New recruit

Astinus

New recruit

Post by Astinus »

Hello, all. I am new to the shard. For some reason PMs are apparently disabled on new, still-moderated accounts, so this public thread was the easiest alternative. Schtolteheim, an old friend of mine, bugged me to join him on this shard, and also referred me to this guild as a good place to become established, as a player who is not solely focused on PvP. I would like to join up.

A little about me: I played from the end of the T2A-era for a couple of years, with the majority of my playing during UO:R. When Schtolteheim showed me this shard recently I knew I could not resist the nostalgia overload for too long. Something like 5-6 years ago we tried to restart on OSI on Atlantic but that didn't last long.

My main at the moment is a tamer/mage named Mazus (couldn't resist -- my main 8+ years ago was a tamer/mage). I'm only able to play a bit each day until after exams, and I've been slacking on gaining magery, but I've gotten my taming near the level to control a nightmare reasonably well (though I'll have to buy one). Yeah, probably not the best template to start out on, but I enjoy it. In the old days I was more of a PvM player (as I mentioned, the bulk of my playing wasn't until after UO:R), but once I get some money I would like to create alts that are more geared towards PvP. But that won't be until after exams, at least.

Pirul

Re: New recruit

Post by Pirul »

Welcome to UOSA, and more sdpecifically, welcome to C^V. Hope to see you IG soon.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

benny-

Post by benny- »

Hello Astinus!

If you've read up on us at all, or as I'm sure Schtolt has informed you, we're very much into pvm and we always take on new players (in fact, the only players we take on are new, heh)...thus, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Eventually, I hope to get many of our members more experienced in pvp...so if you have hopes of learning more of it, we'd be glad to help you there too.

I got your pm btw...you mentioned that you play sometimes during the evening. As of right now, the only active time for the guild is late at night (generally around 11-2 est). In that respect, we are rather exclusive as we look for players who are available during that time in order to help maintain consistent activity within the guild....so hopefully that works for you.

Best way to get in contact with us is to hop in our irc channel: #C^V. There are instructions here in our guild forums for joining irc if needed....Hope to hear from you soon.
- Elisud

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

Those hours are fine; I can usually get on late at night most days, even before summer. I'll try to get in touch with you on the guild's IRC chat tonight.

Cado

Post by Cado »

Welcome Astinus! Look forward to seeing ya in game :-) I was actually wondering where all the mage/tamers were on this shard!

benny-

Post by benny- »

Yea, glad to see another tamer...we're starting to see a good mix of char types in the guild. Some diversity will really add to our hunts. :D
- Elisud

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

benny: In case I don't see you tomorrow first, I want to let you know about a newbie friend of mine, Magda, who would like to join. Pirul added her to the stone so you could just add her when she gets on.

She's only been playing actively so far less than two weeks (she was on vacation and so wasn't on recently). Her main now is a mage, though I think she's training a weapon skill too. I told her yesterday to register on the forums here. Also, she won't be on this weekend, but she should be on fairly regularly after that.

benny-

Post by benny- »

Sounds good Astinus....I'll accept her as a candidate....all she'll have to do now is return to the stone and click it in order to be accepted into the guild.

Also, if anyone sees her before I do, perhaps point her in the direction of our irc channel so we can get a hold of her.

As always, glad to see more people joining us. :D

(nice avatar btw...heh)
- Elisud