Guilds and Alts

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Oneiros

Guilds and Alts

Post by Oneiros »

This is just a question regarding etiquette on this shard. I wouldn't say one character is my "main" and others are my alts, at least at this point. I am sure that as my crafters reach the GM level, I will probably play them less or simply on an "as needed" basis. With that in mind, I was wondering what most people do in regards to affiliations with multiple "main" characters. For example (bear in mind I like to RP), I currently have a dexer bard (archery). This character obviously sucks at PvP and just recalls out. I play it mainly for PvM, pure enjoyment, or farming gold. I also intend to make a murderer at some point (undecided spec at this point). I also intend to make some sort of anti-PK, either pure mage or mage tank. I imagine I will split time between all three accounts. My question is: do people normally join different guilds on all of their different characters? For example, I'd like to join a pirate guild on my fisher and an anti guild on my anti-PK, or is that type of behavior frowned upon? I never really had this issue on OSI because I only had one fighting character. With the ability to macro some of the harder to level skills, I will have many more ways to enjoy my favorite game. I was just wondering if it was commonplace to join different guilds on different characters, or whether most guilds on this server prefer that their members choose a "main" and play that character quite actively. Thanks for the input in advance.

Pirul

Re: Guilds and Alts

Post by Pirul »

I'm guessing Pirate or pk guilds don't give a rat's ass what you do with your alts, but I know that some anti-pk's would frown upon this. C^V publicly states it doesn't accept members with griefing alts. Haven't seen such a statement from other anti- guilds.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

I think it's okay so long as you don't get involved with the OOC/OOG politics/flame talk/LEET. For example, don't flame PKers because you were on your anti-PK and you won/lost when you have a PKer/pirate/whatever. Eventually, you'll get cornered into one playstyle as people learn your alts and the non-RPers decide to hunt you down, regardless of what character you're on.

Keep it in game, and you should have no problems playing every facet of the game. But once you make things personal OOC/OOG (or allow it to become personal by others), you may find yourself out of guilds, losing mates, and so on.

Just what I've seen, personally.
Gone to greener pastures.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I wouldn't think its a problem. Unless you are using your pk character to murder your guild mates from your other characters. That will bring you heat and rightfully so :P
Our guild members have characters in a ton of different guilds. Pk/anti/rp/pvm etc its all good. but when one starts knowingly murdering our members we have a problem.
If you want to murder members of your own guilds best do it anonymously.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros »

To be honest, I'm still unsure of whether I'd actually be able to murder another player without provocation. I am mostly referring to being in a PvM type guild on my bard (like the UOSA History guild) and an anti guild on my PVP character, and a pirate guild on my fisher. These are just examples and I might like one guild so much I just put all my characters in it. I currently only play with a few real life friends, but once I get my characters to the point where I don't just grind crafting skills every day, I'm sure I'll crave the social interaction of a guild. I was just wondering if it was common for players to be in two guilds, and it seems that it is appropriate as long as you don't cross certain lines (which seems reasonable and sort of common sense).

Thanks for the information.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

yea people are in a bunch of diff guilds on diff chars here generally
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Just keep it a secret! <3

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Honestly I couldn't see myself playing an anti pk AND a pk.

Just doesn't seem right.

I'd choose one or the other. Go anti pk I'd say, this shard needs more of them :wink:

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros »

Yeah, this shard is defiinitely devoid of antis. I have been Pk'ed/griefed so many times and I have yet to see anyone kill (or even put up a decent fight) against a red. Me and 2 friends were fighting a red and a blue last night (they attacked us, blue went grey), and we got one of the guys to about 10 health at one point, but they killed all three of us. We are noobs though, and some of our skills aren't even capped (namely resist), so what can you expect. If this was like OSI back in the day where there were thousands of people online at once, I could maybe see being a PK, but I'd still feel bad for killing bards and stuff. Still working on getting the characters skill capped and equipped, while also leveling up crafters, so might still be some time until I seek a guild.