New idea for hunts.

Atraxi

New idea for hunts.

Post by Atraxi »

As you guys may have noticed, I'm gettin tired of runnin thru dungeons every time we hunt. That's why I brought up the idea of running across Britannia, which we did, and had fun doing. But I have another new idea for guild hunts. This would be for smaller groups, like 3 or 4, maybe 5 or 6 if we get a bigger boat.

I am trying to GM my fisherman so I can get MiB's. I was thinking of bringing along a small party and having a Fishing hunt!

I have already brought the idea up to Pirul, i just want to know what everyone thinks. The more people we have, the more we can carry. I have a boat. It's a small boat, but it's a boat, and it's almost always anchored somewhere in or near Vesper. If you happen to see a boat named TARDIS, that's mine.

Maybe the guildmates could all throw in a little money so we can buy a large boat for the guild. If everyone threw in 2 or 3k we would have it.

It's a challenge navving thru Vesper to the deep water, but I can do it.

My small boat can hold 2 or 3 people plus me before it gets too crowded. Remember, as the fisherman, I need to be able to move around somewhat easily. That is why I think we should buy a Guild Boat.

We can park it by the GH, anchor dropped, and locked, and it will be safe. We will need to clear the hold, but the boat will be safe. We can also drydock it and lock it down in the GH, but that would mean that we could only use it if there was a house owner or co-owner around.

But, I'm rambling. Lemme know what u think of those ideas, both the idea of going on a guild seafaring mission, and the idea of buying a guild boat.

Thorgrim and I went on a small fishing hunt late tonight. We only ran into one Sea Serp but it was a little fun. I'm sure it'll be more fun when I GM fishing. Here's a SS of Thor acting as my "sidegunner" when he found my throne in the hold.

|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New idea for hunts.

Post by Karik Verlee »

You could throw the boat in a secure container in the guild hall for all to use too.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Karik Verlee wrote:You could throw the boat in a secure container in the guild hall for all to use too.
Wow, why didn't I think of that the first time. Thank you, Karik.

The Cimmerian

Post by The Cimmerian »

Sounds like a great idea. It only takes 60 skill to fish up an Mib once you've got one. I've seen them on sale at a couple of places. It might be fun to bring a few with us and do some nautical treasure hunting along the way.

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Quite certain it is at 80 fishing.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

SirEricKain wrote:Quite certain it is at 80 fishing.
What is at 80 fishing?

Zershii
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zershii »

I've purchased a large dragon ship for the guild and gave it to Dallas. I think it would be fun to do some MiBs and T-Maps.
Zershii (Mystic Paladins of Sosaria), Great Lakes 1998-2001

MPS : Vesper, Mongo, Thor, Baumgarp, Bruce Wayne

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Zershii wrote:I've purchased a large dragon ship for the guild and gave it to Dallas. I think it would be fun to do some MiBs and T-Maps.
Yes, I have named our ship "The Vigilant Vessel", to go along with our guild name The Company of the Vigilant. If anyone can think of a better name, I am open to suggestions.

*edit: To clear up any confusion. You may occasionally see two boats parked by the GH. The large boat along the North shore is the Vigilant Vessel, that is the guild boat. Every so often (like right now), I will park my small boat, the Tardis, along the East shore by the GH. The guild only has access to the Vigilant Vessel, of course.

I propose that before we use the guild boat, we have a meeting between anyone who might command the boat to discuss boat security. Boats are not like houses. It is much easier to steal a boat!

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

BEWARE of PIRATES!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Excellent idea Atraxi, and thanks for the boat Z. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun hunting the open waters.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Cattie B

Post by Cattie B »

Thanks Zershii for the awesome donation.
I have a few mibs we could do, its not like a tmap tho. theres no spawn, so im not sure if doing it in a group would be all that exciting.. but i have them and will share the loot if we wanna do em
( i want the metal chests if we get any tho! )

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by yossarian »

Arrrr ye scallywag, I'll be watchin for ye!