Randomize CTF maps.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Would you like to see these changes?

Yes
67%
No
No votes
Just Random Maps
33%
Just New maps
No votes

Total votes: 9

Mephilic

Randomize CTF maps.

Post by Mephilic »

How about it because it seems like its almost always the same maps at the same times. This would add a little variety to those who don't play at certain hours. Im sure many people get bored a bit if its the same map over and over again.

While I am on this subject I would also like to suggest maybe adding a new ctf map or 2 into circulation ^^.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Randomize CTF maps.

Post by fox_phyre »

i agree with both sentiments. the maps don't just appear to be the same over and over again, they are the same each and every week since i started playing here.\the only mixing up of the ctfs i have seen is when Yoda threw in a random ctf a few fridays ago, which was a fun surprise. new maps would help mix things up, but will take extra effort on the part of the staff
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I also want to see random signups. It really sucks that, as it stands, you can pick which teams you're on. Everything about CTF should be random.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i havnt been on the team i chose for the last 5 ctfs :P
i also am not one of the peopel swapping sides all the time. I just pick a side and wait til the game starts

randomizing ctf maps would need to be somwhat controlle.d as a 4 team wilderness map wouldnt do to well when theres only a few players online :o
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mix up events a little.. the only event I might be interested in is 1v1 no magics/pots, and so far I haven't been online for a single one. It would be the same for a lot of people. They are always during the day when I am at work. I very rarely play UO in the weekend.
BlackFoot wrote:randomizing ctf maps would need to be somwhat controlle.d as a 4 team wilderness map wouldnt do to well when theres only a few players online :o
that could be easily auto-controlled
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE