Cove should not have a bank

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Cove should not have a bank

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Hildigam wrote:I was pretty sure Chessie had one. I never had a red back then, though, but I remember some of us going there to give reds some trouble.

This was before UO:R, too.
wat

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Panthor the Hated wrote:
Hildigam wrote:I was pretty sure Chessie had one. I never had a red back then, though, but I remember some of us going there to give reds some trouble.

wat
x2
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Is he trying to imply that reds we're able to go into Cove..?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

are you thinking of bucs den?

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

bump maybe Derrick will get around to addressing this

Hildigam

Post by Hildigam »

I R STUPID

I apologize, I confused Cove with Buc's Bay.

Honestly, it's easy to forget Cove even existed since it didn't have a bank on Chessie.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Mirage wrote:I'm just wondering what thread made the change to cove not having a bank. The reason I ask is because I own the tower immediately outside of town. It's the main reason I wanted to buy the tower....and a reason I was willing to pay a premium price. I just hope that we didn't go from having a bank there to not having a bank, just because "some towns had them some didn't". If it's out there I just want to see patch notes of something along the lines "all banks from cove have been removed", not random memories of people who might have possibly played OSI and some random quotes from a forum, or the fact that some towns had them some didn't. Just trying to get to the root of how this change became a no brainer.
I have to agree, removing the bank killed Cove. It's pretty much a ghost town. I used to love my house I had nearby, but within a week when I realized the bank was gone for good, I packed up and moved elsewhere. I would like to see it come back, but if it's truly NEA, I'll deal with it. It's not like it makes or breaks the game, but it was nice to have the bank there

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Does Cove have a bank in the demo? I've never messed with the demo, so I honestly don't know.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

There is no Cove in the demo... only Ocllo :-)

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Well that answers that question!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

The demo is not the source of all knowledge and answers, personally when I tried it out back when I bought the game in 99 it functioned more like the early UO emulators rather than OSI

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Clearly we need to remove all towns except ocllo, the code of the demo demands it.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Bump

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

There is no evidence to support the existence of a bank at Cove during the T2A era, and a patch note from late UOR clearly states that Cove did not actually have a bank. Given that, we will not have a bank return to Cove.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

A patch note from late UO:R saying that Cove did not have a bank during UO:R or T2A? I feel like with a situation like this, where it doesn't sound like any concrete information was found that there was not a bank in cove during T2A that this should be like a NFL review. Unless there is indisputable evidence that says there wasn't a bank the original call (that there was a bank) should stand. The decision to take the bank away from cove because we found UO:R patchnotes that state something along the lines of cove not having a bank is a little irrational in my opinion. The decision effected real estate such as mine which went from prime to being not so prime with the removal of the bank. I'm not the only person who's real estate was effected by this change. If we were not considering the consequences to certain players, then we should be removing houses inside guardzone.