Stealing from monsters

Moderator: Support Moderators

uofuntime

Stealing from monsters

Post by uofuntime »

Is it true that you can steal gold from monsters? I've never heard of this as I never really played a thief before, but a thief friend told me this. Are other loot items also steal-able? Sorry if this question is totally noobish but it seems like a good way to make gold!

Van Raily

Re: Stealing from monsters

Post by Van Raily »

I remember you could, and it became a big thing recently on OSI shards (getting monster-only stealable rares), but I don't know when it was that you could steal from monsters. Must have been early, though, 'cause I don't remember ever doing it in the later years at all (only had Stealing in the 60s, back when you couldn't lock your skills/stats, and before Thieves Guild).
Gone to greener pastures.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

You can, yes. And you don't need to be in the thieves guild to steal from monsters. Not to mention, since they're gray, you don't go gray. It's sometimes fun to steal half the gold from a monster while someones killing it. Then try to out-loot them for the other half.

emac
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by emac »

Mikel123 wrote:You can, yes. And you don't need to be in the thieves guild to steal from monsters. Not to mention, since they're gray, you don't go gray. It's sometimes fun to steal half the gold from a monster while someones killing it. Then try to out-loot them for the other half.

I use to do this on OSI. I would go to the LL room and steal from the liches/LL while people were EV'ing them from the top. People would get so pissed, but I don't remember anyone attacking me. I think they were afraid of flagging since there was always a ton of people in there.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Mikel123 wrote:You can, yes. And you don't need to be in the thieves guild to steal from monsters. Not to mention, since they're gray, you don't go gray. It's sometimes fun to steal half the gold from a monster while someones killing it. Then try to out-loot them for the other half.
Oh excellent! I am wondering when you steal, do you get all the gold at once or little by little? That would be more of a challenge then.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

You get a random amount within the range of weights you can successfully steal.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

This is also great during events like the Cove Attack where dragons would randomly have trophies. Saw quite a few people steal the trophies before the dragons were dead.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

I was doing this in a crowded area one day and noticed someone complaining to another that the loot was really terrible that day.

Not for me it wasn't!

Return to “New Player Help”