Razor Application Error (and Hello!)

King's Quest

Razor Application Error (and Hello!)

Post by King's Quest »

Hello lads and ladies of Ultima Online!

I have been googling for some old MMO's and found out about Ultima Online. It looked interesting enough, so I downloaded it. Installed it succesfully, together with Razor and .NET Framework 2.0 for Windows XP (yes, I have Windows XP). So, well, for some wierd reason Razor wouldn't run. So, without bothering with it much, I found out of a way to create an account, which I did. I connected on the IRC Chat Room, and out of the info the helpful people in there provided me, it would seem that I didn't connect to the right shard (which was concluded out of some details - which I exclaimed when I was at character selection), because the shard where I connected was "Second Age" (kinda funny, 'coz the game consists of that name, but, w/e).
Well, anyway, I was to lazy so I thought I could connect to this 'unofficial' shard this way, so I tried my chances again with Razor. It still wouldn't work. It was giving me an Razor.exe - Appliaction Error, saying:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Its a bit annoying, but .. anyway, I've thought of a way to solve my probem, so I repeated the whole process of installing UOSA, Razor and .NET Framework 2.0; yet, with no advancement. With some more googling, I stumbled on an information how you need .NET Framework 1.1, so I un-istalled the previous, newer version, and commenced the installation of 1.1 version. In the midst of it, it started to rewind, and would quit. And, well, with my computing knowledge (which is well enough), I couldn't think of a solution to this awkward problem. So, I decided to post it here, where hopefully, some of you good people can help me.

Anyway, a short resime of my system:
Motherboard: ECS M952
Processor: Intel Celeron 1.70GHz
Memory: 1280MB RAM
Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 (128 MB)

So, that would be it. The problem:
When running Razor application, the application fails to comply, and announces:
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application.
[.NET Framework 2.0 is installed]

Again, I hope you helpers would solve this for me. ;)

That would be all from me now. Stay safe. :)

-Kings Quest

P.S.: Happy New Year Everyone! :)

EDIT: I later found out how you don't need Razor to connect with you guys, so I guess I was in the blur writting this message. Nothing of it then. Thank you anyway!
Last edited by King's Quest on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dagon

Re: Razor Application Error (and Hello!)

Post by Dagon »

The older Razor used Framework 1.1, the newest versions of Razor use 2.0, thats why you saw information about both of them,. but you may still actually need both of them installed since 2.0 does not include 1.1 (and razor was originally coded with 1.1, just because they changed the compiler option it doesnt mean it was completely rewritten for 2.0). Honestly though I don't even know if I have 1.1 installed at the moment, it doesn't look it though since I dont have it as an option in visual studio..

so for now try installing 1.1 AND 2.0 (and all updates for them!) and see where it gets you

there does seem to be a whole host of problems that could cause this though.. a virus/missing runtimes (other than the framework), bad audio drivers on an nforce chipset, etc etc.. might take some trial and error to figure it out

King's Quest

Post by King's Quest »

Well, to tell you the truth, I just re-installed the whole system and deleted all the data. I had some problems with my PC which made me do so, so all the drivers are fresh and there are no viruses or anything. I'm a hundred percent sure of it. And, yes, I forgot to mention, but I tried to install both .NET Framework versions, and yet, the 1.1 version still seems to fail on install. And, yes, I downloaded Razor again, and yet it still wont work ... but, anyway, I can run the game w/o Razor. So, no big deal. :P

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Its great that you can connect without razor, and it will be great from getting to know game and making friends .. but you are going to want razor .. If your new to this game then you are going to be at a hard learning curve and razor will be able to help with a lot with that. (as well as just reading forums so you can get a bigger sense of ALLL the things you can chose do in your time inside Ultima Online)

I'm only suggesting you not give up on razor so fast .. great that you can take a break from messing with razor and play a little .. but I really think your going to want it in the long run.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy