Treasure Map Loot

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Shea

Treasure Map Loot

Post by Shea »

This is more of a question and observation than a suggestion. Have any changes been made in the last few patches to the loot from treasure maps? A few months ago you would have a high chance to get a vanq on even a level 1 map. In the last couple of weeks I have done several level 5 maps that have yielded 0 vanq items. At first I figured it was just bad luck but it doesn't seem possible that my luck could be this bad. I just completed a level 4 map that didn't have a single power, vanq, magic resist, invis, teleport, invulnerability item in the entire lot. There was only 1 force item as well.

Has anyone else experienced a similar situation lately?
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Pirul

Re: Treasure Map Loot

Post by Pirul »

I wouldn't know about a few months ago, but these past 2 weeks my experience in 50+ lvl 1 maps is as follows: 1 vanq weapon ... a cleaver, and 0 invis, teleport, and resist charges. Once over 1k in gold, and almost never more that 2 o 3 gems.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Smelly Ira
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Smelly Ira »

Wow weird, must be random, I pretty regularly get vanqs and powers in level 1 chests.

I did go through a period where in probably 20 or more chests there was nothing but below force, but it seems to have evened out again.

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros »

random things are random.

on a related note, i got a silver durable supremely accurate hally of vanquishing off a level 1 map the other day :)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Lucky bastards Î
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

For the most part all I do these days is lvl 1 maps. I did about 60 of them over the weekend. I didnt get much noteworthy or particularly valuable this weekend, but I have had long slumps before when I wondered if chest loot got a stealth nerf, but then went on a pretty good streak of nice vanqs and such. I think its just a streaky kind of system.

Vanqs or not though, I think they are still worthwhile to do. Especially if you dont have a bard or tamer to farm big game or the pvp skills to make dungeon hunting viable. Each lvl 1 yields about 1300-1500g in cash n trash for about 5 minutes of effort, in and out, no hassles, especially if you take the time to copy yourself a personal rune set. A solid vanq score here n there is a bonus as I see it.

Shea

Post by Shea »

Streaks with level 1 maps are one thing, since there are so few weapons to begin with. 1 Vanq OR Power weapon per level 4 or 5 chest seems ridiculously low given the challenge of dealing with ballys or poison eles in the friggin jungle. Again, it could be a bad streak but I figured I would pose the question in case an admin would weigh in on the topic. Have there been any changes to tmap loot in the last 3 months?
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Nay, there have been no changes at all. Also the chance of a particular weapon in a level 1 chest being vanq is equal to the chance of a single weapon in a lvl 5 chest being vanq. The only real difference is the quanitity of items, especially weapons and armor, although some other item types may not follow this same rule.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."