, not gold.
  • The looting of and use of gold is not allowed. It is a weak, shiny metal to us and no more.
  • Gold, resources, and any help from your alts is not allowed.
Equipment
  • Mounts are allowed and encouraged. (Need at least 30 taming)
  • Metal armor is not allowed; Bone, leather, and studded leather only.
  • Metal shields are not allowed; Wooden shield, and wooden kite only.
  • All weapons are allowed.
  • Equipment can be found as loot, found on the ground, made by tribal members, or bartered from other players. Not bought from NPCs.
Structure
  • Tribesman/woman: Normal status member in the tribe.
  • Brave:
    • 1x GM Combat
    • 1 human player head
    • Maintains active participation in events
  • Warrior:
    • 2x GM Combat tribesman
    • 3 human player heads
  • Eagle Warrior:
    • 4x+ GM Combat tribesman
    • 5 heads of human players
    • Owns their own hut
  • Jaguar Warrior:
    • 4x+ GM Combat tribesman
    • 20 heads of human players
    • Owns their own hut
    • Maintains murderer status
  • Medicine Man:
    • 90+ Healing
    • 90+ Tradeskill
    • Owns their own hut
    • Aids war chief in planning and running events
  • War Chief: Tribal leader
  • It is not required for members to become murderers. It is encouraged for members to move up in ranks though.
Activities
  • Ceremonies: These can be for new members and changes in titles.
  • Hunting Party: Group together to hunt in a particular area. I would favor the lost land areas and avoid most dungeons. Hunters for resources, not gold.
  • War Party: Group together to gather human heads.
Roster

Forum name (IRC name)
Character Name
--------------------------
chainsoar (chainsoar)
Sulik Image War Chief
Daolin (Marfu)
Bakota Image Tribesman
Pristiq (Pristiq)
Gorlok Image Tribesman
Drazaos (Drazaos)
Eentho Image Tribesman
Ngozi (Ngozi)
Ghrom Image Tribesman
Sir Rellik (SirRellik)
Sargon Image Tribesman
pro (MARK)
Baxoje Image Tribesman
The Royal Khanate (TheRoyalKhanate)
Krono Khan Image Tribesman
marmalade (marmalade)
Sahnish Image Tribesman
Last edited by Daolin on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chainsoar

Re: Tribal Guild Recruiting!

Post by chainsoar »

While we would never enforce a particular template on any potential members, I would like applicants to be aware that we are currently in need of lumberjacks, carpenters, miners and blacksmiths, so it would be highly appreciated if you intend to create a character with one or more of these skills.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

The tribe is still going strong. I think it is important to recap on recent events and look at where we are headed. Here are some recent events to wrap up December:

Tribe News
  • Zar left the guild on sort of neutral terms. He owned the original guild house, which housed the tribe stone and many member's belongings. Zar quickly powered through skills, and then realized he wanted something more. I for one was not suprised. The hut was dropped, but before all the member's belongings could be moved and saved. This has not sat very well with the tribe.
  • Some inactive members remain inactive and will be bumped off the roster in the near future.
  • Some inactive members have become active again, and we are glad to see them hunting and training with us.
  • The tribe is now pushing for a new hut to house our abandoned stone. This is a challenge in bartering, but I think we will meet the task easily after this holiday.

Some things Bakota learn...
  • It is not easy to barter for goods. But its not impossible either. It feels like true trading and purchasing in game though. Gold really does make things easy, but it also makes trading boring. Trade itself can be a fun puzzle of a task that most skip past easily.
  • Training skills naturally is probably the best thing anybody can do in this game. If you want to PvP though, I would not advise it unless you are a humble person. Training to 5x+ when you start on the server causes you to skip 90% of the content. I know most feel they are above killing skeletons for armor, and harpies for feathers. My advice is to not focus on the product of your time, but on how much you were challenged. I found it far more challenging to fight my first orc, than any tamer faces fighting the toughest monsters in the game.
  • Gold is almost pointless. And not because it is a tribal rule. So many things are free if you care to pick them up as you move along. Gold is more for status than anything, and a few items that cannot be attained any other way.
    • Need arrows? Loop between killing harpies and corpsers in Covetous for feathers and logs.
    • Need armor? Skeletons and Orcs help here easily.
    • Need regs? Well, this is harder. But you can at least suppliment by hunting monsters that challenge you AND give the reagents you need.
    • Weapons? If you can "suffer" without GM, there are more free weapons out there than you can ever break through.
  • Patience. All aspects of the game do not have to be available to you overnight.

Galm(kB)

Post by Galm(kB) »

Cool, were do you guys live?

strut

Post by strut »

Heh we have no home (see episode 1 in sig).

No one can be added to guildstone until we gather enough for a dwelling place for a stone. Big challenge as stcking your tribal char with stuff from your alt defeats the whole object of it.

My first week or two in Tribe has been like the early days in UO, progressive. Once you put ego aside and wtach your char gradually improve and do things better learning how to play the template through familiarity. In the old days that familiarity made even a 1 x GM player an experienced vet that knew how to pvm/pvp and make good decisions.

Macroing and power-gaming skills produces this strange combination of highly skilled multi-GM char that playes like an inexperienced player.

Return to “Guild Recruitment”