Resisting spells

Cado

Resisting spells

Post by Cado »

Hey..So, I've gotten this up to 50.5 from doing firewalls, which has the added benefit of raising magery and healing while running a hiding macro lol...nothing like efficiency :-)

Anyway...outside of the POV guild resist night which I have either missed or they haven't had, what is another option to raise resisting spells?

Also, is the cap gain through firewall 50.5 or 55.5? I can't remember.

Thanks!

benny-

Re: Resisting spells

Post by benny- »

55.0 is where it stops from firefield....As for gains higher than that...the most efficient method is def a resist session. Though if you're planning on working magery on that char you can cast on yourself in a house (can't gain resist in town)....If you're planning on doing magery anyway, this is a good method...gets you magery, healing, and resist...but it is a bit expensive in regs...takes thousands.
- Elisud

Cado

Post by Cado »

thanks.
What spells are optimal to cast for gains starting in low 40's magery. I like the idea of raising healing, magery and resists at the same time.

benny-

Post by benny- »

Not positive...all the guides I've found only have 50.0+ magery listed (as most chars using magery start with 50)...I'd try fireball...it only takes one reg (black pearl) so just get a decent bit and see how high it'll take you.

Also, here's a guide that explains magery gains more thoroughly...

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=845
- Elisud

Schtolteheim

Post by Schtolteheim »

I believe you can gain off a high level scroll if you spam click it at low magery, not sure though.

otherwise:
http://web.archive.org/web/200001161433 ... t/mage.htm

32 to 41 Lvl 3/Lvl 4 Mixture, with more focus on Lvl 3.
42 to 54 Any Lvl 4 spell. Emphasis on Recall, Greater Heal, Lightning, and Fire Field. This is probably the easiest step because Recall and Greater Heal are used quite often for teleportation and healing purposes. Lightning is a good attack spell in the harpy room, and Fire Field is great for building resist/killing creatures as long as other players aren't around.

Cado

Post by Cado »

Thanks!
My magery is just below 40 "real" and around 41 "shown" though I don't really understand the difference.

I have resists at 55 now as the firewall really did the trick! Just waiting on resist night with PoV now :-)

I'll prolly see how gains go with level 4 spells as I was getting to the point where I could cast fire field fairly consistently...i believe that is a level 4 spell. Whatever it is...I'll try the one requiring the fewest regs! I see folks doing this at the bank...is that because you don't take damage? I'm hoping to level this with healing so taking damage is more desirable, if that's the case.

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

Cado wrote:Thanks!
My magery is just below 40 "real" and around 41 "shown" though I don't really understand the difference.
"Shown" is your skill level for most practical purposes, which may or may not include a small bonus that your character started with. "Real" is how much you've raised your skill level from 0. Often the two values are the same, but until GM sometimes the shown value may be slightly higher. The 700-point skill cap is based on the real values.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Cado wrote:Thanks!

I have resists at 55 now as the firewall really did the trick! Just waiting on resist night with PoV now :-)

I'll prolly see how gains go with level 4 spells as I was getting to the point where I could cast fire field fairly consistently...i believe that is a level 4 spell. Whatever it is...I'll try the one requiring the fewest regs! I see folks doing this at the bank...is that because you don't take damage? I'm hoping to level this with healing so taking damage is more desirable, if that's the case.
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=17502
There will be a free public resist session on saturday. I for one will be aiming to assist. It's at an odd hour, but will try my best to get my Dexxer, and future tank there.

I'd go with lightning, but please, don't do firefield at the bank. Anyone could walk over it and you'd be flagged, and killed. People cast on themselves at the bank precisely because they take no damage, but that also does not increase their resist. No pain, no gain.
Last edited by benny- on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixed url
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

benny-

Post by benny- »

If memory serves you can't cast field spells in town anyway. :wink:

If you're going for magery/resist/healing...I'd stick to lightning out of town, in a house, middle tile, locked doors....perfectly safe.

These guys covered everything I was going to...so yea, what they said. Heh.
- Elisud