Windows 7 and UO

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Windows 7 and UO

Post by Fwerp »

Well, I got a new machine and it doesn't run UO well. It has a solid graphics card, and runs graphic intensive games that my old computer couldn't run (at all) fine; yet, it runs UO laggy as hell.

I have tried running it 32bit XP mode, prioritizing it, make certain that CPU reduction is off, etc.

Any ideas?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Windows 7 and UO

Post by Hicha »

Try disabling visual themes and desktop composition; change it on your UO/Razor link so it only changes the display when you're playing UO.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Also check your color depth. See if 16 bit color helps. If it doesn't, change it back.

I run in 32 bit color.

Do they have 64bit color yet? If so, can a human eye tell the difference? :P
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Jester

Post by Jester »

Try disabling visual themes and desktop composition; change it on your UO/Razor link so it only changes the display when you're playing UO.
How do you add this to your shortcuts? I'd like to do this, because I like the Aero stuff in Win 7, but I've disabled all of that so I can see the built-in UO Assist in Razor with reg counter etc

It'd be nice to change it so it's only the "basic windows" when I play UO and new super special Windows when I'm not playing and just surfing!

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Right Click on the Razor icon -> click Properties -> click Compatibility Tab -> check "Disable desktop compisition".

This will disable the Aero effects for just the Razor application, your Display/Coutner should show up now and you retain most of the visual effects while Razor is running.