Archery

Topics related to Second Age
bogdan

Archery

Post by bogdan »

I was at 52.6 or 52.5, something like that... 225 arrows ( or around 1 hour or a little more) later im at 52.8. Pretty slow gains. Or is this normal?

uofuntime

Re: Archery

Post by uofuntime »

bogdan wrote:I was at 52.6 or 52.5, something like that... 225 arrows ( or around 1 hour or a little more) later im at 52.8. Pretty slow gains. Or is this normal?
What are you shooting? I can get 0.3 gains for about 10 arrows at that level just shooting monsters.

And wow are you training this on a mage? 225 shots per hour is 1 shot every 16 seconds!

I started a new archer and trained her from 50.0 to 60.0 archery by hunting various monsters. Used about 600-700 arrows? That's about a skill point every 6-7 arrows.

bogdan

Post by bogdan »

uofuntime wrote:
bogdan wrote:I was at 52.6 or 52.5, something like that... 225 arrows ( or around 1 hour or a little more) later im at 52.8. Pretty slow gains. Or is this normal?
What are you shooting? I can get 0.3 gains for about 10 arrows at that level just shooting monsters.

And wow are you training this on a mage? 225 shots per hour is 1 shot every 16 seconds!

I started a new archer and trained her from 50.0 to 60.0 archery by hunting various monsters. Used about 600-700 arrows? That's about a skill point every 6-7 arrows.
no mage, im not the best at macros. Im shooting a guy on my other account and healing him at the same time. But i can kill him in like 3 shots so i dis arm in my macro and heal in between.

i wanted to just macro archery, but maybe ill have to raise it as i play.
Last edited by bogdan on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

bogdan wrote:
uofuntime wrote:

no mage, im not the best at macros. Im shooting a guy on my other account and healing him at the same time. But i can kill him in like 3 shots so i dis arm in my macro and heal in between.
Ooo... I have a GM archer but never macroed archery so I can't give you any advice, but I think people use order guards or blade spirits.
Last edited by uofuntime on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

Do yourself a favor; summon and shoot down Blade Spirits. Its a breeze.

Lock down 2 or 3 tables, use a mage to abs. targ the enclosed space, make sure your archer is the closest character to the summon spot and he will be attacked and respond. Your skill should shoot up really quick; have about 6k arrows on hand approximately.
Last edited by Kordavox on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

bogdan

Post by bogdan »

uofuntime wrote:
bogdan wrote:
uofuntime wrote:

Ooo... I have a GM archer but never macroed archery so I can't give you any advice, but I think people use paladins or blade spirits.
ya i tryd a hireling and they die way to easy..... i dont want to spend the money on reg for blade spirits.

Maybe ill just raise it by playing....

thanks for your info.....

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

y..... i dont want to spend the money on reg for blade spirits.
I will tell you now; up until about 80 or 85 archery, 90 or 95 if you have 25 dex, a single BS will last for about 90-120 seconds. Anticipate using about 300 of each BS reg and that's an overestimation. That's only about 3-5k for regs.

And if you buy your arrows, you will use fewer on the spirit than you would leveling your archery naturally, not to mention the cost of recall regs to get to and from hunting sites and bank/house to restock on ammo.

bogdan

Post by bogdan »

Kordavox wrote:
y..... i dont want to spend the money on reg for blade spirits.
I will tell you now; up until about 80 or 85 archery, 90 or 95 if you have 25 dex, a single BS will last for about 90-120 seconds. Anticipate using about 300 of each BS reg and that's an overestimation. That's only about 3-5k for regs.

And if you buy your arrows, you will use fewer on the spirit than you would leveling your archery naturally, not to mention the cost of recall regs to get to and from hunting sites and bank/house to restock on ammo.

thanks for the tips

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I think its because you are using another character to train on. That doesn't really yield any gains. Either use a hired NPC and keep them healed, use a BS or the slow way - hunt. Thats what I'm doing.

Btw, if anyone needs *to buy* any arrows just pm me.

Heskey

Post by Heskey »

Lazarus wrote:I think its because you are using another character to train on. That doesn't really yield any gains.
Yup that's the one - Was surprised no one suggested this earlier.

Sparring is a very ineffective way to gain skill, don't quote me but I think I read sparring is only 1/4 (25%) effective for skill gain.

[quote="jono1994"]ok i really think that u should add on the Elves race but still keep the original format of the game and also put in Necromancy :D[/quote]

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Follow the advise on using Blade Spirits. I thought killing mobs in a high spawn are would be good = wrong.

Blade spirits GM'd my archer in 2 days while barely even trying. It didn't require that many arrows either... and you should have a lumberjack/fletcher anyway.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

RoboSamurai

Post by RoboSamurai »

6-7k arrows, 500 of each BS reg and a solid day + some.

Buy out a vendor, get them to 999 arrows - 3gp each.

30k to GM archery + a day and a bit..

Great PvM, good for chasing off solo tank mages, but not super viable alone in PvP.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

I just started an archer 3 days ago.

Currently I'm running the BS macro. Mage casts BS, Archer is closest character to the BS so the BS attacks archer, then it archer fires back. While this is going on Archer is Macroing Anatomy on the Mage. Did this for a few hours last night and am sitting on 68 archery and 40 tactics(started at 0).

But my question is what is the restock timer on fletchers. I've noticed its slower than mage's selling regs. What is the time for them to restock?
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

RoboSamurai

Post by RoboSamurai »

Afaik, 30 minutes.