Event Room Trading!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Event Room Trading!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The following is an excerpt from a conversation I had via PM with monaxe. (for some reason calling himself BLAIRWITCH)
[2010-05-20 03:05:48] <MatrondeWinter> So I'm clear, you want to sell me a dye right?
[2010-05-20 03:05:53] <MatrondeWinter> not visa versa?
[2010-05-20 03:06:08] <BLAIR|WITCH> ya i got the dye
[2010-05-20 03:06:28] <MatrondeWinter> Yeah, that sounds like a solid deal
[2010-05-20 03:06:45] <MatrondeWinter> ill brb in 5, dog needs out
[2010-05-20 03:13:46] <MatrondeWinter> k sorry
[2010-05-20 03:14:33] <BLAIR|WITCH> well if u want to do it ill have the dye in the ctf room before the next tounry in 40 mins
Trade in the event room is pretty silly, I don't recall any place in 1999 T2A where you could freely trade without worrying about theft/death/etc. Granted, in this instance I was going to perform a legitimate trade, it just reminded me of how horribly exploited this is.

I think trading should be removed from these areas.

Sandro

Re: Event Room Trading!

Post by Sandro »

or..........

remove the safe-rooms altogether, and place sign-up books, or whatever static item you wish to roster people in designated areas around the world, much like we already have with the moongates..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sandro wrote:or..........

remove the safe-rooms altogether, and place sign-up books, or whatever static item you wish to roster people in designated areas around the world, much like we already have with the moongates..
I like this even better, but there would likely be a problem with red players getting attacked before the events, and complaining that they entered it with no equipment, due to being dead.

(personally I am for removing events entirely)

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Alright, then what about a gump that would enter you into said event without having to travel anywhere at all..?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Populus

Post by Populus »

That's the price reds have to pay.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The removal of the join areas is probably a good idea; however we're not going to be able to get that done right away.

I already had this on the agenda for next patch. You will be able to give another player an item in the even join areas, but you will not be able to exchange goods.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Trade in the event room is pretty silly, I don't recall any place in 1999 T2A where you could freely trade without worrying about theft/death/etc. Granted, in this instance I was going to perform a legitimate trade, it just reminded me of how horribly exploited this is.

I think trading should be removed from these areas.

So Let me get this Straight!

Exploits that Take Advantage of People are OK in your mind! but

Exploits that Help People from being Taken Advantage of is a Bad Thing in your Mind?

this truely shows what kind of a person you truely Are!!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

DarkWing wrote:Completely irrelevant post based on hasty generalization..
I think you may have mistaken this for the trash talk forum. If you are angry/frustrated about being killed/looted by cA/me, you are more than welcome to take that complaint where it belongs. You only disrupt civil discussion, and obstruct legitimate topics here.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
DarkWing wrote:Completely irrelevant post based on hasty generalization..
I think you may have mistaken this for the trash talk forum. If you are angry/frustrated about being killed/looted by cA/me, you are more than welcome to take that complaint where it belongs. You only disrupt civil discussion, and obstruct legitimate topics here.
Just Statiing the Facts ... and i can Honestly say that I have Never been Killed or Looted by cA or You at anytime!!

I am just Disgusted with the cA play style (using exploits) and there extortionist Ways!

it seems when someone finds a way to do something in a way that cA can't take advantage of. you go out of your way to try and get it nerfed!

and this is not a Trash Talk .. just me adding in my 2 Cents on the situation!

have a nice Day Sir.

Scammer Free Trade Room

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

DarkWing... check your keyboard. I think something might be wrong with your caps lock and/or shift key. Weird and totally random letters keep getting capitalized.

This isn't trash talk. I'm just concerned that you might have to send a professional or important email soon and I wouldn't want your faulty keyboard make you look like a buffoon.

Back on topic.
Derrick wrote: The removal of the join areas is probably a good idea; however we're not going to be able to get that done right away.

I already had this on the agenda for next patch. You will be able to give another player an item in the even join areas, but you will not be able to exchange goods.
Sounds good.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Brules

Post by Brules »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
(personally I am for removing events entirely)
AMEN

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

DarkWing wrote: it seems when someone finds a way to do something in a way that cA can't take advantage of. you go out of your way to try and get it nerfed!
Ok, so you are angry that forensics is currently inaccurate and should not reveal perma-grey status as it would render your guild (the BPD) fairly pointless.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10518

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

applejack wrote:DarkWing... check your keyboard. I think something might be wrong with your caps lock and/or shift key. Weird and totally random letters keep getting capitalized.

This isn't trash talk. I'm just concerned that you might have to send a professional or important email soon and I wouldn't want your faulty keyboard make you look like a buffoon.

Back on topic.
ya know ... this keeps happening when i type .. damn good thing there is Spell/Grammer check built in or i would be screwed!

Scammer Free Trade Room

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
DarkWing wrote: it seems when someone finds a way to do something in a way that cA can't take advantage of. you go out of your way to try and get it nerfed!
Ok, so you are angry that forensics is currently inaccurate and should not reveal perma-grey status as it would render your guild (the BPD) fairly pointless.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10518
again .. this is your opinion and that of google chat... nothing official!

we have among our players the ONE person that did the most for the Detective Class during the ERA and beyond!

so who are we to believe? some google chat forum? or the guy that was There?

Scammer Free Trade Room

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

DarkWing wrote: again .. this is your opinion and that of google chat... nothing official!
we have among our players the ONE person that did the most for the Detective Class during the ERA and beyond!
so who are we to believe? some google chat forum? or the guy that was There?
Anecdotal evidence?

In that case, I am really Ralph Koster, so I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that not only was forensics relatively usless (in that, it did not ever detect perma grey status), but snooping never really revealed you. That was simply a few typos in the official patch notes.

Prove me wrong.

Since you specifically said "nothing official", I would like to add that nowhere in the patch notes does it say anything about forensics detecting perma-grey status. http://www.stratics.com is not "official" or in any way affiliated with Origin/EA. Almost all of the content was added by players, much in the same way you can contribute to wikipedia.com.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Thu May 20, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.