Archery function and the swing timer fix.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Iced Earth

Archery function and the swing timer fix.

Post by Iced Earth »

Hello, currently archery is really difficult to get to work very well.

I use it on a warrior with 100 dex. The heavy x bow has some kind of really weird ridiculously long shot delay. The bow doesn't execute very clean either.

What is in store for archery? Or is it accurate currently and just really bad?

Lazarus

Re: Archery function and the swing timer fix.

Post by Lazarus »

I forget the specifics but they are going to change it, for the better from what I hear.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The change will be the addition of the original swing timer that OSI used.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

What I have noticed is that it takes a painfully long stop in movement to fire. I remember people in t2a called it "shoot and scoot", where you would keep moving and stop for a tick to fire. I can run clean across brittania, making sure not to wrestle anything, and then stop for a shoot after my scoot, and I have to sit there for upwards of 2 seconds sometimes just to fire.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

MatronDeWinter wrote:What I have noticed is that it takes a painfully long stop in movement to fire. I remember people in t2a called it "shoot and scoot", where you would keep moving and stop for a tick to fire. I can run clean across brittania, making sure not to wrestle anything, and then stop for a shoot after my scoot, and I have to sit there for upwards of 2 seconds sometimes just to fire.
This is the specific inaccuracy with archery which needs to be fixed. It shouldn't be a static two seconds, it's should be 2/3 of your regular fire speed, based on your stamina.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Brules

Post by Brules »

How much longer till we see this new timer etc on test?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Brules wrote:How much longer till we see this new timer etc on test?
I wanted to ask that also, but didnt want to bug you! Thanks Brules

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I understand there is a lot of interest in this topic, and it seems like it's been under discussion for quite a while. I really can't say at this point when it'll be ready. Soon I hope.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Any updates for this at all? :D

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Besides my description of the errors in the archery timer after moving likely being a misintrepretation after further research, this is the latest update:

Subject: Mutliple houses per account - the way it was
Derrick wrote:...I've been having a very hard time getting past a lot of the already pending changes and significant bugs in order to work on some desperately called for inaccuracies with the combat system.
I'm hoping to have the pending patch on Test Center (which has been in the works for well over a month) launched soon, possibly tommorrow. At that point I plan to dedicate myself fully to the combat system until it's done, tested and deployed (if appropriate and correct).

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Derrick wrote:Besides my description of the errors in the archery timer after moving likely being a misintrepretation after further research, this is the latest update:

Subject: Mutliple houses per account - the way it was
Derrick wrote:...I've been having a very hard time getting past a lot of the already pending changes and significant bugs in order to work on some desperately called for inaccuracies with the combat system.
I'm hoping to have the pending patch on Test Center (which has been in the works for well over a month) launched soon, possibly tommorrow. At that point I plan to dedicate myself fully to the combat system until it's done, tested and deployed (if appropriate and correct).
Very much looking forward to this.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Is anything else on the list for next test center testing besides archery?

I believe the hit-on-the-run is crucial to bringing back older players and those who don't play as much knowing how inaccurate it is to have to be completely still to 'cycle".

Both mages and dexers will benefit from that!

Thanks a lot Derrick! :mrgreen:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Psilo wrote:Is anything else on the list for next test center testing besides archery?

I believe the hit-on-the-run is crucial to bringing back older players and those who don't play as much knowing how inaccurate it is to have to be completely still to 'cycle".

It is intended that all weapons be fixed together and all changes be made at the same time, this if it pans out, is a complete change to how weapons work across the board. Any parts of this that may be separate from the core changes are minor.

I advise not to get too excited about any changes. Many grandiose claims have been made about forthcoming combat changes, but not by me. We really wont know how noticeable the changes will be until they are implemented.

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Post by Sinatra SUN-FoW »

Derrick wrote:
Psilo wrote:Is anything else on the list for next test center testing besides archery?

It is intended that all weapons be fixed together and all changes be made at the same time, this if it pans out, is a complete change to how weapons work across the board. Any parts of this that may be separate from the core changes are minor.

I advise not to get too excited about any changes. Many grandiose claims have been made about forthcoming combat changes, but not by me. We really wont know how noticeable the changes will be until they are implemented.

I am pretty stoked about the changes. I do hope this will help to alleviate the Hally/Mage template that is currently dominating with no signs or retirement. Thanks for all your work man.
Exaggerated Personalities for Exaggerated Times

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Derrick wrote:

As long as your weapon timer recharges while you are running, that is all that I care about. The possibility of this being fixed is what keeps me on this shard, it's what made me come back after over a year. It is the one major ill with this shards pvp, since it favors a cowardly, run as much as you can playstyle.

You guys are badass at getting stuff done though that's for sure.