Topics related to Second Age
Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

UOSA Merchants [DISCUSSION]

Post by Wise »

UOSA merchants is the preliminary idea for a Player vendor ring

What is a UOSA Merchant?

UOSecondage has grown a lot since its conception & now there are vendors spread across Sosoria!

if a player (or vendor house) joins the UOSA Merchant ring they are expected to:

Keep his/her vendors in stock when ever possible,
Provide a quality product,
& while in IRC idle in #secondagetrade

Benefits to the UOSA Merchant system?

All Player vendoes in the Vendor ring will get

constant vendor advertising on UOSA forums
Their vendors listed on the UOSA Merchant Webpage
A rune to your vendors in a runebook of UOSA Merchant Vendors which will be located at each UOSA Merchant vendor house
Players gain the knowledge that your vendors are quality & feel safe shopping

What if my rival and myself both wish to join?!

NO Player vendor will be discriminated against as long as they Sell a quality product & stay stocked, UOSA Merchants will NOT list item prices, it will be for the player to decide which vendor they wish to shop at.

Then whats the catch?

There is no catch, the idea is that the reputable Merchants on Secondage can market themselves better to the new player community, no more "Where can I get X item" "what vendors consistently stock X"

This is currently an Idea for discussion, feed back is very welcomed, I would like to get something going starting in May, if Interested PM me :)

Cheers!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: UOSA Merchants [DISCUSSION]

Post by RoadKill »

I'd be happy to keep a runebook of UOSA Merchant shops at my Library. I tried setting up an "Active Vendor" book but it didn't go so well :P
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Donk

Post by Donk »

I'm behind everything you're doing, because I considered doing this exact same thing. Almost identical. Good work Wise, I'm with you on this.
<Zedd[afk> if theres ever a uosa convention and you pked me once ur getting ran over with a truck

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

i'm not sure that the people who fall victim to low level scams are really looking on the forum or irc.

to me the importance of another rune library is negligible.
the fun in the game is exploring the world, running around, searching.
not knowing if you will live or die.
anyone discouraged by getting ripped off once or twice, probably needs thicker skin.

the easier we make the game, the less time people spend inside.

i don't see this as useful content so much as shortcuts.
like using a horse instead of walking. some people will prefer it i'm sure.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Im just a warrior, but what I would like to see would be spots they are located at, what they sell(price too!).
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

ehafh wrote:i'm not sure that the people who fall victim to low level scams are really looking on the forum or irc.

to me the importance of another rune library is negligible.
the fun in the game is exploring the world, running around, searching.
not knowing if you will live or die.
anyone discouraged by getting ripped off once or twice, probably needs thicker skin.

the easier we make the game, the less time people spend inside.

i don't see this as useful content so much as shortcuts.
like using a horse instead of walking. some people will prefer it i'm sure.

True I agree many new players dont use IRC or forums, but when they check those facets it will be made easy for them to find quality vendors rather then digging through forum posts ultimately finding out that the vendor no longer is there or does not stock that item any more, also with the runebook at each vendor spot it would allow a player to find other goods IN game :)
Karik Verlee wrote:Im just a warrior, but what I would like to see would be spots they are located at, what they sell(price too!).
There would be a description of the vendor location & the co-ordinates, the prices wont be included simply because this is not a competition, rather a resource, showing vendor A selling X item at 1k and Vendor B selling X item at 500gp will cause most players to go to Vendor B, its up to the player to find the BEST deal, we would just let them know where there are quality deals to be had!

Great response so far, I have already received 2 PMS for membership!

Volo

Post by Volo »

I also like this idea wise I am getting tired of reading through page after page looking for resources then go there and the vendor isnt there anymore
"Hangin in the J since back in the day"The Jhelom Regulars

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

JoshulaLee (I think) tried setting this up before... don't think it worked out too well. the runebooks existed but it didn't last long.
Responded to RoadKill's idea before, never amounted to anything.

so if it will work this time around... would support it.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Dagon wrote:JoshulaLee (I think) tried setting this up before... don't think it worked out too well. the runebooks existed but it didn't last long.
Responded to RoadKill's idea before, never amounted to anything.

so if it will work this time around... would support it.

Yea I have seen a few idea's like this float by bit by bit, Its definitely up to the players to keep it rolling (or one or two players) if vendors are not checked on, if non-stocked vendors stay in the ring then it would definitely decline quickly, this wont happen as long as we the players keep on top of the idea,

I am thinking of getting a forum section under 'guilds' while its not a guild each vendor can have its own thread where players can post comments about that vendor, ie: Great products, would be nice if they sold kegs, stopped by on april 11th at 6pm and the vendor was sold out

as well there would be a ongoing thread in the trade forums with a list of all the player vendors in the ring, whenever a player restocked they should drop a little 'restocked on April 11 7pm' which would almost continuously keep the thread in active topics :)

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

What if the Merchants list was wiped clean every 2 weeks or once a month. Active merchants would have to sign up again and update their info. Old runebooks would be tossed, new ones made to reflect active status. That way nobody has the tedious process of checking on vendors, and merchants don't have to defend that their vendor IS stocked daily but sells out easy. I think this would be the easy solution to keep something like this maintained.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

solid and necessary
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If you join this vendor ring, I would like to formally announce that we will be griefing you. Only properly licensed [cA] permitted vendors will remain safe.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

MatronDeWinter wrote:If you join this vendor ring, I would like to formally announce that we will be griefing you. Only properly licensed [cA] permitted vendors will remain safe.

right so NOTHING will change for any of the vendors that join then?

ALSO there would be IRC and forum announcements when Archer bots arrive at these locations & will be working with BPD on this as well (in time)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

We only target non-cA-permitted vendors. Wise's Merchant ring vendors will still be allowed to purchase a shop permit from our institution.

However, joining this ring will make it alot easier for us to find, and issue tickets, to unlicensed establishments.

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Will cA be offering a group discount, for permits, for the merchant ring? It might help to let potential Merchants know the going rates for said permits.