fix your client

blahblah

fix your client

Post by blahblah »

So i downloaded your client today and its missing the desktop folder, which is where all of your acct/character macros are stored...
This is convenient for the fact that you can copy/paste macros from one to the other. With your downloaded client as is you have to remake all of your macros for new chars. So please fix it.

Thanks.

PS: And also why is the uopatcher not included..

Maahes

Re: fix your shit.

Post by Maahes »

The desktop folder is included, I used the installer and its the first folder that comes up when I open my Ultima Online folder.

The UOpatcher is not included because the client that you are downloading is already patched to the appropriate version.

Dagon

Re: fix your shit.

Post by Dagon »

You are using Vista or Win7 (there's no point in denying it) so you should learn about your OS before attacking the installer. Vista/7 moves user's program files OUT of Program Files and puts them into C:\Users\blahblah\<folder>\<folder>, which is where you'll find your Desktop folder and all your macros and character files.

If it were truly "missing" the folder, how would any macros be saved? If it were "missing", the game would automatically create it (as it does each time you log in a new character) and obviously if it still wasn't in Program Files\Ultima Online\Desktop it would have to be SOMEWHERE, but you don't bother to look for it or any of the other number of posts addressing the matter.

And the patcher is not included, as Maahes said, because the game is already patched up to the version we use, and also because the patcher is for OSI servers, which this server is not, and the client was specifically made and packaged for this server alone. I guess you don't know that the login.cfg was also changed for this server alone, so go look at that and come back and complain about it too.

Thanks for coming now go read a book and learn something.