Horse Spawn :/

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Traise

Horse Spawn :/

Post by Traise »

Seriously... whats the deal with horses. It seems they dont spawn. Ive paged in game and have been assured that they do infact spawn. If so, you guys really need to take a look at the horse spawn. I am in no way a new player, but I am new to the shard and it is seriously p*ssing me off that I can not find a horse to tame.

As a new player how do you expect ppl to get a horse? beg others? (not gonna happen).... or are new players just sh*t out of luck. As it stands basically having no/very little horse spawn is a very bad way to attract new players.

Oh, and btw, I read your changes to ostards and ridable llamas and how they cant be brought to fel. I understand your need for t2a accuracy but its a poor change. I started playing here a year ago and it was very nice being able to get llamas and ostards. Now I come back and I cant even get a horse. This is all very fusterating.

Traise

Re: Horse Spawn :/

Post by Traise »

Ok so ive just recieved another response ingame from "Yoda". He writes..."They are out there, but there are several other players doing the same." He continued to to tell me that should check wiki for specific spawn areas. Truth be told I commend Yoda for his helpfullness with the situation. He definitely tried to give a useful response.

The problem is not with his response tho. He is obviously just working with what he has. No, the problem is with the system. Ok, so here is what we have... alot of ppl trying to tame horses. Aparently horses dont spawn in alot of places. So.... The amount of horses spawning should be increased. Ive tried to walk you all down a path of logical thinking. I hope it helps as the answer to this problem is clear.

Ive been walking around for 3 hours and havent found a single horse. Something is wrong with that. I sure hope this type of thing doesnt happen often, as I just wont continue to play here. I know UO very well and what it should be like, but I bet that there are probably alot of other new to the shard players that have gone through the same fustrations and just quit.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I can't wander far from Delucia without seeing a wild horse :? . I am no tamer however, so maybe it's just Murphy's Law.

Also, Ozzies and Llamas can be brought to "Fel"...just using the appropriate passage ways (the same applies for horses, btw).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Traise

Post by Traise »

Pirul wrote:I can't wander far from Delucia without seeing a wild horse :? . I am no tamer however, so maybe it's just Murphy's Law.

Also, Ozzies and Llamas can be brought to "Fel"...just using the appropriate passage ways (the same applies for horses, btw).
I hear ya loud and clear. thx man.

Although, I will say that a brand new player to UO would have no idea what to do. Ive played on numerous free shards and Ive never encountered this problem to this degree. Starting a fresh char and getting some mounts is one of the first things I do. Not being able to do so here is just wrong. It should be looked at. thx again.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Traise wrote:
Pirul wrote:I can't wander far from Delucia without seeing a wild horse :? . I am no tamer however, so maybe it's just Murphy's Law.

I hear ya loud and clear. thx man.

Although, I will say that a brand new player to UO would have no idea what to do. Ive played on numerous free shards and Ive never encountered this problem to this degree. Starting a fresh char and getting some mounts is one of the first things I do. Not being able to do so here is just wrong. It should be looked at. thx again.
I can tell you this. There are usually wild horses around the recdu/recsu Teleporters in Moonglow and Papua. If they aren't wandering around the teleporter, then they should be somewhere within a screen or so away. This is unless they have been tamed already, of course. Also, if u can get the money together, stables sell horses for around 800gp, I think.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Glad to be of assitance.

Also, any new player should check out [NEW] for help, and development.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Eaglestaff

Post by Eaglestaff »

I have a GM tracker with taming that makes this process of finding free horses much easier. There are about 5 horses that spawn in a spread out area between Brittain, Trinsic, and Skara. If you go further north up the Yew pass, east past Brittain towards the swamp, or south into the Trinsic tropical Forrest then you wont find any more. Stay between these 3 cities and you'll find them. One of them in particular spawns near the end of the river by the Labyrinth and another near the trinsic/Brit bridge. But yeah I've recently discovered that the quickest way is usually just to go to the Moonglow mage shop teleporter.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

During T2A I temporarily had a T2A account (it ended up getting banned after I lent it to a friend and he called someone a "n****r").

I recall being able to tame horses in T2A, but was unable to find any in the old lands. Am I crazy, or were horses a T2A spawn only thing? I mean of course you could always buy them in the old lands, but I don't remember ever seeing one SPAWNED in the old lands. They most certainly spawn in the old lands here.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nightshark wrote:During T2A I temporarily had a T2A account (it ended up getting banned after I lent it to a friend and he called someone a "n****r").

I recall being able to tame horses in T2A, but was unable to find any in the old lands. Am I crazy, or were horses a T2A spawn only thing? I mean of course you could always buy them in the old lands, but I don't remember ever seeing one SPAWNED in the old lands. They most certainly spawn in the old lands here.
This is the general consensus, and there was a bit of a dispute on it some time ago so we didn't completely abolish Britannian horse spawn, but they are cut back dramatically.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

Traise wrote:Seriously... whats the deal with horses. It seems they dont spawn. Ive paged in game and have been assured that they do infact spawn. If so, you guys really need to take a look at the horse spawn. I am in no way a new player, but I am new to the shard and it is seriously p*ssing me off that I can not find a horse to tame.

As a new player how do you expect ppl to get a horse? beg others? (not gonna happen).... or are new players just sh*t out of luck. As it stands basically having no/very little horse spawn is a very bad way to attract new players.

Oh, and btw, I read your changes to ostards and ridable llamas and how they cant be brought to fel. I understand your need for t2a accuracy but its a poor change. I started playing here a year ago and it was very nice being able to get llamas and ostards. Now I come back and I cant even get a horse. This is all very fusterating.
I'm just going to assume that you're Traise from Defiance. Under that assumption - you should know me quite well. Firstly, horses DO spawn EVERYWHERE in Delucia/Papua. I'd be more than happy to take you out and show you specifically what I'm talking about. Secondly, you should know that Era Accuracy takes precedence over everything and player opinion on any given change isn't considered at all. This might seem a bit hard to swallow (given that DFI changes are based almost entirely on player opinion). However, once you've been here for a while you'll come to appreciate the era accuracy mission and realize that it really does make for a much more balanced shard. Apart from that, welcome. Enjoy UOSA, because it's years ahead of DFI and our staff make Defiance staff look pathetic.
Shoot me a PM if you need help gettin started.
/mike
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.