I would like to Re initiate the Farmer Strike

Topics related to Second Age

Are you in?

I'm in. I'm tired of this over done crap.
55%
I really need money..i can't afford not to try.
22%
I'm a pk and this doesn't benefit me so ....NO
24%

Total votes: 51

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I would like to Re initiate the Farmer Strike

Post by GuardianKnight »

Normally i try to be a good sport about the pk attempts but i have been attacked 20 times today by different gank squads each time and tbh i don't see anyone else being able to hunt anything like this. Few people have told me it just isn't worth it to farm now with all the down time they are experiencing.

The days when MyM were PK striking or whatever they called it, it was alot calmer.....now everyone and their dog is on their pk accounts and it's getting a bit overwhelming. I can't see growth here if no one can go out.

I can understand the random pk popping up, but this is getting like a nasty scheduled slaughtering and it's worse than before. There is no chance to survive and it stops being a game and more of a dice roll on how long it's gonna be until 3 to 5 people come to scrape you against a jagged rock and tie your cut off feet to a tree limb.

As per usual i would like anyone that can possibly help it to avoid the dungeons until it dies down.

What do you have to lose by staying out of the dungeons? You are probably going to get zerg ganked anyway and lose whatever you made. Kill the pks and t hey'll come back on their cheat multiple accounts.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: I would like to Re initiate the Farmer Strike

Post by son »

This is the wrong approach.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

The Anti pk idea is a dead horse that only creates griefer blue pks. They'll eventually take over as the pk gank squads as we have seen in recent days.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

lownslowneon

Post by lownslowneon »

I agree but I still go out and risk it.... it's kind of fun to watch the gank squads fail to kill my bard...

Not going to mention any names but I definitely had 2 guys try to gank me at the Titans today on my bard.... unsuccessfully.
:lol:

Titan + Imp + 2 gankers = failed attempt.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Well 20 attacks on me today in the few hours i played , i went back each time too. You can fend off and escape a few but eventually they wear you down and you are toast.

punk

Post by punk »

This makes me laugh. You complain about Zsv, the only real active anti-pk guild out there (as well as our allies PoV), then also complain about too many PKs about.

Don't you people think that it might be your attitude towards anti's that is bringing this about? I mean, my experience is that everyone nitpicks the good guys. Were in the dungeons all the damn time, hiding by people farming, setting traps, making rounds, trying to kill PKs, but the second one of our random hardly-active players does something semi-naughty, everyone is on the forums rubbing it in the rest of our noses.

It's a real BITCH to be an anti-PK guild at the moment, maybe thats why everyone plays a PK?
Erik [Hu]

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I haven't nitpicked any of the antis.....i reported my attempted murder each time it happened. That's a far cry from nit picking lol. If the pks attack me and the antis attack me....there's no difference.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

GuardianKnight wrote:Well 20 attacks on me today in the few hours i played , i went back each time too. You can fend off and escape a few but eventually they wear you down and you are toast.
it will never go away

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

It partially did the last time. When the dungeons emptied out because people didn't find it was worth farming if you were guaranteed death, pks logged off.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

When I first started here, which was only just over 2 weeks ago, for the first few days I didn't see many PKs (I was probably just lucky). Now every time I goto Covetous lv3 I am attacked within a 10 minute span.

My basic re-equip on my dexer costs
900gp - chain dex suit
500gp - basic regs (cures and recall)
~120gp - bandaids
a few gp for a few pouches/rune/magic trap regs.
(800gp - horse - probably 80% of the time my horse is killed or left to die in a bad position)
----------------
So on average (0.8 * 800 for horse) = 2160gp

The PKing started getting so frequent that I wasn't even breaking even on loot from liches for a while. The majority of the time PKs won't res or gate out, so to get back to square 1 takes about 20 minutes (running to healer, ressing, vendor buy)

Now I just hunt liches with a precast recall (scroll). It's weird to do and can be difficult, but it's definitely possible. It's about the only way I can avoid being PKed against explosion pots. With 0 wrestle it's impossible to cast a recall when you get attacked by a dexer, and almost every PK group I've been attacked by had at least 1 dexer in it.

There really needs to be a better anti-PK attitude. When players are actually making a net loss from hunting, it really discourages activity on the shard. It's a pain in the neck when a single PK recalls in and everyone recalls out. I'm usually the last one left because I actually attack the PK.. I usually escape from that situation though.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

punk wrote:This makes me laugh. You complain about Zsv, the only real active anti-pk guild out there (as well as our allies PoV), then also complain about too many PKs about.

Don't you people think that it might be your attitude towards anti's that is bringing this about? I mean, my experience is that everyone nitpicks the good guys. Were in the dungeons all the damn time, hiding by people farming, setting traps, making rounds, trying to kill PKs, but the second one of our random hardly-active players does something semi-naughty, everyone is on the forums rubbing it in the rest of our noses.

It's a real BITCH to be an anti-PK guild at the moment, maybe thats why everyone plays a PK?
QFT

GuardianKnight, I understan that being pked can be a drag especially when there's lots of them hitting you constantly. But there's tons of places to farm, you gotta adapt. You don't even have to farm at places to make less money. Try farming in places to where pks have to run around a corner or like in hyloth where there's lots of rooms. You'll get out easily.

Just gotta adapt, that's what I do when I farm as a mage especially since it isn't as easy as barding :wink:

Get in #PoV and tell us when you're farming and one of our expert player killer killers can possibly guard you(hidden by you) as you farm. :lol:

Also, whenever PoV and Zsv are out patrolling the pks don't hit the dungeons as much. It's already proven to be true lol.

lownslowneon

Post by lownslowneon »

Aw, giving away all our secrets.... :roll: :lol: :lol:

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

TBH i escaped most of em, killed 2 , and died like 6 times. Lost nearly 55k in gold/jewels etc.
I'm not helpless, i tend to be able to fend for myself , but they keep increasing their numbers everytime i scare them off. I'm all for people solo attempting to get me....Tamers aren't gods and while we do have our dragons....controlling them takes time away from doing anything else. So the usual, you weren't alone, you had dragons excuse really doesn't fly.

I would like to just dragon bomb the hell out of everywhere i go...but i don't have the time and energy to put that much effort into something that makes you look worse than the people you are fighting.

According to Kheran (failvrin) "You are better than the whole dying and crying about it in irc". I guess i'm sposed to suck it up and just waste my time.

Btw i haven't slept in 28 hours....i can feel my senses dulling.

Arkah

Post by Arkah »

multi clienting makes it easy to ghost farmers.

I am agaisnt multi clienting, thsi si oen of the reason. PKs no logner are forced to hunt thier prey.
---
The above is my own opinion
Below is someone elses, or the next chapter

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

there is only one solution GK...

Craft.
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN