Cove should not have a bank

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Donk

Cove should not have a bank

Post by Donk »

I played OSI on Europa back during the T2A era and beyond, and I distinctly remember the town of Cove didn't have a bank in it. There were shopkeepers and NPC shops, but no bank, no banker NPCs and no way to access your bank box. It made Cove pretty unique and was one of the major drawbacks of the town, although it also made it nice and deserted if that's what you're looking for.

I went through the patch notes but couldn't find specifically when Cove had a bank added, but I'd be very surprised to hear it was earlier than Age of Shadows. I did find this blog post where the author mentions this:
# Cove was less popular, as it didn't have a bank. Some travellers went there, nevertheless. Mostly to explore the little village, resting before continuing to follow the road from Vesper to Yew, or to fight some orc at the Cove Orc Fort.
If that's not official enough, there's this UO.com update dated Feb 8 2002 (Third Dawn/LBR-era) which specifically mentions the following:
* New players in the directed experience will be given an "enchanted sextant”, which will give the cardinal direction to the nearest moongate, as well as the cardinal direction to the nearest city bank (except in the case of Cove, which has no bank - in this case the player is pointed to the city gates).
It may be that this is an intentional change for UOSA, but if not I propose that the Cove bank be removed, or if this is not possible for map reasons then at least the banker NPCs and bank box access. I'd obviously be interested to hear feedback about this idea from other players.
<Zedd[afk> if theres ever a uosa convention and you pked me once ur getting ran over with a truck

ClowN

Re: Cove should not have a bank

Post by ClowN »

this is true, there was never a bank in cove, atleast not on chesapeake

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

It was placed there after a few years, but not in the beginning. On Catskills and Europa, it's in the stone building, not the wooden one, anyway.
Gone to greener pastures.

Chance

Post by Chance »

Van Raily wrote:It was placed there after a few years, but not in the beginning. On Catskills and Europa, it's in the stone building, not the wooden one, anyway.
I believe it is/was also that way on SP.
~ Xigig ~ Mojoka ~ Shadowclan Orcs ~

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

there was a banker on ATL I am fairly certain

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Biohazard wrote:there was a banker on ATL I am fairly certain

I don't believe so. I know Siege didn't have one and am fairly certain the same applied to Atlantic.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Seems like they sort of added one in sometime during T2A on pacific. I remember there not being one, then one day there was, though he did not have a nice decorated bank area I dont believe. I think they (the gm's) just sort of added them as they felt the need perhaps?

I dont remember if siege had one, cove wasnt a popular place in the land-with-no-recall.

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

I think it was Trammel-only, too, which is why it probably wasn't on Siege (and if you were in Felololucca a lot, why it wasn't on Atlantic, either).
Gone to greener pastures.

Heskey

Post by Heskey »

Agreed completely.

Cove did not have a bank back then; ergo, Cove should not have a bank.

[quote="jono1994"]ok i really think that u should add on the Elves race but still keep the original format of the game and also put in Necromancy :D[/quote]

macil22

Post by macil22 »

I played atlantic during uo:r and I do not remember Cove having a bank.

I did some mining in Cove here and I was surprised that there was a bank. I thought maybe my memory was wrong, guess not.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

I dont remember a bank in cove on GL. Its entirely possible it was different from shard to shard.

Lonebob

Post by Lonebob »

The was definitely a bank at Cove on Great Lakes. I remember specifically because I would use the Help>Stuck option and get teleported there and then run to the bank, and I did it quite frequently. There were also great vendors right outside Cove on GL.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

In prior research on this we found that the cove bank varied from shard to shard; GL has often been mentioned as having one, but Chesapeake and most shards didn't.

Stay tuned. :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Lonebob wrote:The was definitely a bank at Cove on Great Lakes. I remember specifically because I would use the Help>Stuck option and get teleported there and then run to the bank, and I did it quite frequently. There were also great vendors right outside Cove on GL.
Stuck option didn't exist in the t2a era.

Lonebob

Post by Lonebob »

Faust wrote:
Lonebob wrote:The was definitely a bank at Cove on Great Lakes. I remember specifically because I would use the Help>Stuck option and get teleported there and then run to the bank, and I did it quite frequently. There were also great vendors right outside Cove on GL.
Stuck option didn't exist in the t2a era.
It existed in 2002, that was the last year I played UO on live. The stuck option was a early adaptation to the game. Just cause you didn't know about it doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Actually Faust, you can just follow my link and eat your words. Being wrong sucks huh?

http://update.uo.com/design_229.html