Server side lag and long saves.....

Brules

Server side lag and long saves.....

Post by Brules »

Whats up with the 16 second saves today and the horrible latency/server lag? Lag seems to have gotten progressively worse the last several weeks. Is it by chance tied to the # of in game items that seems to be growing by the day?

Brules

Re: Server side lag and long saves.....

Post by Brules »

Well the server crash and reboot helped for about 5 minutes, saves are back to 16 seconds and lag is spiking up and down.

Care to share what the issue is and how it is to be resolved?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

There are A LOT of things that can cause this and item count can be one .. However there are a lot of other things that can cause this .. So yes I'm uneasy to try and give you a answer to your question until I hear some thing from Derrick who can truly looking issue. However guessing instead of pm'ing me, makes more sense for him to post in thread after he has figured out and fixed problem..

I just wanted to let you know your post isn't unseen or not unaddressed ..

(this thread was started between my sleeping and working hours I have had no problems or noticeable lag other then saves myself, and hey tonight seems to be a sec or 2 over 10secs.. more then normal .. but no were near bad..)

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Brules

Post by Brules »

Just FYI this afternoon/evening it was up around 16 seconds, then crashed. After restart seemed better then seemed to get worse again. When lag and saves got worse I loged off.

I Know it could be a million things, I was just curious about item count......it seems to have jumped recently quite a bit.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Brules wrote:Just FYI this afternoon/evening it was up around 16 seconds, then crashed. After restart seemed better then seemed to get worse again. When lag and saves got worse I loged off.

I Know it could be a million things, I was just curious about item count......it seems to have jumped recently quite a bit.

Were there other player that experienced this?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I think last night the saves were a little long. I remember when I first started playing about 2.5 months ago the saves only took 5-7 seconds.

Downs

Post by Downs »

last time we upgraded servers, we had 2 sec saves
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Wow. That would be cool. I don't really mind so much as everything basically freezes but with the rate of saving, dunno how often but it saves alot, it would be a little better play wise.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Everything seems back to normal since yesterday. 2 sec saves would be uber. I honestly dont mind the frequency as no huge rollbacks (sans OSI) are nice when a crash does occur.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Brules wrote:Everything seems back to normal since yesterday. 2 sec saves would be uber. I honestly dont mind the frequency as no huge rollbacks (sans OSI) are nice when a crash does occur.
Thats true.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sorry I caught this thread a little late.

We did have an issue with a runaway process this night, I terminated the process when I discovered the issue, but it was a little late in the evening by that time.

The crash was a bug in housing placement check which was fixed in this mornings patch.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."