Blessed Items should break from damage [reposted]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pied Piper

Re: Blessed Items should break from damage [reposted]

Post by Pied Piper »

chewybacca wrote:The entire point of my post was to point out that people were told that when they bless an item it will not break. Its not to say its era accurate. I'm only talking about how GF blessed items shouldn't break because when they were previously bought they were told it would not break.

And the Democrats always claimed Social Security was in a seperate "untouchable" Trust Fund that would always be there. LOL It is called life. Get over it dude.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

chewybacca wrote:The entire point of my post was to point out that people were told that when they bless an item it will not break. Its not to say its era accurate. I'm only talking about how GF blessed items shouldn't break because when they were previously bought they were told it would not break.
That could be said about a lot of things, like bandages being cut one at a time, horses fatiguing, katana speed change, changes to deadly poison, changes to cartography, changes to fishing, changes to swing-on-the-run, I could go on and on.

The point is: regardless of whether people 'agree' or 'disagree' with a change, whether they 'win' or 'lose' because of a change, if its towards era-accuracy we should all accept it for what it is and continue enjoying this server for accuracy and not convenience or favoritism.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Hicha wrote:
That could be said about a lot of things, like bandages being cut one at a time, horses fatiguing, katana speed change, changes to deadly poison, changes to cartography, changes to fishing, changes to swing-on-the-run, I could go on and on.

The point is: regardless of whether people 'agree' or 'disagree' with a change, whether they 'win' or 'lose' because of a change, if its towards era-accuracy we should all accept it for what it is and continue enjoying this server for accuracy and not convenience or favoritism.
^ THIS

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

Hicha wrote:
chewybacca wrote:...
well, if rumors from matrons thread are true and staff leaked information about a patch to some people in vent, then i think we should reconsider the favorism part.

also, i am not particulary for or against such a change, but i think things should be handled consistently. so if this is put into action, then imo other gf decisions should be reconsidered whenever possible... i mean really, gf stuff has to break, but gf lockdown on porches and gf glacial staff vendors are still cool?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Well, in all honesty. There has been a HUGE drop in GF glacial staffs wielding neon vendors since that changed. The important differentiation is that the vendors are subject to decay (as many have already done) and over time this problem will naturally work itself out. Non stealable, non breakable, completely wearable neon items however are not subject to this attrition.

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

in the end they'll land in the bank boxes of an inactive players. just a matter of time.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You would think, but the sad fact is that the majority of these players hand over their accounts to their pals when they quit. Mirage once told me that he had access to 9 different accounts from old TW players that he was going to use to get holiday rewards and all that. You can clearly see the items falling from one player to the next, rather than decaying in a bankbox. This is especially problematic considering accounts are never deleted.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

MatronDeWinter wrote:You would think, but the sad fact is that the majority of these players hand over their accounts to their pals when they quit. Mirage once told me that he had access to 9 different accounts from old TW players that he was going to use to get holiday rewards and all that. You can clearly see the items falling from one player to the next, rather than decaying in a bankbox. This is especially problematic considering accounts are never deleted.

That is illegal and bannable. 3 accounts per is the limit.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yes but it's their "friends" accounts... (or something), but that's another topic.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Yes but it's their "friends" accounts... (or something), but that's another topic.
That they are using as their own.....bannable.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

i dont like the idea. yes i have a pair of GF blessed sandals. but, we were told they were unbreakable, just like we were told our glacial staffs wouldnt be taken away. i think it would only be fair for staff to honor thier decision they made in the past. moving "towards" an era accurate shard was the goal from the beginning, grandfathering things has always been the t2a way. they axed the glacial staff abilities because it did in fact affect game play, thats not the case with this.
just my 2cents.

chewybacca

Post by chewybacca »

kill drizitz wrote:i dont like the idea. yes i have a pair of GF blessed sandals. but, we were told they were unbreakable, just like we were told our glacial staffs wouldnt be taken away. i think it would only be fair for staff to honor thier decision they made in the past. moving "towards" an era accurate shard was the goal from the beginning, grandfathering things has always been the t2a way. they axed the glacial staff abilities because it did in fact affect game play, thats not the case with this.
just my 2cents.
This is what i was trying to say in my post. Staff should honor their previous decisions.
<ARSEN> i was stoned the first time after a 2 months break likei was about to die but later it was just like everyday me sitting in the underground train thinking ppl r stalking me
<fox_phyre> I JUST WANT TO FEEL YOUR BREATH ON MY BEARD

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

In a sense they are.. since Derrick had said that things would eventually be breaking. He never said they would be grandfathered forever.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Boondock_Saint wrote:i repeat myself and 5 others over and over because i have downsyndrom
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Arsen is just mad I am camping his castle with a macer. hoho.

Free CY runes to arsens castle!
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket