Any one played on Europa?

Topics related to Second Age
Pirul

Any one played on Europa?

Post by Pirul »

I used to play in Europa c. 1999 - 2001, mostly PvM with Mercury (tank) and Pirul (warrior). So far I have a week here and couldn't be happier.

Any guild out there mostly for PvM?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Angeline

Re: Any one played on Europa?

Post by Angeline »

I played on europa from start to the end of T2A in 1999

rouss

Post by rouss »

i played on Europa
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Your_Ugly_Mom

Post by Your_Ugly_Mom »

I started playing on Atlantic Februar 1998. Than switched to Europa somewhere around 1999.
Stopped playing 2004 ...

YUM

Meursault

Post by Meursault »

Me and my brother had a joint character named WizBang around 1998? we were quite active around there, but i hardly remeber anyone or anything...

Boudoir

Post by Boudoir »

Was playing on Europa between 1999 and 2000 with the 8C guild. Everybody stopped with the release of UO:R (split of the world, precast changes, ...).

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

An yone remember a girl by the name of Kimberly, and what guild she was in? I used to be in the same guild, but have completely forgotten everyone. Most member of the guild were UK based.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Bel'ni

Post by Bel'ni »

I used to play Europa, 98-03
Mostly around Moonglow, Fel ;)
Bel'ni
Master Detective
Founder of the OSI Britania Police Department
Playing from 1997-1998 (Catskills)
1998-2003 (Europa Shard)

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Another Europa stray here. Hi folks :)

I happened across this shard a few weeks ago, I had no idea these things still existed. Nearly nine years off and it's all still so familiar.

My only character anyone might possibly recall was Mathias the Poor, head of the Vagrants' Union from about late '99 - '01. He spent many months wandering Brittania with Roach, his companion Mongbat, but never did quite manage to GM begging before real life meant the end of my time in these lands. I might have another shot though, "Spare a few GP for a cup o' tea?" :wink:

Meursault

Post by Meursault »

Seems to be quite a few europeans around, yet no euro guild? We should get something together...

Heskie

Post by Heskie »

Myself and my 2 brothers were also active Europa players, by the names of Heskie, Charizard and Fused. Though flew under the radar mostly so its doubtful anyone knows us ;)

We were in a guild, UK, ran by 'pendragon'. Good times! Played from late 1998 right up till around 2003, playing in the Crossroads of Yew RP Community (played The Crimson Rogues / Guardsmen Militia), which was pretty strict but a lot of fun. Don't suppose anyone was a part of that too?

Good to see a bunch of fellow Europa players here though!

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Heskie wrote:playing in the Crossroads of Yew RP Community (played The Crimson Rogues / Guardsmen Militia), which was pretty strict but a lot of fun.
I remember encountering a 'checkpoint' the Yew Militia had set up on the road up from Brit/Skara. It had tables, stools, an official and armed flunkies, the full works. They were demanding taxes to pass, but didn't seem to have a strategy for dealing with my simply running off through the woods to Yew instead of using the road :)

Cerzi

Post by Cerzi »

Played Europa from 98-2002-ish. Went by the name Shadow back then, did a lot of duo banditry with my friend Blade (yeah we had some awesome imaginations back then). He later went on to get involved with some of the superserious pvp guilds on the server, while I ended up getting banned in the summer of 2002 with no warnings for using a profile editor hack on someone (I was 16, and it *was* pretty damn funny. Not worth my account though, grumble. The sandstone patio I had near the SL HQ, that all my friends operated out of, got bugged for the following year or so - wouldn't decay but couldnt be entered, everything was left exactly as I left it).

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

My last stint on EA servers was Europa around 2008. A very large roleplay community there. All around Yew, there are beautifully constructed buildings (abbeys, churches, towers). Played a necromancer named Morrigan or something. She looked great with shadow dyed studded bustiers but I didn't have the patience to train her up. New Haven was a fun town... I remember everyone picked on this girl/lady who seemed very slow (mentally). She had a hardcore religious husband that would preach if you mentioned anything about atheism or the devil. It was so funny. People joined his guild just to PK them on a daily basis. They were also extremely flirtatious and affectionate towards each other. I lasted about a month there and didn't play since!

Horvik

Post by Horvik »

I playerd on europa somewhere in midle of LBR expansion and i quit just before Samurai empire was released. than i returned to it last year to check out mondains legacy and kingdom rebord and it was just dead. only people i could find online was 15-20 banksiters in luna. All other towns where dead empty even in trammel. Some rpg guild towns had people online, but those just creep me out, even on this shard.