Awesome community... or is it?

Share stories and special moments with the community.
romm221b

Re: Awesome community... or is it?

Post by romm221b »

Rock wrote:I started UO in 1997 and just quit around 3 months ago. Even though I have a new pc that can support every MMO in the market right now but I love UO too much. It is something that will always be magical to me. Then I remember a close friend whom I used to play UO with told me about UO: SA shard a few months back.

My friend told me this shard was run by an admin that listened to his players and the community was great. I decided to sign up two days ago and made a miner/ blacksmith/ mage toon. I was having fun mining and saving up, hopefully to have enough gold to buy a small house. The server was running so smoothly and I was kind of impressed. I decided to run to the bank and alternate tab out to donate some money to show my appreciation.

Just before I did, I saw some guy attacking another person at the bank. So I called out for guards. To my surprise, a few persons jumped on me calling me all kind of names, pussy, cunt, faggot. I only remember the name Adara was one of them. They refused to let me off and continued to harass me even though I kept quiet. They even made fun of my toon's name and the pack horse I had(sad, wasn't it?) Eventually, one of them used a gate to get to the bank and cast poision on me and ran back in. My toon was only 2 days old and did not have much health.

To Adara and gangs, this is a free shard created for us to have play and have fun. People like you are what made UO lost tons of players when Everquest was released. You guys are only doing the shard a disfavor by harassing new players instead of helping them. Don't forget you are playing for free!

I wasn't angry at all but I felt that Derrick needs to be aware of people like Adara. Anyway, good job on a great shard and I had fun during my days on there.

Signing off,

Rock
They were probably killing a griefer in town while the griefer was afk. I know Adara and shes sweet and does nothing wrong :) stop being a little whiner and get over it.
[12:40] <Derrick> all healthcare is free in britainnia. I guess it does work in some places.
[12:40] <Layt> boom. health reform in 30 seconds. take a page from Derrick's book obama
My IRC name: Zebulone
My Characters: Zeus,Muay Thai,Rem Jr

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Adara is only cool to you if you get to know her.

She isn't very nice to strangers though and does stuff like open your trapped pouches, loot you, heal people you are fighting.

So annoying.

Funny though, you'd think someone with a RP'ish name like Adara Brimstone would rather join a guild like B-D, Zsv, PoV, FoW, or WoV....

Not POO, and with a title like that? Yea...it's so stupid.

punk

Post by punk »

I think she was in Zsv for a while, i remember hunting with her and Grizz..
Erik [Hu]

Red Morgan

Post by Red Morgan »

Sometimes my feelings get hurt real bad...

... and then I make forum posts about it. *sniff sniff*

Anon

Post by Anon »

I TOTALLY AGREE, THIS COMMUNITY IS SH!T. THE GAME ITSELF IS FUN. THE PEOPLE THAT COMPRISE THIS COMMUNITY = SH!T.

one hundred percent, but its an old game on a free server

every version of male nerd ego WILL BE PRESENT.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Anon wrote:I TOTALLY AGREE, THIS COMMUNITY IS SH!T. THE GAME ITSELF IS FUN. THE PEOPLE THAT COMPRISE THIS COMMUNITY = SH!T.

one hundred percent, but its an old game on a free server

every version of male nerd ego WILL BE PRESENT.
Not everyone on this shard is an idiot like some guilds and people.

There's tons of cool players, you just won't find them sitting at west brit bank getting stolen from

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Rock wrote:I started UO in 1997 and just quit around 3 months ago. Even though I have a new pc that can support every MMO in the market right now but I love UO too much. It is something that will always be magical to me. Then I remember a close friend whom I used to play UO with told me about UO: SA shard a few months back.

My friend told me this shard was run by an admin that listened to his players and the community was great. I decided to sign up two days ago and made a miner/ blacksmith/ mage toon. I was having fun mining and saving up, hopefully to have enough gold to buy a small house. The server was running so smoothly and I was kind of impressed. I decided to run to the bank and alternate tab out to donate some money to show my appreciation.

