Models freezing

Van Raily

Models freezing

Post by Van Raily »

Last night my models started freezing and glitching. I tried restarting several times, and nothing changed. I have a hotkey for resynching the client, and while it will unfreeze some of the models, corpses still show up frozen.
thriller.jpg
thriller.jpg (53.19 KiB) Viewed 1778 times
I looked in various client issue threads, particularly concerning Vista, and saw no mention of this.

Help is greatly appreciated.
Gone to greener pastures.

Van Raily

Re: Models freezing

Post by Van Raily »

Bump.

Any suggestions? I wouldn't care -too- much except the models actually block me in sometimes (I can push through with full stamina, though it doesn't cost me stamina to do it, I still have to have 100% stamina to get out). Also, the only way to skin the creatures is to imagine where they are and how they fell on the ground to do it - not difficult so much with cows and bulls, but birds can be frustrating, especially when the frozen model is over 90% of the invisible corpse.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Never seen this problem before .. easiest thing might just a quick uninstall and reinstall .. thanks to batlin and the new installer should only take a few mins ..

Tips find and save you desktop folder

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

reinstall using the UOSA installer on the front page downloads, reinstall razor too if you still have issues.

Good luck = )

rouss

Post by rouss »

what client are you using?
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

7.0.5.0, or whatever the most updated one for OSI is. I'll try reinstalling later; after almost dying to mages 'cause I got blocked in by their corpses, I'm definitely gonna' have to fix this somehow.

rouss

Post by rouss »

Van Raily wrote:7.0.5.0, or whatever the most updated one for OSI is. I'll try reinstalling later; after almost dying to mages 'cause I got blocked in by their corpses, I'm definitely gonna' have to fix this somehow.
might be the issue. try 5 or 6 client. those new clients are made for Stygian Abyss and may mess some packets.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

rouss wrote:
Van Raily wrote:7.0.5.0, or whatever the most updated one for OSI is. I'll try reinstalling later; after almost dying to mages 'cause I got blocked in by their corpses, I'm definitely gonna' have to fix this somehow.
might be the issue. try 5 or 6 client. those new clients are made for Stygian Abyss and may mess some packets.
Uninstall what you have and use this installer:
http://my.uosecondage.com/files/UOSA_Client_Setup.exe

It is already patched to what you need, this is the official UOSA download and install.

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

Wanted to say it worked great! Thanks y'all. Also, this version rocks! I got my old UO music back! Not that the U9 music was bad, but it just doesn't have the nostalgia.