The Lag Post...

Pappy

Re: The Lag Post...

Post by Pappy »

I don't get the black spots, but i got hella lag. My mount will run in place, then all of a sudden i jump forward and am missing half of my life cause some fire ele has been whaling on me while i was stuck running in place. Also I am currently lagging as i type this post. I type like 5 words then they all pop up after i am done typing.

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kublai Khan »

I have also been getting this horrid lag and black corners of my screen, a lot of ppl in guild has too.

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kublai Khan »

Just saw the pics on page two my lag is nowhere near that bad but I do lag...

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

RoseRIP wrote:
malice-tg wrote: i think not everyone plays at the same speed. you don't really notice it unless you are in full sprint / pvp mode.
This seems to be the case for sure.
Rose I'm not sure but I think your problem stems from your lag + force game size? If you disable force game size I don't think you'd have that problem. I lag like a bitch 'cause I live on the opposite side of the planet, and I've NEVER seen that before.

The other guy who posted screenies was obviously using force game size as well

It seems strange that you only get it when running in certain directions - I'm sure this has something to do with you forcing the game size :?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

Its never done this befor,I am pretty sure Rose has been playing fro some time here I have been playing here almost 2 years now and never had a problem like this ever here.
One of the reasons I like this place so much is one the Era it is run as and the total lack of lag it has allways had.
Would just suck if people got to laging so bad they bagged playing the game.

back in the Day I loved playing OSI Hokuto shard nothing was more fun than pissing of the people from Japan. but it got to be so laggy my friends and I went back to playing on Chessy, Catskills and Pacific most of the time. Or good old SP.

Just trying to give a hand for the guys to find out what the problem is.
was just logged in and looks like I am teleporting all over the place.

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Try turning off force game size. Lag is another issue, but the black squares you're getting may be related.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Force game size is not the issue for me.. I have been at the same screen size (forced) over a year, as I said in the original post, this has only been happening for a few days and started recently.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

RoseRIP wrote:Force game size is not the issue for me.. I have been at the same screen size (forced) over a year, as I said in the original post, this has only been happening for a few days and started recently.
Just try it, the issue is not only to do with forced game size but the lag you are experiencing in combination with it (imo).

Lag itself should have nothing to do with the drawing on the client, razor is an external program that allows the draw distance to be further than the client will allow.

Do you not think it's a bit of a cooincidence that both you and the other person who posted screenshots are both using force game size?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Negative, still get the same lag.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

RoseRIP wrote:Negative, still get the same lag.
Same lag or black squares?

Changing game size wouldn't affect your lag.

Ah well, short of a fresh install I've no idea. I lag like hell and have never seen that stuff.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

still doesnt even come close to explain why so many people are experience the same issues...

maybe a location based issue? suddenly we are being routed through a different path than previously cause of precautions that had to be made after the attack?

really just a guess out of left field but I've essentially quit playing (not completely) but at 400 ping there isn't much I can do in game...I almost died to an orc the other day :/

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Well I just logged on in 1000x800 forced game size and I get the black spots the same as the screenshots. My posts were never a suggestion how to improve your latency, but to help you with your graphical issues.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Derrick wrote:It'd be helpful if you'd post client version in these reports.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

the black spots happen when you force game size and experience any sort of lag, I have in previous times experienced the black spots...I just ignore it, however it only happens at times when I'm lagging, and usually very quickly goes away (since the lag goes away), however after the attack I've been getting constant lag, thus LOTS more black spots.

I've had my game window size forced for over a year and haven't had any issues with that...that I dont think is the issue at hand, its the fact that my, and it sounds like other peoples, lag has drastically increased, thus in turn increasing the black dots.

btw..

client version is 5.0.8.3

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Kryptonical ^^
Attachments
nail.jpg
nail.jpg (33.66 KiB) Viewed 1633 times