Just before I did, I saw some guy attacking another person at the bank. So I called out for guards. To my surprise, a few persons jumped on me calling me all kind of names, pussy, cunt, faggot. I only remember the name Adara was one of them. They refused to let me off and continued to harass me even though I kept quiet. They even made fun of my toon's name and the pack horse I had(sad, wasn't it?) Eventually, one of them used a gate to get to the bank and cast poision on me and ran back in. My toon was only 2 days old and did not have much health.

To Adara and gangs, this is a free shard created for us to have play and have fun. People like you are what made UO lost tons of players when Everquest was released. You guys are only doing the shard a disfavor by harassing new players instead of helping them. Don't forget you are playing for free!

I wasn't angry at all but I felt that Derrick needs to be aware of people like Adara. Anyway, good job on a great shard and I had fun during my days on there.

Signing off,

Rock
So did you really give up on this shard?

I've been playing here for a few months and although I do not fit in with the crowd, I am having fun. I like to roleplay... and most people who choose this shard from my observation like to PVP. I also like to PVP and I think it compliments RP. (How can you RP a evil mage if you can't kill people?) But anyway, I have also dealt with similar people that you mentioned. I've been called a "fag" ingame for "making a girl char" (exact words). LMAO. I'm not even going to begin to reply to that. Also, many people consider RPing "ghey" or "u hav no life"... but whatever!

I think the majority of people on this shard are just people who want to have fun, PVP, and not take things seriously. Like, in West Britain bank, you see people ganking each other constantly. And characters named "Butt Sniffer" are also quite common.

But not everyone is like that. I've found a roleplay guild and we're having a good time. I HATE the official servers because of all that bank sitting/trammel and neon crap. So I'm quite grateful for this shard!

I guess you were under the impression that since this is a shard emulating a game over 10 years back, that it would attract a mature, "veteran" player base... but from what I see the player base here is no different from WoW, or other online games. I think there are many players here who heard about UO from a friend, not necessarily someone who used to play in the late nineties and wanted nostalgia.

That being said, I do appreciate the humor in this shard. Some of the names of players are hilarious. I also made a character with a funny name that pvps and acts immature... gotta let loose and act like a kid some time. =)

edit: grammar
Last edited by uofuntime on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

My advice is not to give up!

I know that the community can be tiring, some... even much of the time.

But the game itself is good. You should just work to surround yourself with other good players.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Adara Brimstone

Post by Adara Brimstone »

Well, not to bring an old stupid thread back.
Love me or Hate me, I do not care. I guess I am back playing again. I had no idea I made such a hilarious impact on peoples gaming life.
Hope too see some of the old faces around still!

Brymstone

Post by Brymstone »

Twelve years?...........seriously? Not one dirty word, harrassing douchebag or scammer? I have to call bullshit on that one, sorry man it's just not possible. If you played OSI shards since '97 then you have had to endure a good deal of time in Felucca and back in those days no one was safe past the guard zone in Fel.

You may have joined up and played Trammel side, if that's the truth then this shard is going to be a BIG adjustment for you, but hey, look on the bright side at least it's not like you were having to start a new toon on Siege :D

As far as taking shit off of Adara Brimstone, it's a shit talking archer dude, it's almost like being harrassed by the mentally handicapped. A few potty words are used but once you factor in the short bus and the window-licking you just end up feeling sorry for them.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Welcome back Adara!
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Adara Brimstone

Post by Adara Brimstone »

Brymstone wrote: As far as taking shit off of Adara Brimstone, it's a shit talking archer dude, it's almost like being harrassed by the mentally handicapped.
I find this hilarious, Nothing was more comical then harassing people on a crappy toon. I am going to take it a bit more seriously this time around though.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Wow you must be a real tool for bumping a 2 year old dead thread about you being a complete jackass. Nice.

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

there is no crying in UOSA fellas get over it or get the hell out

Paradox
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Paradox »

Must have been D-D calling you all those names. Thats why the server grief's them!
Thebreadman: i once failed to kill myself... that was until i realised i was already dead