Things I've Noticed that aren't T2A era

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
FattyPants
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Things I've Noticed that aren't T2A era

Post by FattyPants »

Hey All,

Only day 4 for me on the shard. Love it for the most part so far and want to praise admin for doing good work. I beta tested UO and played on Catskills through T2A until a month after EQ released. My memory isn't perfect, but here are some of the things I remember differently from that era than on UOSA. Hope it helps

1) Killing a mob with blade spirits or EV gave you Fame/Karma

2) Provoking mobs gave you fame / karma when they were killed

3) Lich Lords room in Deceit had 5-6x the amount of lichs/lords than it does on UOSA

4) Bull pits in Jhelom were exactly that ... bull pits. There were more bulls, and less of all the other crap that spawns there.

5) Orcs didn't spawn in random locations on Dagger Isle (might be wrong on this one)

6) The way NPC vendors sold / spawned their regs was different than it is here. They never started with 20, thats for sure. Always 160 if I recall... and they didnt get up to 999 the more people bought after each save.

7) MEDITATION DID NOT TICK GAINS AND THEREFORE WAS VERY HARD TO RAISE. The skill check only hit when you first clicked to use it, not while in the process of meditating...

Anyways, thats all that comes to mind now. lemme know if I am incorrect in any of these as it's been a long time... I'll use this thread to post more if I see them.

- Fatty Pants / Octubious / Music Man / SenceLess

punk

Re: Things I've Noticed that aren't T2A era

Post by punk »

FattyPants wrote: 1) Killing a mob with blade spirits or EV gave you Fame/Karma
It does, but if the EV's deadly poison gets the kill, you won't get fame credit.

As for all the other stuff, I'm sure most of it has been brought up multiple times, and things are as they are due to lack of proof otherwise. Either way, if you want to get ANYTHING changed, Derrick needs more than your word, he needs proof. Read the sticky post on how to get evidence to support your memory.
Erik [Hu]

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

your points on 3-6 seem incorrect.. 12 liches in the LL room? bull pits? they are Dueling Pits.. regs on vendors staying at 160 forever? i dont think so.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I dont think guy knows anything of what he's talking about.

Some of those points we're never accurate, to any time-frame of UO.

Since when we're there EVER bulls in Jhelom Pits..?

What server we're you playing on.. :lol:
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

FattyPants
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by FattyPants »

Not the jhelom dueling pits in town...

The ones outside town from the portal.... the animal pits.

FattyPants
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by FattyPants »

Also right now there is 1 lich lord and 1 lich in the lich lord room in deceit. In T2A there would be 10-20 people farming that room.... there were atleast 4 lords and 8 lichs

Faust

Post by Faust »

Deceit Lich Lord room on North American shards had one lich and lich lord on an instant spawner.

European shards had one lich and two lich lords.

That specific spawn here is entirely accurate and that room never did have that many spawning at one point.

Provoke giving fame and karma was disabled in late '98 due to a flagging bug and can be read in the patch notes. It wasn't re-enabled until after the UOR publish.

The reagent spawn was definitely not 160 each and in fact on the demo it starts with 9 instead of 20. There is still on going discussion between it being 9 or 20 since the spawn in the UOR era actually was 20 and there is no concrete proof which one actually existed in the time frame we are replicating.

Typically, when bringing up era accuracy issues you should provide some sort of information to support the claim since nothing added to this shard is based on memory or comments. The majority of those issues on your list aren't right or accurate at all. Most of them have already been discussed and confirmed. I would suggest taking a look at our wiki site for the compiled list of patches for future researching material. The way back machine and articles written in various places like stratics, uopowergamers, uo.com, etc... are great places to start too.

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

5) As someone whose first house was a small fieldstone by the Honesty shrine back in T2A, and whose poor little miner/smith spent half his time running away from orcs on Dagger Isle, I can say they most definitely spawned there. I remember also having to draw them away from the mining cave on the north end before being able to mine in there safely.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for the notes and topics FattyPants, Welcome to Second Age!

Most of these issues have been addressed, and I belive we have most of them nailed on UOSA.

I think you are right on the meditation tick gains. I was unsure on this issue when we converted from passive gains.

On the orc spawns on Dagger Isle, does anyone have recolection of Ettins on dagger island? This question came up recently when looking over the pre-T2a OSI spawn groups.

I may be able to dig up the proper spawn group for Jhelom farms in the same place.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

I have been arguing forever about the meditation skill gaining passively during the active meditation process for months now... The meditation skill only raised when the skill was "physically" used as in clicking that little blue button by the skill or using a hotkey. Meditation was a very hard skill due to this feature and became way too easy when you could gain passively. The trick was to use a platemail chest piece to slow the mana regeneration rate down significantly so you could get more "physical" uses in for a possible gain.

Drives me nuts everytime I see the skill gaining passively during the active process reminding me of UOR every single time...

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:Drives me nuts everytime I see the skill gaining passively during the active process reminding me of UOR every single time...
sounds like you need a break
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w