May we please have a no restrictions tourney with looting?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

May we please have a no restrictions tourney with looting?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Just thought it would be a nice change to get other character-types involved.

Edit(Feb24,2010): Changed main title to reflect the direction this thread has taken.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: May we please have stealing in the non-free use tourneys?

Post by chumbucket »

BUT THAT AIN'T 1v1OMGLEETPVPFOREVER!?

I would bring mace chum if I could steal.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

If this was possible I'd likely get around to making the macer thief I've been meaning to do for quite a while now.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

sounds legit
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Dr. Octagonecologyst

Post by Dr. Octagonecologyst »

use a hally put all consumables in a chest magic lock presto dead matron and chum.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Just make a format where anything goes!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Faust

Post by Faust »

Why not allow tamers to bring in a 100 dragons too?

The rules are there based on the traditional ruleset that has been in place for over a decade for competitive dueling. Stealing has never been allowed in a duel just like numerous other features that would get you disqualified during a normal or traditional player run tournament. The inaccurate addition of stealing by target type through Razor makes this even more pointless in my opinion too.

We should stick to the common consensus that has been in place for over a decade now for tournaments.

Shea

Post by Shea »

Faust wrote:Why not allow tamers to bring in a 100 dragons too?

The rules are there based on the traditional ruleset that has been in place for over a decade for competitive dueling. Stealing has never been allowed in a duel just like numerous other features that would get you disqualified during a normal or traditional player run tournament. The inaccurate addition of stealing by target type through Razor makes this even more pointless in my opinion too.

We should stick to the common consensus that has been in place for over a decade now for tournaments.
Ridiculous argument. 100 dragons = the steal skill? You really think that stealing provides the same sort of competitive advantage in a tournament as a person with 100 dragons? The entire system is inaccurate so the addition of stealing just adds a fun element that will allow a different play style to get involved. Your tamer example is a fallacy.... a slippery slope.
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Faust

Post by Faust »

Sorry, if you can't seem to grasp the point that was being made in my post. Why should one restriction be relaxed and the next shouldn't? Again, the rules put in place has been etched in the minds of competitive duelers for well over a decade now. There is a reason the "majority" enjoys dueling this way.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

TBH Faust is one of the biggest trammelites here, period. As one of the most active PvPers and tournament goers, I'd love for stealing to be added into the tournaments. You advocated free use, fine you got your change to the tournies *which might I add was one of the dumbest things to add*. If you think stealing will be such a huge advantage for them, then I guess that just sucks for you, but you don't win any tournaments anyway now do you?

I'm all for stealing, as it makes more templates viable, rather than just dexxer/mage.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Pro

Post by Pro »

Faust is right. you're all dumb

Faust

Post by Faust »

Cata,

I advocated non-free use with exceptions.

The current setup for the tournaments was not my suggestion.

Please try to get your facts straight that you seem to mishap on everytime you make a post.

Btw, you were associated with an RP town called Turtble Bay.

Who is the trammelite again?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I wrote:May we please have stealing in the non-free use tourneys?
We already have magics/pots allowed. Wouldnt that already go against the 500 year old tradition of wizard pvp? It's bad enough that there is a freaking tourney taking people from the real game every time I turn around. I only proposed the idea so that maybe some of us who don't really like to play Tanks-And-Dexers.exe online can actually play. You tank-mage types don't even like the pots/magics non-free use because it lets dexers compete, why not allow stealing..

As far as the tamer thing goes, seriously?

Hell, they can extend the "is stolen" flag timer and return all the items at the end of each match so you guys don't have to worry about losing your magic weapons that you never take anywhere else but here and serverwars.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There were different style of tournies back in the day. However, the majority of them mainly used the traditional tank mage ruleset. The majority of pvper's agreed and still agree today that it's the best setup for the most competitive duel. If you are requesting a new style of tournament to allow stealing that is another topic altogether.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Actually, I think it would be cool to allow tamers with 1 pet, as well.