What RUINED UO (IMO)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What RUINED UO (IMO)

Post by Biohazard »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Threads like this ruined UO. Stop having a negative attitude and DO something in-game to make it exciting for yourself. There are so many things to do, you just have to explore your options and stop dwelling over little specifics.
aren't you in other various thread bitching about whats important to you? i mean really... obviously everyone has a different idea of what UO meant and was to them.. just because you are not for it doesn't mean its any less important over all for what the shard aim is. btw, i realize you aren't the only one who does this.. the whole "adapt and stick it out" shit is getting very old though.. though i am surprised to have seen it from you

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Threads like this ruined UO. Stop having a negative attitude and DO something in-game to make it exciting for yourself. There are so many things to do, you just have to explore your options and stop dwelling over little specifics.
I totally agree. The people who think this way about the game are the exact people that don't explore other options and lead to a dead world with a few PKers running around.

There's fun to be had out there, if you think outside the box a little - that box being "I need to make a 7x mage, get a big house and kill people"
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Grindle

Post by Grindle »

nightshark wrote: There's fun to be had out there, if you think outside the box a little - that box being "I need to make a 7x mage, get a big house and kill people"
Couldn't agree more.

I brought this issue up because yesterday I found an old UO buddy who is quitting Second Age, who has played for only a little over a month, and has multiple large houses, all kinds of loot, and almost a million in gold. All of which he offered to give to me. In my opinion the game would become instantly boring if I had all of that. It just frustrates me to see the economy so out of whack.

I know it's not going to happen, but why not change the loot tables? I remember pre-T2A dragons only had 100 or so gold on them, correct?

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Grindle wrote:I know it's not going to happen, but why not change the loot tables? I remember pre-T2A dragons only had 100 or so gold on them, correct?
the loot tables are pretty damn accurate how they are now.. there just isnt enough people to get all the loot spread around nicely... one thing im unsure of is spawn frequency and how accurate that is in relation to OSI.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Biohazard wrote:the loot tables are pretty damn accurate how they are now.. there just isnt enough people to get all the loot spread around nicely... one thing im unsure of is spawn frequency and how accurate that is in relation to OSI.
Definitely true.

Its really amazing how much of an impact the playerbase actually had on the OSI T2A gameplay.

Grindle

Post by Grindle »

Can't we just implement a tax? Anyone with over 50k should be entered into a highly taxed bracket, ha...

UO would've been even greater if they had implemented the system of having a set amount of resources. I still have my Ultima Online Strategy guide from 1997 and there are all kinds of crazy things printed in there that were never published to the game, such as limiting gold, ore, wood, etc.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Grindle wrote:Can't we just implement a tax? Anyone with over 50k should be entered into a highly taxed bracket, ha...

UO would've been even greater if they had implemented the system of having a set amount of resources. I still have my Ultima Online Strategy guide from 1997 and there are all kinds of crazy things printed in there that were never published to the game, such as limiting gold, ore, wood, etc.
I always thought that was a really cool idea, and it adds alot of weight to in-game relations specifically. Though from a business standpoint, it's probably not in your best interest to allow players to monopolize certain aspects of a limited game taking away from the "ability" for others to do so. Though you and I think it's a good idea, I can see how it might have reduced the playerbase, and limited sales.

Let us not forget, if UO did not take off the way it did, we would not be here playing it today.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Grindle wrote:
nightshark wrote: There's fun to be had out there, if you think outside the box a little - that box being "I need to make a 7x mage, get a big house and kill people"
Couldn't agree more.

I brought this issue up because yesterday I found an old UO buddy who is quitting Second Age, who has played for only a little over a month, and has multiple large houses, all kinds of loot, and almost a million in gold. All of which he offered to give to me. In my opinion the game would become instantly boring if I had all of that. It just frustrates me to see the economy so out of whack.

I know it's not going to happen, but why not change the loot tables? I remember pre-T2A dragons only had 100 or so gold on them, correct?
I'm calling bullshit no one can make that sort of money in a little over a month unless they play 24/7

Pac

Post by Pac »

Pro wrote:
I'm calling bullshit no one can make that sort of money in a little over a month unless they play 24/7
A lot of farmers are casually pulling in ~100k a day so 1 mil a month would be easy.

Pro

Post by Pro »

+ houses and starting from scratch? no i dont think so

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Pac wrote:
Pro wrote:
A lot of farmers are casually pulling in ~100k a day so 1 mil a month would be easy.
Uhhhh casual farmers aren't pulling in 100k a day dude. Thats some pretty serious farming without any getting pk'd, GF maint, or eating/sleeping.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

I'd like to know how to pull 100k a day. I played like 13 hours last saturday and got home with 60k. Was farming lichs in Deciet and Yew. Didn't get pk'd once either(saw a ton). So where can I make 100k a day?

Since seeing so many reds when Im on I've begun to go out adventuring with my friends to areas not normally hit by reds.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

To answer your question :

A bard doing Ophids, or a tamer doing elder gazers comes home with 100k in aprox 2 hours, not including treasure maps or "good" weapon drops.

Now you can whine that these places are unfarmable, but either learn to dragon bomb, or learn to bring friends / mutli client.

during my farming days, which ended around the time that GK started farming, i had made around 10 million in liquid assets, my castle, my own pinsula with 2 towers and 3 smalls, all 4 hidden valley houses, Brit graveyard tower which i still havent put up. and several other "awesome spots" I then slowly spend that gold buying rares. Probably took me 3 or 4 months tops to get that much wealth.
[broken image]

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Wow what a bunch of bullshit.

100k from Ophids in 2 hours? LOL.

More like 30k - and Ophids are a lot of work because they run fast as hell and you're constantly ducking and dodging level 5 poison.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

If you get hit by any NPC in this game you fail.

also try some macros in razor to help with targeting NPCs.

use skill provo
wait for target (reduce the target wait from 30 to 3)
target closest grey.

pause like 1.5 or 2 seconds

target closest grey

I only played a bard for acouple weeks before I got my tamer finshed, but a bard CAN out do a tamer if you recall between multiple farming spots after the provo's.

, so yes the loot from ophids might be slightly slower then dragons in gazers. but i can 100% promice you, (and I believe GK or another tamer proved it some post long ago) that you can farm that kinda money with a tamer in gazers with 4+ dragons.

again.. how in the world are you getting hit by npc's on a horse? playing from dialup for that "t2a" feel?
[broken image]