What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

Post by Faust »

Go to a UOR server that may actually care if you think a feature(s) is stupid.

Tron

Post by Tron »

I'm not faust, so I don't spend 6 hours a day researching uo patch notes and posting on uosa forums about them.... but I remember DP being a pita in t2a, I remember having to cure 4-6 times straight to rid it sometimes.

/shrug.

It doesn't matter if 99% of us remember it this way though, faust has proof!
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Tron wrote:I'm not faust, so I don't spend 6 hours a day researching uo patch notes and posting on uosa forums about them.... but I remember DP being a pita in t2a, I remember having to cure 4-6 times straight to rid it sometimes.

/shrug.

It doesn't matter if 99% of us remember it this way though, faust has proof!
Faust attack aside, I am quite certain most people who played t2a remember DP being much harder to cure than what is on live.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Faust wrote:Go to a UOR server that may actually care if you think a feature(s) is stupid.
the fact that its stupid kinda suggests that it doesnt make sense though. and it is completely stupid. the whole point of gcure existing is to cure higher level poison.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There clearly is a difference when used against Lethal.

Again, each level of the potion has a higher value but during this era it was rather insignificant and in most situations barely noticable. There were many things that seemed "stupid" during both of the Pre:UOR eras. However, that is what made them unique and different compared to the others. A lot of the "stupid" features that didn't make sense made it fun in some cases and not in others. You have to take the bad with the good when replicating a specific era, for the billionth time.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i have said poison/curing is broke for a while now. GM magery cures lvl 5 poison in 1 shot almost every time. i remember dieing pretty often to lvl 5 poison in terra keep during t2a due to its difficulty to cure.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Man we all remember poison being more deadly than whats live now.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Hiding behind the demo as a reason for such an absurd feature is silly in my opinion.

When was the demo released, you ask? The demo was formulated and written to the official T2A CD before T2A was even released. It is old, and in my opinion it is gay.

There are things in the demo which are completely wrong.

Store bought potions would not have a shot in hell at curing DP back in my day.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

son wrote:Man we all remember poison being more deadly than whats live now.
I remember chuggin quite a few pots then running out, still DPed, thinking "well fuck maybe I can recall home and ooOoOo"
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Faust

Post by Faust »

Mens Rea wrote:Hiding behind the demo as a reason for such an absurd feature is silly in my opinion.

When was the demo released, you ask? The demo was formulated and written to the official T2A CD before T2A was even released. It is old, and in my opinion it is gay.

There are things in the demo which are completely wrong.

Store bought potions would not have a shot in hell at curing DP back in my day.
Again, the change to cure potions is backed up by patch notes and other various articles such as UOHOC that clearly state lesser cures had a high change to even cure deadly poison. The cure spell on the other hand extends even further to the Age of Shadows publish. It seems like there is always someone jumping into this discussion basing their opinion on the demo alone without taking into consideration of what took place in order for the change to happen in the first place. Nobody uses the demo as FINAL SAY HERE when researching. I just don't understand why so many people continue to take this simple minded approach towards the research done here. It's completely amazing and absurd to think something like this about UO Second Age.

moomtazz

Post by moomtazz »

I remember that I always carried Greater Cure pots on my tank mage because they were needed to cure the deadly poisons. Magery was not enough, and certainly store bought cure pots were not enough to do it.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

son wrote:Point all you want nerds, this is wrong, just like fizzling recall with gm magery.
Rofl, I pointed this out a bunch of times but no one listens to me. No way in hell did you ever fizzle recall with gm magery.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Stranger wrote:Rofl, I pointed this out a bunch of times but no one listens to me. No way in hell did you ever fizzle recall with gm magery.
It's cause half of you can't handle razor and uo in conjunction. Try not using razor and i guarantee you will never fizzle recall.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Biohazard wrote:
Stranger wrote:Rofl, I pointed this out a bunch of times but no one listens to me. No way in hell did you ever fizzle recall with gm magery.
It's cause half of you can't handle razor and uo in conjunction. Try not using razor and i guarantee you will never fizzle recall.
While I had mentioned something similar in a thread I was contemplating about dispersing my tower, a fellow mentioned that part of the UO experience is the grind and obtaining that with which you don't have.

Handing out items to individuals is just shortening their UO experience; you're taking away they're privilege to earn loot instead of just receiving it.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Biohazard wrote:
You guarantee? My F11 is UO threaded for recall, F12 is a razor macro to recall and target a rune. I tried recalling one time out of Britain with F11 and fizzled. Nothing is ever equipped in my hands, so that sure wasn't the case.

How can you guarantee something when you're wrong about its efficacy?