WHere to gain resist?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Angeline

WHere to gain resist?

Post by Angeline »

I have casting spells on myself in brit for a long time but havent gained anything resist :(

Is there a place to gain resist which aldo happen to have a bankbox?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: WHere to gain resist?

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Buc's lol its the only town that allows magic and banking by reds, A ship, a house you probably dont have one though, attack a reaper, or hedge maze and let the daemons/balrons attack you as you take cover behind shrubbery. The shrine in Destard is a good place. Anywhere where you let monsters cast on you starting off is a good place to do resist.

Besides doing so in a house such is your dillema. I would make that a priority.

You can gain off fire fields though. Just cast one and keep running through it. It wont take you to GM however.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Coloram
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Coloram »

Most people raise magery and resist at the same time by casting spells on themselves. This guide explains how to do it

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=845

Magic doesn't do any damage in guarded areas so you can't do this in town. You can do what archaicsubrosa77 said above and let monsters cast on you, you just need to watch your health

The best way is to do cast on yourself in a house. If you can't afford one yet, some of the people on the shard will let you use some of thiers including the guild Zsv - check their thread here - http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13316

To keep yourself healed use another character and bandages with healing skill or just create a new one with 50 anatomy/50 healing
Aldarian - DG

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Back in the day there was a forest of reapers, maybe north of Minoc? Does that exist on this shard, or was that created post-T2A?

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Budner wrote:Back in the day there was a forest of reapers, maybe north of Minoc? Does that exist on this shard, or was that created post-T2A?
lol i came across this forest and yes it is indeed there, i didn't even think they were on this shard then i was like shit, they seem to spam parra?
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Any idea where this forest is? Used to be fantastic for training resist, free of charge.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

On OSI I did it the old fashion way, hunting. Same as on here. Its cheaper that way. Started at just buying training and already at 49ish.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Lazarus wrote:On OSI I did it the old fashion way, hunting. Same as on here. Its cheaper that way. Started at just buying training and already at 49ish.
No way. It's far more efficient to spend your time hunting and earning good gold from good monsters (and using it to buy reagents and cast on yourself), than you are hunting useless things that happen to cast on you.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Mikel123 wrote:
Lazarus wrote:On OSI I did it the old fashion way, hunting. Same as on here. Its cheaper that way. Started at just buying training and already at 49ish.
No way. It's far more efficient to spend your time hunting and earning good gold from good monsters (and using it to buy reagents and cast on yourself), than you are hunting useless things that happen to cast on you.
Who said anything about efficiency? Because I sure nuff didn't.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Efficient = cheap

More efficient = cheaper

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Mikel123 wrote:
Efficient = cheap

More efficient = cheaper
Efficiency does NOT equal cost, unless you mean "cost-efficient" which I didn't see. Efficiency is a ratio of cost, effort and time. By hunting things that cast on you you can gm resist for free. Now if the OP would have said how can I GM resist as quickly as possible then ok macroing it would be better but the OP simply said "gain resist".

Furthermore I think your statement of "hunting useless things that happen to cast on you" needs some explanation. I don't know how or why you would call air, fire, water, poison, and blood elementals, liches and lich lords, elder gazers, balrons, and deamons useless. If thats the case then what are "good monsters"?

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Wow didn't mean to start a flame-a-thon. So do either of you two economists know where the reaper forest is?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Budner wrote:Wow didn't mean to start a flame-a-thon. So do either of you two economists know where the reaper forest is?
Nope.

RazitalJiminez

Post by RazitalJiminez »

This infamous reaper "forest" if is located north of Minoc

Directions: if coming from Vesper, travel north BEFORE the first Minoc bridge to the mines (then the following one is town) and its all the way up at the peak of that peninsula with about 5 or 6 reapers all there in one spot ... I would imagine the respawn rate is very fast but I do believe there are a few other spawns there as well.

I stumbled upon this land hunting just a few days ago and this of this info is from memory, so hopefully its accurate!

happy reaper hunting!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Lazarus wrote:Efficiency is a ratio of cost, effort and time
k

To GM resist with the least amount of cost, effort, and time, kill high-value monsters and using their gold to purchase reagents to cast upon yourself.

Letting monsters cast upon you while you kill them is not as efficient.

If you begin with 55 resist (fire field method up to that point), and you kill Blood Elementals for gold with which to buy reagents and cast upon yourself, my guess is maybe 3 of the remaining points of resist will come from the blood elemental, and the other 42 will come from your own spells.