The Lag Post...

iamantitype

Re: The Lag Post...

Post by iamantitype »

I'm having the exact same issues, along with a lot of others I run with in-game that don't necesarily post here.

Running through high housing areas seems to increase the "black spots" in the north and south corners of the screen even more.

This started about 4 days ago for me.

Anyone have any ideas what might be happening, and why not everyone is having this problem?

I'm on Win 7 also.

Pappy

Post by Pappy »

Is anyone looking into this problem? Or are we just a bunch of ppl venting on this post?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Just saw this thread for the first time this morning. Looking into it.

It'd be helpful if you'd post client version in these reports. It definately doesn't seem to be effecting everyone. Would be nice to identify some common parameter.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I'm using 5.0.8.3 (downloaded from website, unchanged)

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

RoseRIP wrote:I'm using 5.0.8.3 (downloaded from website, unchanged)

I'm experiencing basically the exact same thing as rose, I didnt realize about the directional stuff but then tested it and rose is dead on. I have the same client, I also force game size window.

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Apok »

same. cant run two steps without freezing for a second. also i get black spots all over my screen. Ping is up and down. this must be server side.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

I have to say I used to have an avg of about 100 - 150 ping...but since this started I havent gotten below 350 - 400...I do not have the issue that rose has where certain places I get regular ping...I've even set a hotkey to say -ping to test it all over, and I'm consistently getting 300+

Pappy

Post by Pappy »

RoseRIP wrote:I'm using 5.0.8.3 (downloaded from website, unchanged)
same here

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

I have Version 6.0.1.3 (Patch 50) Allways had this version installed and never a problem.
Started several days ago when running on horse black areas appear and sometimes little black dots (about 8x8 steps by 8 steps in size)
Wanted to post screen shot of it but now I am so jerky onscreen that its impossible to play right now.
Am very jerky when running or even moving for the past few days seems to be getting a little bit worst everyday. Or maybe a bit more anoying everyday.
Also when on horse or Llama the mount looks like it is in stride while sitting still.

OK this is what I found out
After the bomb of 2010 that gave the shard problems I could not log in with uosecondage.com and was told to use 64.34.183.167 in place of uosecondage.com and then I could log on.

I have no idea if something was just fixed or what but I just loged on using uosecondage.com and the lag is pretty much gone.
One accout that was allready loged in with 64.34.183.167 and was lagging bad stopped laggin when I logged on with a second account using uosecondage.com.

I got screes shots of the spots I get but I only get them when I run NE or SW.
When I run towards a corner of the screen I allways got the little black corner. This I think is due to using force screen. (I use size 1024x768) screen size for my computer is set to 1680x1050.
Here are the screenies (Yack one of my wifes Chars)
The little dots are there too but hard to see they are color of the sand. This only happens when I run NE and SW
Thsi one the dots show up better.
Farging weirtd huh? Only started doing this a bit after the bomb hit the shard server.
This back in the corner allways happened when I would run toward sa corner of the map. Forced screen size I think is why.

Lag seems a better after loging in with the server name not the IP

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Apok »

yeah those are those spots... i'll post some shoots if i have a chance to tonight.

Caranthir

Post by Caranthir »

Client: 5.0.8.3
Login: via IP

have no blocks but notice lagspikes when running. when running tracert to uosecondage.com there are no changes in ping.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Derrick wrote:Just saw this thread for the first time this morning. Looking into it.

It'd be helpful if you'd post client version in these reports. It definately doesn't seem to be effecting everyone. Would be nice to identify some common parameter.
i think not everyone plays at the same speed. you don't really notice it unless you are in full sprint / pvp mode.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I bet My lag could beat Ur lag up any day. :mrgreen:
Attachments
Rose_5-20_13.21.jpg
Rose_5-20_13.21-4.jpg

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

Wow Rose Black screen for the Win.

Kind of looks liek your playing one of those old 8 bit games were the screen is black everywere untill you walk over it.
Yee ha Sword of Fargoal
Last edited by Daelan on Thu May 20, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

malice-tg wrote: i think not everyone plays at the same speed. you don't really notice it unless you are in full sprint / pvp mode.
This seems to be the case for sure.