Dispute over Land

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Segellion

Dispute over Land

Post by Segellion »

Greetings,

My name is Segellion and I am the guild leader of the Cult of Infernal Necromancy. I have joined this server a few months ago and I was very thankful for it, as it recreated my UO days from back in 1999. Originally I had planned to migrate my entire guild to this server because it seemed like a perfect match for our RP community.

However with all good comes bad, and it's something I really didn't realize until just today and I realized it in a big way. As you continue reading please understand that I am aware that this has been discussed in dozens of threads, but I believe it has not been addressed enough!

As soon as I joined this server I knew the most important thing was to establish a guild house, so I sought out the original tower location that our guild had back in 1999. Through a lot of investigation I found out that JohnC owned the tower, and might be willing to sell it. Quite releiving I thought, but I had to get the money.

So I brought a couple players over to try and help me make money, I temporarily place a small house beside the tower to store the guildstone. I inform JohnC of this and he is furious because I placed a house on "his land". At this time it was revealed to me that JohnC now only owned the tower, but the small, large brick, keeps, towers and a castle that were near the region. I had hoped that JohnC might be willing to part with a tower because he has so many. But certainly not, this tower-locked and empty- was reserved for his guild only. I offered JohnC a million gold coins for the one tower and he still refused. The months that I have spent by the tower I had never seen him or evidence of anybody else in the entire region, JohnC referred to it as a town but it seemed more like a ghost town..

Now I can't force JohnC to give up his "town" nor do I want to, if anything I would love to be apart of his town but with the placement of my small house I definately feel like my presence is unwanted. As polite as I try to be, JohnC is unwilling to cooperate.

And then today I stumbled across this thread:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=21953

Where a character owns 12 houses, keeps, smalls, castles.. and although he claims to sell it, it does not seem very likely that he will give it up.
This is really quite a problem Owning 2 or 3 houses is one thing, but to own more than 1 keep or castle? Is ridiculous, and then hording it all for yourself?

I am sure there are other people out there who are like this, that's why I can only mention the two. It's completely legal for an individual to have 15 castles and they may deserve them.. however it is unfair for those who just entered the game, have broken their backs making money by grinding or farming when all we can get is a small or large brick that are for sale on the forums.

And I would like to credit BeatingU, he has been the most helpful person on this entire server in regards to this issue. He is a very respectable individual and generous towards n00bs. I see a lot of negative posts in regards to him, and I think they should be removed because a lot of people could learn from him.

This is madness, and I am almost at wits end to pack up my guild and leave the server. I could buy a tower off the forums, or anything smaller than that. However Keeps and Castles are held in multitudes by those who need them least,

I strongly recommend limiting the amount of houses per account to 2-3 houses.

Thank you for reading,

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Dispute over Land

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I'm with you 100% on everything except the BeatingU comment. But alas, "era accuracy". The aristocrats!

Errikos

Post by Errikos »

I don't see the point in everyone being allowed 3 accounts.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

This has been discussed a million times and unfortunately, its not going to change.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sandro wrote:This has been discussed a million times and unfortunately, its not going to change.
I say fortunately. I like having 3 accounts because I play 12 different characters (working on the 13th right now).

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I'm with you 100% on everything except the BeatingU comment. But alas, "era accuracy". The aristocrats!
Agreed. BeatingU is a known scammer.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

is the spot itself really worth 500k? you could get any other tower anywhere for 550k maximum. i wouldn't pay a mil for one regardless of its location.

Segellion

Post by Segellion »

It's absolutely worth 500k, but only for sentimental values

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

You could probably get a keep for a million if you took the time to find one.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

it's not a matter of having 3 or 2 or only account, but how many houses you are allowed per account

Even though I currently have more than 3 houses, I really think that we should limit it to 1 house per account.

it would be much better to have plenty free spots for upcoming noobs rather than TONS of empty houses just locked down and refresh

and not to mention stupid fuc***s that just block people from placing bigger houses by owning a small house somewhere... those wouldnt do it if they could only own 3 houses in total.
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

The other side of the coin is, you can't buy up smaller places and put a castle down if you're limited to three.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

thats the point, therefore you will need to have friend also placing small houses and help you... that's all about a community game

what i dont like much in T2A is that you can do all by yourself, train your char with 3 accounts, place dozen of small to get your castle, etc... whats the point of having teamates except for pvping then ?
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Reena Dae

Post by Reena Dae »

The number of keeps/castles on the shard is era inaccurate. I can only remember one castle on my home shard, and it was a blessed city (if you could call one house a city). Keeps were exceptionally rare, too.

Castles are a gluttonous waste of space and should never have been in the game to begin with, but that's just my opinion.
A conversation during character creation:
Me: Do you think I should use my old character name..?
Him: I think you overestimate how famous you are. I doubt anyone remembers you anymore.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

housing is out of control here. i saw some thread the other day where a guy owned like 5 castles in the same area. i promise you no one on OSI ever accomplished that. 1 house per account should be the limit.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Regarding the OP, Id just like to point out even if housing was empty and 1 per account you will still run into a lot of people holding onto empty houses with no intentions of selling. :(
Last edited by Lord Cavewight of GL on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.